Little bit steamed...am I overreacting?

Ok, so we are on the Vision right now. This is our first cruise with Royal and we have loved it! From the food, to the service to the ship it has been great! So much so that, even though we have a future cruise credit with Norwegian, we were ready to book another Royal cruise with a non-refundable rate. We bought a daypass to use the internet and spent a few hours finding our next cruise. I signed up for a 2:00 appointment at the NextCruise Desk and we were ready to book. We had lunch at Izumi (great service and great food) but it was really busy and I didn't get to the appointment until 2:05. There were several crew members talking to people but one was sitting at the computer. He tried to ignore me for several minutes and at 2:08 he said "what do you want?" I said that I was the 2:00 appointment and he said "you're 15 minutes late" and turned around and went back to the computer. This was at 2:08. After he tried to ignore me for 3 minutes. So I said, Ok nevemind I won't book a cruise. Now I am steamed up and ready to fire off an e-mail to Miami or at least note him by name on my post-cruise survey.

Am I overreacting? Will anyone care if I do send an email or note it on the survey? This is the only blemish on an otherwise wonderful vacation. We thought we were converts...and probably still will be once I get my knickers untwisted!:mad:

No matter the industry, no customer should get treated this way for a few minutes late. I would try talking to get a hold of the Loyalty Ambassador on board if there is one available. That would be me though.

No matter the industry, no customer should get treated this way for a few minutes late. I would try talking to get a hold of the Loyalty Ambassador on board if there is one available. That would be me though.

Ditto.

... We bought a daypass to use the internet and spent a few hours finding our next cruise. ...

For the benefit of others who may be reading this, you do not have to pay for internet to access the Royal Caribbean website onboard a cruise. That is a "free" site.

For the benefit of others who may be reading this, you do not have to pay for internet to access the Royal Caribbean website onboard a cruise. That is a "free" site.

That is true. They will let you access several Royal Caribbean sites as well as Celebrity. We wanted to compare the Royal cruises to Norwegian just to make sure we were really ready to book. Thanks for the replies, after I have cooled off a little I will look for someone to help me.

I do not believe you are in any measure overreacting, I consider your response quite composed considering the situation, arguably much better than I'd have handled it. Agree with all above, speak to the loyalty ambassador asap they can help or connect you directly with someone who can. Do not let one experience spoil an otherwise awesome experience :-)

BTW, DW and I sail on Vision this coming Sunday so you can pre warn the rude employee they will not be so fortunate if we are treated in such manner.

No matter the industry, no customer should get treated this way... PERIOD!!! ......

for a few minutes late. I would try talking to get a hold of the Loyalty Ambassador on board if there is one available. That would be me though.

I'd would not try to talk to the Loyalty Abassador, I would demand to talk with them, or the person in charge of this cruise member.

I would demand to talk with them

Ugh. This is never the path to take if you want to be seen as a normal human being with an issue.

Being serious and having a serious issue is wholly different than being a jerk about it.

Your reaction was calm compared to how I would've been. Take it to the Hotel Director. That kind of response won't be tolerated by Royal. The person involved will be taken care of one way or another.

Same rudeness extended to us on our independence of the seas cruise in April by the next cruise staff, we had an appointment, showed up, they said the "book" was missing, therefore no appointment, plenty of staff, a few drop in cruisers showed up, and were taken before us. We sat until someone would take us, about 10 minutes, but she was condescending about our inquiries re: missing appointment book, . And said" I wish I could wave a manic wand and make thing alright"

You know customer service is not the way it used to be. So sad anymore. I get people who call me and they are rude. And there are no numbers available to call back.

I would not let it go either. I would have been questioning that person further myself. So sorry you were treated that way.

Ok, so we are on the Vision right now. This is our first cruise with Royal and we have loved it! From the food, to the service to the ship it has been great! So much so that, even though we have a future cruise credit with Norwegian, we were ready to book another Royal cruise with a non-refundable rate. We bought a daypass to use the internet and spent a few hours finding our next cruise. I signed up for a 2:00 appointment at the NextCruise Desk and we were ready to book. We had lunch at Izumi (great service and great food) but it was really busy and I didn't get to the appointment until 2:05. There were several crew members talking to people but one was sitting at the computer. He tried to ignore me for several minutes and at 2:08 he said "what do you want?" I said that I was the 2:00 appointment and he said "you're 15 minutes late" and turned around and went back to the computer. This was at 2:08. After he tried to ignore me for 3 minutes. So I said, Ok nevemind I won't book a cruise. Now I am steamed up and ready to fire off an e-mail to Miami or at least note him by name on my post-cruise survey.

Am I overreacting? Will anyone care if I do send an email or note it on the survey? This is the only blemish on an otherwise wonderful vacation. We thought we were converts...and probably still will be once I get my knickers untwisted!:mad:

Don't book with him. Book with another next cruise agent. And do mention this in the post cruise survey you get via email.

Really said exactly that?

As the others have stated, you are not over-reacting, and you should definitely get their names and bring your complaint to the attention of a superior onboard.

I wanted to add that I hope you'll come back later and let us know how your situation was resolved.

I refuse to do any bookings through the Next Cruise desk after two attempts on two different ships to do business and encountering nothing but rude, smug, uninterested reps. It's the only place on any ship that I've ever encountered less than stellar service.

They must not be held to the same standards as the rest of the staff.

While on Vision over Thanksgiving 2015 a friend and I "sneaked" into Next Cruise without an appointment and were treated very well. I first asked if it was OK since we didn't have an appointment but did know exactly what we wanted (due to the free access to RCI Online). It may also have helped that they sold us 6 cruises and 8 cabins in about 20 minutes.