Concierge vs Aqua

Its a shame that on U.S. passengers seem to get the chance to upgrade or change bookings without any loss. We love Aqua although your benefits have changed over the 4 years we have been cruising. Wehave loved the Eclipse sailed on her 4 times on different itineraries out of Southampton. Will miss her from next year and hope her sister ship is as good. We have usually liked Blu but the first night on our last cruise went to MDR as did not like what was on menu. The last night the other half saw someone eating Spaghetti Bolognnaise although it was not on the menu and asked and got same. If you dont ask you dont get as long as you are polite about it.

How common is it to book an inside guarantee and get a chance to upgrade to aqua. Seems like a huge upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree but be proactive and look for deals. I checked every week one cruise and went from an inside to Aqua for $100 pp, just the right timing. It was not a guarantee.

Timing is everything. We have to 'keep an eye out' on the price, as there is no email offer nor phone call.

Well there is a program where a call comes, but it seems to be few and very far between.

Not an offered 'upgrade' but the other cabin categories have a price drop, and you can move on up to the East side :') by paying the difference.

I am sure I am not going to get a cheap UG other than a discounted upsell offer comes my way.

Paid way too little so while there's a chance the same category I booked will come down to what I paid, I doubt if any better cabins will, but you never know. And I have been checked prices since all final payment was due (seems to all fall within a week between 90 days or less depending on fare booked)

While we book C typically we are on AQ again for upcoming cruise and as stated by posters you have nothing to lose with AQ... Blu - if you don't care for it circulate to MDR and specialty dining, Persian Gardens can't hurt, and nicer cabin shower is OK. On a longer cruise I think Blu is a nice option. We always had good meals just did not care for the close 2 top seating. Hope you get the upgrade you are seeking.

When it comes to seafood, I eat only shrimp... And I eat no fin fish at all...

If you speak with your stateroom attendant, he/she will arrange alternative afternoon snacks--I usually have cheese/crackers or a fruit plate--for you...

When in AQ, we have requested shrimp cocktail as our afternoon "snack" and it was brought to our room daily by our room attendant. You might add that to your list, since you like shrimp.

Well, looks like the sailing in question has a lot of empty cabins as the prices dropped a lot today with ~65 days to go before sailing.

We'll call Inside GTYcabin rate 100%

Assigned Outside is 122% of this. Outside GTY is 82% of this (yes, Outside is cheaper than Inside).

Assigned Veranda is 144% of Inside. Veranda GTY is 98% of this (yes, Veranda is slightly cheaper than Inside).

Assigned Concierge is 174%, Concierge GTY is 120%

Assigned Aqua is 196%, Aqua GTY is 142%

Well, looks like the sailing in question has a lot of empty cabins as the prices dropped a lot today with ~65 days to go before sailing.

We'll call Inside GTYcabin rate 100%

Assigned Outside is 122% of this. Outside GTY is 82% of this (yes, Outside is cheaper than Inside).

Assigned Veranda is 144% of Inside. Veranda GTY is 98% of this (yes, Veranda is slightly cheaper than Inside).

Assigned Concierge is 174%, Concierge GTY is 120%

Assigned Aqua is 196%, Aqua GTY is 142%

Your best bet is to upgrade to Concierge GTY for a 20% increase if you can afford it.

Your best bet is to upgrade to Concierge GTY for a 20% increase if you can afford it.

Can but don't want to for now. Our Inside GTY rate is ~50% of the current Inside GTY so it' by 2.4x more than the rate we've got.. I'll hope we're offered a cheap upsell.

Slightly off-topic, but you CAN make special requests for the snacks. How about asking for a cheese and cracker tray? Fruit?

I have Celiac, so I ask for a cheese plate instead of the Canapes. I like the cheese plate. On our last few cruises, we had fresh fruit every day.

I prefer CC to Aqua. Mostly, because I don't care for the Spa kind of perks, and I don't care for Blu at all. Tables are too close together, and I just don't care for the food.

By the time I pick a veranda cabin in the location on the ship that I want, it is just a few dollars more for the little perks so we usually go with Concierge.