A Charge for light Lunch, now in force in the Q.Vic Chart Room.

Bell Boy

Not a very good start to the New Chart Room onboard Queen Victoria.

With effect from this week there is now a charge for 'lunch items' in the new Chart room, I believe it's approx $16 :confused: ( I haven't seen what is on offer yet) However, breakfast pastries etc are still complimentary.

:(

With effect from this week there is now a charge for 'lunch items' in the new Chart room, I believe it's approx $16 :confused: ( I haven't seen what is on offer yet) However, breakfast pastries etc are still complimentary.

Hi Bell Boy

I've occasionally wondered how long it would be before the bean-counters decided to charge for lunch in the Golden Lion, or Afternoon Tea in the Queens Room :eek:. Maybe this is a trial to gauge passenger's reactions and opinions?

Can't be many years before any food consumed away from the MDRs and buffet will be extra-charge :mad:

Yet another example of them moving the 'goal posts' after a cruise has been booked.

Yup, and those examples are mounting up. Obviously, Cunard knew when this new charge was going to be implemented, but gave no advance notice.

Is this "bait and switch"?

Either way, such tactics do not inspire confidence in those booking long in advance. Not that I'll be booking long in advance - I've learned my lesson several times over :)

$16 for lunch on a cruise ship? I hope it's a fabulous lunch. Otherwise this is a rip-off and will probably die for lack of customers.

did you book the cruise because they had free lunches in the Chart Room???:p

When ever you book a cruise you do not expect to see the charges they are and have made since the refit, even in the MDR the potions appear to have gone down, we also thought the choice of meals on the menu are not the choice we have been used too in the past, we had curries and rice dishes (not our cup of tea). It is possible you will have read on cruise critics what people are saying about the price they have to pay for alcohol now. Just one last point have people noticed thebig increase in prices for next years cruises?:rolleyes:

Hello

I am very curious how you found out about this. Are you currently on the ship? Heard it from passengers who are? Is it gossip? Thank you....

Deck Chair

Hello again

I just heard from Cunard line that there is NO charge for lunch in the Chart Room on QV. I am wondering where to OP's information came from.

Deck Chair

That's interesting, thank you.

Hopefully Bell Boy will be back to tell us where he got his information.

So long as the lunch items are Caviar and Champagne that's OK.

SORRY FOLKS ! PLEASE IGNORE MY ORIGINAL POST :o

Well so much for my so called reliable source ! My neighbours who are 'Cruise Newbies', emailed to say they had enjoyed a light lunch ( at my recommendation) in the Chart Room on day two. However, they were very disappointed that they were charged $16.

After several emails back and forth to confirm this, they have now only just realised, yes it was the beverage that they were charged for :')

So sorry folks for raising your blood pressure, including mine :eek:

SORRY FOLKS ! PLEASE IGNORE MY ORIGINAL POST :o

Well so much for my so called reliable source ! My neighbours who are 'Cruise Newbies', emailed to say they had enjoyed a light lunch ( at my recommendation) in the Chart Room on day two. However, they were very disappointed that they were charged $16.

After several emails back and forth to confirm this, they have now only just realised, yes it was the beverage that they were charged for :')

So sorry folks for raising your blood pressure, including mine :eek:

Thanks for clearing this up! I hope I meet you one day..

Deck chair