Aqua Class

wavywoman

My hubby and I recently booked an Aqua cabin aboard the Equinox. We are not new to Celebrity or the Equinox. I'm looking for some reviews of Aqua cabins. Please share your honest thoughts/reviews. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On S-Class we had different AQ staterooms forward underneith the Persian Garden and spa. Excellent - we can recommend them.

Except for the showers they are not much different than other staterooms. Other than on M class they are not larger either.

The great thing about AQ is BLU, however :-)

Be sure to consult the Cabin Thread above, if you haven't already.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

We've been in a number of AQ cabins on S class ships. We generally book aft of the midship elevators (we've been in 1621 and 1624 multiple times) because we try to avoid being under the pool deck, but like to be midship. Otherwise, we like rooms with the bed near the bath (spreadsheet tells you this) and we find all the cabins the same, except for the balconies. Some are angled and have a bit more room. Some like these and others don't because they can't easily see around their neighbors due to the bump out. Have a great cruise!

oh you will thoroughly enjoy Aqua!

As others have said, the reason we book Aqua is for Blu. Did it once and it has 'ruined' us on anything else! (I don't DARE book a suite!!)

We book the A2 cabins, just below the spa as they are quiet. We've been under the pool deck....once....won't to that again!!

Some things to remember:

- you will get a bottle of sparkling wine with your cabin. If you don't like/want it, you can take it with you to Blu and they will take it as credit toward another bottle of your liking. I think it has a value in the $35-40 range. Some posters report that they've had troubles doing so....in all our cruises, we've never had a problem....YMMV!

- some people just LOOOOOOVE the body sprays in the shower. I think they just make a big watery mess in the bathroom! The sprays are low to the ground....nowhere near my shoulders/back where I'd want the spray. I don't use 'em.

- afternoon canapes are delivered to your room. Some are good, some not so much. You can request shrimp cocktail or a cheese tray. We've not done this, but I think we will on our next sailing. You can also request that they not be delivered.

- Aqua has a slightly upgraded room service (breakfast) menu. We try to do at least one balcony breakfast per cruise......ahhhhh I'm on vacaaaaation!

- There is a dedicated line at check-in for Aqua. Look around and determine if the 'regular' line is shorter....it might be. You aren't required to use the Aqua line.

- access to the Persian Gardens is included. At least once, try the fancy showers!

Cruise Critic is a wonderful place for information....welcome - and join in on your cruise's Roll Call!!

Enjoy your cruise!

We were able to trade the sparkling water for wine. Our cabin steward offered when we told him we weren't into sparkling water. It was a B2B, in the same cabin so the first week he got us a bottle of red and the second week we got a bottle of white.

We had 1574 on the Silhouette for our cruise from Amsterdam to Rome last fall and while it was under the pool deck it was fine for us. We were not bothered by any noise at all. The thing to be aware of is if you want a lot of sun on your balcony avoid the these cabins because the balconies are shaded by the pool deck overhang. We were happy with the shade but some want to sun bath and it will not work well for sun bathing.

The highlights of the Aqua Class cabins to me include the fantastic shower and access to Blu. Be careful for the room location as you could be under a gym or pool. Also if you are a sun lover, there is an overhang which dramatically cuts the amount of direct sunlight for tanning.

We've been in AQ a couple of times when the price was right and love it. Not really a fan of the Persian Gardens but did the steam room a couple of times. If I'm going to lay around somewhere it will be on my balcony :)

Have to admit there were a few nights where Blu's menu wasn't all that appetizing, to us anyway. We did eat there every night but ordered off the anytime menu a couple of times. Check the menu ahead of time and if you don't like it either go to the MDR, buffet or do room service. But we LOVE the intimacy of Blu. So much nicer than the MDR.

The shower is great too. Not just the extra jets but the main shower too. They give you upgraded robes but in warm weather they are a bit too heavy. Ask the cabin attendant to switch out to the lighter weight robes.

enjoy