How many kids can I expect?

deborahjo

I've cruised that time of year on Carnival, HAL, and Princess, and there were only a handful of kids, due to most schools being in session.

Roz

Probably not too many but I really wouldn't worry about that.

We used to be concerned but after cruising during spring break we have found that Carnival does a good job keeping the younguns busy and they have never bothered us.

Now if you have children and are wondering if they will have enough friends on board then that is a different story.

In the past I would have said only a handful because school was in session, but after we encountered over 600 on a cruise in late January, all bets are off. We sailed in September and November when school was in session, but there were still several hundred on each sailing. Lots of home schooled kids these days and lots of parents who pull their kids out of school when they find a deal.

On Carnival cruises there won't be as many but more than your might expect. Always amazed at how many will take their children out of school to cruise because cruising is less expensive that time of year.

Let's keep in mind some are home schooled.

Reason for asking is Carnival turns the aft pool back into adult only when there are not a lot of kids.

This is our 3rd time on the Splendor and we love the aft pool being adults only.

Thanks for the answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a November cruise on Carnival during the Elections week a few years back and the ship was packed with kids. The cruise director even made a joke that he was planning on shaming all the passengers who had skipped the Elections to go on a cruise, but instead he was going to shame all the passengers who'd taken their kids out of school because there were so many onboard.

About the aft pool being "adults only", I don't think I've ever seen that enforced.

We are sailing the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the 26th, on the Splendor. From your experience how many kids might be on board? Know it is always guessing but would like a guess.

It should not be too bad at all .

After Thanksgiving up to just before Xmas is a slow season with low prices because they know it's not a conducive time for family vacation. You may see many kids under age 4 or 5; but not too many school aged kids.

We just got off the Splendor this Sunday (was on the 6/24 cruise), and was told that there were 3600 passengers, 1200 of whom were under the age of 18. That said, the aft pool was still 18+. As I had my kids, I never spent time there, but when I did pass by I did not see kids there. There were plenty of kids at the other 2 pools.

When school is in session and I sail it's usually a few hundred. When I sailed during the summer it was a thousand. I would say it's a few hundred with kids too young for school or who pulled their kids out of school for the cheaper fare.

We did a November cruise on Carnival during the Elections week a few years back and the ship was packed with kids. The cruise director even made a joke that he was planning on shaming all the passengers who had skipped the Elections to go on a cruise, but instead he was going to shame all the passengers who'd taken their kids out of school because there were so many onboard.

About the aft pool being "adults only", I don't think I've ever seen that enforced.

Just so you know...the week of Election Day up here in NJ is usually what we call Jersey Week...it's the week when the NJ Teachers Convention is running and our schools are closed on Thursday and Friday. Some schools also close on Election Day, while others will give the whole week off. So you might have had a lot of NJ people on your cruise with a lot of kids out.

According to carnivalshipstats.com last years Splendor cruise on that date had 2132 adults and 847 children. I would expect similar this year

Can you verify that web address. We are cruising on January 27th on the Valor and are bringing our kids and am hoping they make a friend or two :)

I have NEVER said I don't like kids. I don't like adults who turn their kids loose on the rest of the passengers and don't make them behave.

+1

+1

+1

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk