Questions about infinite balconies

WestLakeGirl

we know that none has been built, although there might be some prototypes out there, but here are some questions that have occurred to us. Perhaps someone who has been on one of the river boats that feature them can weigh in?

1. There seems to be some sort of folding for system between the main part of the stateroom and the balcony part. Will there be any sort of room darkening shades on these doors?

2. If those doors are open, and the infinite balcony is open and a rainstorm suddenly comes up, will it be likely to rain into the stateroom? Could water run onto the stateroom floor or will there be a threshold there?

3. Will there be a way to close the infinite balcony window from the bridge? Suppose someone leaves the stateroom with those windows open and a storm comes up, can the bridge control the windows?

4. This setup will eliminate the option to open up panels between connecting staterooms' balconies , court? (thinking of S class ship dividers that can be opened)

we know that none has been built, although there might be some prototypes out there, but here are some questions that have occurred to us. Perhaps someone who has been on one of the river boats that feature them can weigh in?

1. There seems to be some sort of folding for system between the main part of the stateroom and the balcony part. Will there be any sort of room darkening shades on these doors?

2. If those doors are open, and the infinite balcony is open and a rainstorm suddenly comes up, will it be likely to rain into the stateroom? Could water run onto the stateroom floor or will there be a threshold there?

3. Will there be a way to close the infinite balcony window from the bridge? Suppose someone leaves the stateroom with those windows open and a storm comes up, can the bridge control the windows?

4. This setup will eliminate the option to open up panels between connecting staterooms' balconies , court? (thinking of S class ship dividers that can be opened)

Good questions! Look forward to responses to 1-3. When I asked the question about #4 when we were booking, I was told 'no', you will not be able to open up panels. But since construction is underway, who really knows the answer for certain, until pax take the maiden voyage :D

Good questions! Look forward to responses to 1-3. When I asked the question about #4 when we were booking, I was told 'no', you will not be able to open up panels. But since construction is underway, who really knows the answer for certain, until pax take the maiden voyage :D

We are booked in AQ which only has Infinite balcony staterooms,. We will have our bed by the balcony ( not our preferred layout) ; and wonder how the bi-fold doors will impact the space..not sure if they fold in or out????

I've noticed that there are a few balconies which appear to have the standard setup -- not the infinite window configuration. I wonder why they will have both kinds on this ship?

Balcony suites do not have the infinite balconies. Single cabins also do not have the infinite balcony. Both of those scenarios have been explained. Have you seen other balconies other than those two types, which do not have the infinite balcony?

We are booked in AQ which only has Infinite balcony staterooms,. We will have our bed by the balcony ( not our preferred layout) ; and wonder how the bi-fold doors will impact the space..not sure if they fold in or out????

The renderings and the mobile tour I viewed all clearly showing the doors opening inward.

In this picture the bed is on the bathroom wall. However, in your case I would just imagine that the bed and sofa are swapped, so it looks as though there is sufficient space for the doors to open inward.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/

I would think that it would be a real hazard to have the bridge be able to remotely close all the balcony doors and/or balconies. What if a person were standing in the way or had their arms over the edge of the balcony? Even if it stopped if there were an obstruction, electrical equipment can malfunction.

I would certainly think that there will be no way to "join" balconies.

I would suspect that any rain would drain from the balcony in some way. I also think it would take vertical rain and wind of some force to make it rain into the cabin, even it the balcony and doors are open.

Does anyone recall if you will be able to have the balcony doors open and the balcony window open simultaneously? If not, then would certainly solve some of these issues.

The renderings and the mobile tour I viewed all clearly showing the doors opening inward.

In this picture the bed is on the bathroom wall. However, in your case I would just imagine that the bed and sofa are swapped, so it looks as though there is sufficient space for the doors to open inward.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/

Thanks for the link..as per the image (which I could not copy to this space.) ..they will definitely open inward,,,....kind of crowding the area by the bed but I am sure it'll work out.

The Infinite balc reminds me of a small enclosed Fla lanai with a window... We're hoping to use it as a sitting rm...,,extra space that is more sheltered ..and hopefully cleaner than current balconies.. (we may bring a small btl of window cleaner)

Balcony suites do not have the infinite balconies. Single cabins also do not have the infinite balcony. Both of those scenarios have been explained. Have you seen other balconies other than those two types, which do not have the infinite balcony?

Then why is my single cabin entitled as this: Edge Single Stateroom With Infinite Veranda On Deck Six

That DEFINITELY says infinite Veranda.

"Balcony suites do not have the infinite balconies. Single cabins also do not have the infinite balcony. Both of those scenarios have been explained. Have you seen other balconies other than those two types, which do not have the infinite balcony?"

Yes, category 1A and 1B do not have the infinite balcony. Look at the rooms close to the bow (not the ones overlooking the helipad, but the ones just next to them) on deck 7 and 8 -- there are some there. They are named Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda, as opposed to the ones in categories E1, E2, E3, E4 which are named Edge Stateroom with Infinite Verandah.

And the Single staterooms, as already noted, Category ES, is named Edge Single Stateroom with infinite Verandah.