Can I bring a bottle of wine?

Love Boat Dream

Hi all,

Sailing on the summit on 7/16. Can I bring a bottle of wine aboard?

thanks!

Found this in about 10 seconds by typing "bringing wine on celebrity" into Google.

"Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any otheruse. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls or from the onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest's staterooms on the last day of the sailing. "

Really easy to do.

DON

Yes, they mean 750 ml bottles. No, you do not pay $25 to have the wine inside your cabin - but you must pay the $25 to drink the wine on your balcony. Yes, the "corkage" fee applies to screw-caps, too.

Yes, they mean 750 ml bottles. No, you do not pay $25 to have the wine inside your cabin - but you must pay the $25 to drink the wine on your balcony. Yes, the "corkage" fee applies to screw-caps, too.

Unless something has changed very recently, the corkage fee associated with wine brought aboard is assessed only if a bottle carried aboard is brought to the dining room for consumption there... I can't imagine how one would be charged corkage for a bottle of wine that is personally opened within the confines of one's stateroom and consumed within the room or while on one's veranda [and in fact, stateroom attendants will bring wine glasses and a bottle opener to one's cabin upon request]...

Hello,

Contrary to the sentence in post #4...there is absolutely no corkage fee to drink your bottle of wine on your balcony...per Celebrity...the corkage fee is applied if you take your bottle to any "shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue"

Enjoy

BBL

So Celebrity 'still' charge a corkage fee if personal wine is consumed anywhere outside of your stateroom?

Royal dropped this charge back in 2014.

EDIT:

Just searched and it appears that as of June 5th 2017, Royal have REINSTATED the corkage fee... now $15 per bottle.

Didn't last long :(

Edited by icsys

It's not just taking it to a restaurant -- You can't take the wine you brought on board to any of the public spaces. It must be consumed in your stateroom. Needless to say, how are they going to know if you pour a glass in your stateroom and bring it anywhere?

FYI - we were told by our cabin steward on the Solstice cruise we just got off that corkscrews have been removed from cabins for "safety reasons." So now you have to call your cabin steward when you want your wine opened in your cabin or pay the corkage fee in a public space. So bring screw tops! I'm really hoping our steward was just wrong and that this isn't their new (awful) policy.

I have a question....I purchased a drink package. Does it go into effect when I board, regardless of time of departure?

As soon as you board you can go to any bar that is open and get a drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

So what's wrong with asking the room steward to bring you one? That doesn't seem too difficult a burden.

1) We have found it hit and miss as to whether the cabin stewards have had one.

2) We own a travel corkscrew.

3) We prefer to open a bottle at the time we plan to drink it. Don't want to call to get a bottle opened.

4) I can't think of a 4.

No, you do not have to pay the corkage fee to drink the wine on your balcony, bathroom, bed or anywhere else in your cabin.

So what's wrong with asking the room steward to bring you one? That doesn't seem too difficult a burden.

In our case, every time we asked him to come open a bottle (because he wouldn't leave the corkscrew) there was a 20-30 minute delay because he was busy. Now I know to bring one!