Little bit steamed...am I overreacting?

I would have said "I apologize for being late, we had a hard time getting out of Izumi, but according to my watch it was only 5 minutes, not 15, and we've been sitting here being ignored for 3 minutes. If there isn't enough time left in our appointment to get the paperwork done I'm happy to reschedule with someone who isn't you," lol.

Or I would just fill out the form and drop it in the box, since you already looked up which cruise you want, and go enjoy the rest of your vacation. It wouldn't hurt to let someone at guest services, or the head of the next cruise desk, or someone on the ship (will get a better response than writing a letter to a corporate office after the trip is over) know how rudely he reacted to you and that he lost a sale by refusing to meet with you. I'm sure his manager would like to know about it. Hopefully he isn't the manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ask to speak with the Hotel Manager. That'll turn some heads.

This would be my course of action. I would go to Guest Services and make an appointment with the HEAD OF GUEST SERVICES. If he/she did not resolve the matter then I would seek out and make an appointment with the Hotel Director.

I know some don't think this is appropriate behavior but trust me it works as I have followed this procedure on more than one cruise both on Celebrity and Royal. I worked hard for my cruise dollars and I have no intention of not getting the service I paid for.

Make certain you have the name/time and other pertinent information when you do meet with the person. Be respectful and just present the facts as they occurred as it will most likely work in your favor. More flies with honey than with vinegar.

Ugh. This is never the path to take if you want to be seen as a normal human being with an issue.

Being serious and having a serious issue is wholly different than being a jerk about it.

Perhaps your defininition of Demand and mine are different. Mine is not yelling and screaming about it, but to simply never to take no for an answer. Teddy Roesevelt's described it best when he said; "Speak softly and carry a big stick - you will go far." :D

I think you are right to be ignored and then treated rudely but let us put this in context. Everyone has a bad day. I would not do anything to cause serious problems for the worker other than just note the problem--a short line in the survey "Was a few minutes late for an appointment to reserve my next cruise and then was ignored so I did not book the cruise." (adding the day and time). If anyone in management cares, they can see who was working that day and time and take corrective action--taking the appropriate action based on whether this is a recurring problem or an aberration. Then put it out of your mind and enjoy the rest of your trip.

We get many complaints here and a large percentage are told they are overreacting. You are not. I would never allow this jerk to get away with this behavior. Take names and take action. Be calm and present facts.

OP, after you talk to the powers that be onboard, may I recommend requesting Tricia in NextCruises on Vision. I booked my first NextCruise with her on May 22. If she's still onboard, she will treat you right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I refuse to do any bookings through the Next Cruise desk after two attempts on two different ships to do business and encountering nothing but rude, smug, uninterested reps. It's the only place on any ship that I've ever encountered less than stellar service.

They must not be held to the same standards as the rest of the staff.

Have had similar experiences - being ignored in order to serve "loud" clients talking about how many cruises they have done. A solo senior women must not be serious about booking seems to be the thinking! Maybe they forget I pay 200%!

Really said exactly that?

That was disgusting and totally disrespectful to you.

He was probably lazy and couldn't be bothered,a situation i have come across with Next Cruise,C&A loyalty managers and excursion staff.

I would get his/her name and when you calm down decide what action you want to take.

That was disgusting and totally disrespectful to you.

He was probably lazy and couldn't be bothered,a situation i have come across with Next Cruise,C&A loyalty managers and excursion staff.

I would get his/her name and when you calm down decide what action you want to take.

what?

You know customer service is not the way it used to be. So sad anymore. I get people who call me and they are rude. And there are no numbers available to call back.

I would not let it go either. I would have been questioning that person further myself. So sorry you were treated that way.

I agree with this.

With that being said, complaining doesn't really help imo. I have had SERIOUS issues come up with another CL. In this situation, at most they talk to the employee and apologize to you. In the end, you just waste your vacation time talking to them by telling them your situation and then receiving an apology. That's at least 20 minutes lost.

While on Vision over Thanksgiving 2015 a friend and I "sneaked" into Next Cruise without an appointment and were treated very well. I first asked if it was OK since we didn't have an appointment but did know exactly what we wanted (due to the free access to RCI Online). It may also have helped that they sold us 6 cruises and 8 cabins in about 20 minutes.

It just shows you never know who you might be ignoring.

I would have said "I apologize for being late, we had a hard time getting out of Izumi, but according to my watch it was only 5 minutes, not 15, and we've been sitting here being ignored for 3 minutes. If there isn't enough time left in our appointment to get the paperwork done I'm happy to reschedule with someone who isn't you," lol.

Or I would just fill out the form and drop it in the box, since you already looked up which cruise you want, and go enjoy the rest of your vacation. It wouldn't hurt to let someone at guest services, or the head of the next cruise desk, or someone on the ship (will get a better response than writing a letter to a corporate office after the trip is over) know how rudely he reacted to you and that he lost a sale by refusing to meet with you. I'm sure his manager would like to know about it. Hopefully he isn't the manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fantastic post.

This would be my course of action. I would go to Guest Services and make an appointment with the HEAD OF GUEST SERVICES. If he/she did not resolve the matter then I would seek out and make an appointment with the Hotel Director.

I know some don't think this is appropriate behavior but trust me it works as I have followed this procedure on more than one cruise both on Celebrity and Royal. I worked hard for my cruise dollars and I have no intention of not getting the service I paid for.

Make certain you have the name/time and other pertinent information when you do meet with the person. Be respectful and just present the facts as they occurred as it will most likely work in your favor. More flies with honey than with vinegar.

Great information and 100% agree.

Perhaps your defininition of Demand and mine are different. Mine is not yelling and screaming about it, but to simply never to take no for an answer. Teddy Roesevelt's described it best when he said; "Speak softly and carry a big stick - you will go far." :D

Spot on being persistent, polite and assertive is always the best way.

I think you are right to be ignored and then treated rudely but let us put this in context. Everyone has a bad day. I would not do anything to cause serious problems for the worker other than just note the problem--a short line in the survey "Was a few minutes late for an appointment to reserve my next cruise and then was ignored so I did not book the cruise." (adding the day and time). If anyone in management cares, they can see who was working that day and time and take corrective action--taking the appropriate action based on whether this is a recurring problem or an aberration. Then put it out of your mind and enjoy the rest of your trip.

I don't agree,i have been in sales for 40 years and always had to put my customers​ first even when i didn't feel 100% myself.

We get many complaints here and a large percentage are told they are overreacting. You are not. I would never allow this jerk to get away with this behavior. Take names and take action. Be calm and present facts.

I agree totally,he is upsetting you and costing his company lost business.

I, personally, never had a problem with next cruise personnel, other than they aren't always correct with their answers, but that has nothing to do with their attitudes.

Same with my TA.

If you do a little preparation it yields positive results.

Mgr. of Guest Services or Hotel Director is the way to go. Loyalty Ambassador has his hands full doing his job taking care of Crown & Anchor members.

My experience with loyalty ambassadors on a few occasions when i have went to their desk is they tell you they can't help and to see your Diamond consierge.

Have had similar experiences - being ignored in order to serve "loud" clients talking about how many cruises they have done. A solo senior women must not be serious about booking seems to be the thinking! Maybe they forget I pay 200%!

Exactly.