What's in this area? Deck 10 Caribe

bgyoshi

cdffeb396a55b5e38f6642b91da0747a.jpg

Was looking to book a balcony C639 and wondering what's in that white space? I once booked a hotel room across from a janitor's closet and it was LOUD. Wanted to make sure I'm not doing that again. Thanks!!cdffeb396a55b5e38f6642b91da0747a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's probably a place for cabin stewards to keep their supplies. If you're a light sleeper who likes to sleep in, another area of the ship may be better for you. I'm always up early and never get bothered by noise from cabin stewards.

That space is far too large for the stewards' supplies. They have small spaces close to their own work area and we have always found them to be very quiet. I believe the large area that you have circled would be the space for the funnels leading from the engine room to the open air. We have never heard any noise from this space.

Yep, that will be the "machinery casing" where the diesel exhausts go up to the funnels, and there will be some ventilation fans sending air down to the engine room. There will be no noise from this area.

Whoa!!! Caution! We were in an inside on the Crown in like #633 and NEVER again!!! This is the ship's stacks and very noisy. How I wished that it had been a janitor or housecleaning closet. This and other reasons is why we will only book balconies from now on. Life is too short. :o

Yep, looks like the exhaust stack having looked at the photo of the ship. I am sure I have stayed in/around C722 (can never remember my cabin numbers - must start making a note) on a previous cruise with no issues.

Edited by sandy999