Concierge vs Aqua

Upfront disclosure. Not planning to pay for either unless I am offered a cheap upsell (from n Inside GTY). If that's offered, I like to understand what I get other than a veranda cabin.

So it looks like the difference between the two are that:

Concierge class gets better treatment at check in (priority embarkation), evening hors d'ouevres (not particularly good bordering on pathetic from what I gather here) + more hand holding onboard. The X site doesn't mention embarkation lunch.

Aqua gets free Persian Garden and exclusive Blu access + daily tea?

It appears you are on Millie, so you would have a slightly larger cabin. We were not overwhelmed with Blu, so if we were to be offered an upgrade/upsell I would prefer concierge. A2 cabins are on deck 9, Aq1 are aft on deck 11. A2 cabins can have noise issues from deck 10. EM

IMBO Aqua with Blu is superior to CC where you are still in the MDR, On a M class ship the game changes slightly since CC and AQ cabins are about 20sq ft larger. My preference would be: #1 AQ on Deck 11; #2 a FV, - love having 2 rooms and a huge balcony. #3 a C1.

Aqua gets everything that Concierge class gets plus the things you mentioned.

I love Blu and I love the Deck 11 AQ1 cabins. In my opinion Blu is a major step up from the MDR in every way and I would always pay for the privilege of eating there. I can take or leave the Persian Garden though.

It's worth noting that some of the "perks" in both these class can be erratic. Daily tea, hors d'ouevres etc sometimes often only arrive if you ask for them and depending on the port priority embarkation is often no better than what everyone else gets.

Upfront disclosure. Not planning to pay for either unless I am offered a cheap upsell (from n Inside GTY). If that's offered, I like to understand what I get other than a veranda cabin.

Concierge class gets better treatment at check in (priority embarkation), evening hors d'ouevres (not particularly good bordering on pathetic from what I gather here) + more hand holding onboard. The X site doesn't mention embarkation lunch.

All the things you mentioned are perks of Aqua also except the Concierge luncheon. Priority embarkation is not a big deal since so many get it. (Concierge, Aqua, CC status, Suites) All priority embarkation involves is a separate line in the terminal, often the regular lines are shorter. Big difference between Concierge and Aqua is Blu restaurant which is like eating in a specialty restaurant each night. Finally, Celebrity's wording is very poor on the web site when you mention exclusive Blu access. It goes beyond that, Blu is your assigned restaurant, you do not have a seat assigned for you in the Main Dining Room.

I can't imagine sailing in any cabin but Aqua. We love Blu (eat there every dinner, and some breakfasts. Also use the wonderful Persian Gardens every day. Didn't like the afternoon snacks though. They were always seafood which we don't like at all.

Didn't like the afternoon snacks though. They were always seafood which we don't like at all.

When it comes to seafood, I eat only shrimp... And I eat no fin fish at all...

If you speak with your stateroom attendant, he/she will arrange alternative afternoon snacks--I usually have cheese/crackers or a fruit plate--for you...

I can't imagine sailing in any cabin but Aqua. We love Blu (eat there every dinner, and some breakfasts. Also use the wonderful Persian Gardens every day. Didn't like the afternoon snacks though. They were always seafood which we don't like at all.

Slightly off-topic, but you CAN make special requests for the snacks. How about asking for a cheese and cracker tray? Fruit?

No. Aqua gets everything Concierge gets PLUS the other things mentioned (including a fabulous glass enclosed shower). The ONLY thing concierge gets that aqua doesn't is embarkation lunch in the MDR,

That;s the facts. Whether the charges for upgrading are worth is entirely a personal decision and the boards here are divided on that. We personally will only travel Aqua now.

I agree that Blu isn't great- On M class ships the location of Aqua cabins isn't great either- the size of CC and AQ cabins are the same. Personally, I would go for the cheaper of the two on M class ships- on S class, best to book a balcony and save your money for a dining package and dine in the speciality restaurants as much as possible they are far superior to both blu and the MDR. Especially on the Reflection and Silhouette as you also have the Lawn Grill which is excellent. Luminae is better if you are interested in booking a suite.

The location of the AQ suites isn't great either- under public space including the gym.

OP your question has been well answered. However, there is one more thing....tier points/day

Inside/Ocean View 2

Veranda 3

Concierge Class/AquaClass® 5

Sky Suite 8

Celebrity, Signature or Royal Suite 12 Reflection

Penthouse Suite 18

If you are close to a higher tier, you might want to choose AQ or Concierge to get those few extra points/day.

Inside cabins are much smaller. Imo size matters Also being in a dark cabin wouldn't work for some. I know it does work for very young cruisers or those who want to cruise on a limited budget. Everyone has to do what they can afford

I agree that Blu isn't great- On M class ships the location of Aqua cabins isn't great either- the size of CC and AQ cabins are the same. Personally, I would go for the cheaper of the two on M class ships- on S class, best to book a balcony and save your money for a dining package and dine in the speciality restaurants as much as possible they are far superior to both blu and the MDR. Especially on the Reflection and Silhouette as you also have the Lawn Grill which is excellent. Luminae is better if you are interested in booking a suite.

The location of the AQ suites isn't great either- under public space including the gym.

Not to start an argument but if the OP researches these boards, they will find that those who do not like Blu are in a very small minority.

Thanks all. The answers will help with deciding how much we want to pay if and when the upsell comes.

As stand, my Inside GTY ha turned up to be under the Persian Garden.

Only have preview status for X and I'm not planning on getting status (we'll only get what we're booked for anyway).

Not to start an argument but if the OP researches these boards, they will find that those who do not like Blu are in a very small minority.

True dat!

We totally love Blu and for the few that for some reason don't, there is always the main dinning room as an option so they're covered.

I would have agreed with this statement a few years ago but many cruisers feel the food in Blu has declined.

I would have agreed with this statement a few years ago but many cruisers feel the food in Blu has declined.

The dessert options have declined recently.

On some nights, we head to a specialty restaurant or eat in the buffet due to the menu choices in Blu. We do enjoy the breakfasts every day.

AQ cabins on M class ships are great. We always have a cabin on the 9th deck. The overhang from the 10th deck shields us from the unbearable full sun and heat on warm weather climate itineraries. There is NO noise or disturbance from the deck above. If fact, our next cruise is directly beneath the solarium and there couldn't be a more quiet or convenient spot.

On our last 2 cruises...out of Port Everglades..suites and zenith and AQ and Elite were given a nice upstaura waiting areas for boarding..Suites and Zenith went on first , then AQ and Elite....with those in wheelchairs interspersed in all groups

Concierge was not in that waiting area but it may depend on port facilties and who is organizing things..

We did not enjoy BLU on Infinity on our last cruise but think it was an exception...sticking with AQ next 3 cruises on X

Persian Gardens, BLU, Relaxation Rm and nice shower are all nice amenities...

How common is it to book an inside guarantee and get a chance to upgrade to aqua. Seems like a huge upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wouldn't think it would be very common. Those that booked aqua guarantees would get first "crack", then concierge, then balcony....and so on.

Most guarantees stay within the category booked.....but I have met someone that was upgraded from an inside to a suite (but that was on HAL).

I wouldn't count on a category upgrade.

I wouldn't think it would be very common. Those that booked aqua guarantees would get first "crack", then concierge, then balcony....and so on.

Most guarantees stay within the category booked.....but I have met someone that was upgraded from an inside to a suite (but that was on HAL).

I wouldn't count on a category upgrade.

Agree but be proactive and look for deals. I checked every week one cruise and went from an inside to Aqua for $100 pp, just the right timing. It was not a guarantee.