Beverage Packages

Are they serious with the prices on the beverage packages? I understand the alcohol ones being high, but if you want more than soda for your non-alcoholic drinks, for my family of 3 it's going to be nearly $1000, and only one member of my family drinks soda! Do the prices on these drop as the sail date gets closer, or if they offer some kind of special, even if you've already booked, will they honor it?

You can purchase now and if the price drops, you can cancel and re-purchase at the lower price. You just need to go into your planner as often as you can and check. I was able to purchase the refreshment package for my kids on the last cruise for 18 dollars a day plus grats. I think that's the cheapest you will see that one. Soda wont be any lower then you see today.

And you don't have to have the packages...my kids had the soda package as a free perk and had maybe a soda a day. They told us to not bother...they are fine with the water and fruit drinks that are included. (We always get them some virgin drinks in port so everyone is happy.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are they serious with the prices on the beverage packages? I understand the alcohol ones being high, but if you want more than soda for your non-alcoholic drinks, for my family of 3 it's going to be nearly $1000, and only one member of my family drinks soda! Do the prices on these drop as the sail date gets closer, or if they offer some kind of special, even if you've already booked, will they honor it?

You don't have to get drinks packages for all the family.

Glasses of wine are very expensive and sometimes cost more than the package per drink limit so you pay the difference.

If you can get a decent onboard credit it might cover soda prices but a lot of soft drinks are free anyway.

To summarise unless you are going to drink several drinks everyday bearing in mind you might be off the ship on tours IMO the drinks package is not worth it.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Regular coffee and tea, milk, ice tea and lemonade is free at meals in restaurants and the buffet. Alcoholic cocktails are $12, beer 6-8. Wine 10-15. Soda was $2.5 I think. Plus gratuity.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

Are individual drink prices absurd? Can you get drinks at meals or in the buffet without a package?

A can of soda is now over $4. Tap water,coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, and jucies with breakfast are included with meals.

I don't remember who posted this originally but I found it very useful in trying to find out if the packages were worth it. This is set up for the $13 drinks on the Oasis class ships but it's easy to adjust the prices to reflect the $12 max on other ships. You can also change the price of the packages to reflect any discounts/price changes

Drink_Package_Calculator-2017 (Oasis Class - $13 max) - use this one now.xls

They usually give a cheaper price on RCL and celebrity but I love NCL it's a free perk and u pay tips. Princess is offering free now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums