Hawaii in February

Les99

Hi

I am a new member and thinking of an Hawaii Cruise from LA at the beginning of February 2018. I believe the weather should be good temps on the islands but what about for the 4 sailing days from LA. - Can anyone help with this please

Hi

I am a new member and thinking of an Hawaii Cruise from LA at the beginning of February 2018. I believe the weather should be good temps on the islands but what about for the 4 sailing days from LA. - Can anyone help with this please

Have done this crossing 4 times in Jan, Feb, Mar and April. The first two to three days to Hawaii are normally cool. It gets tropical once you cross the Tropic of Cancer. I have experienced both rough and not so rough seas.

We did an LA roundtrip Hawaii cruise once in February, and it was great. Weather was fine, and I don't remember much in the way of rough seas. Your experience may certainly vary.

In general the weather is beautiful sunshine for February for Hawaii. On other days the Kona winds arrive; that is rain overnight and overcast skies that clears off in late morning. The wind continues the rest of the day and can be intense making the beaches unusable for sunbathing.

We did the Feb 7th cruise on the Star out of LA this year. We had a little motion, the first sea day, but found it to be pretty relaxing. The weather was cooler but nothing terrible and around day 3, people were on the decks more and in the pools. I've never found the weather in Hawaii to be bad. The rains come and go but we have never experienced extreme weather there. I know you'll enjoy this cruise. It was, hands down, our favorite cruise. With any luck, you'll have Captain Tuvo who can make any cruise fun. :)

The weather in LA in February could range from 50s to the 80s and may be rainy as it's the middle of our rainy season. By the time sailaway happens as it's on the coast, you'll probably have temps in the 50s. The first couple of days will be in the 50s/60s and maybe for the last couple of days as you're approaching Ensenada. As you get closer to the islands you'll notice a rise in temperatures.

Hi

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Others have explained the weather conditions you may expect en route & in Hawaii in February. The temperatures are perfect & there are many snowbird visitors in February.

This website has a lot of useful weather information for Hawaii including average monthly weather conditions for Maui.

http://www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/

February – One of the coolest months, with showery weather episodes…..mixed with warm, and sunny days. Light winds generally, but some of the strongest winds of the year reported in the winter month of February. Medium to large surf on North and West shores. Snow falls on Haleakala some years. Tradewinds blow on the average 55% of the time. Sea water temperature averages about 74 degrees F.

February averages for different locations on Maui Lahaina 80-63 F. (26.7C-17.2C) 2.35" of precipitation Hana 79-64 F. (26.1C-17.8C) 6.83" of precipitation Kahului 80-63 F. (26.7C-17.2C) 2.87" of precipitation

Kahului % of possible daytime sunshine: 73%

If you haven't viewed it, the Hawaii forum has a lot of useful information & is a good place to ask questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62

Edited by Astro Flyer