Jewel balcony question

Sailing March 2018...will be purchasing balcony...aware of cover over lifeboats...which balcony(s) would allow for looking down side of ship to the water? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing March 2018...will be purchasing balcony...aware of cover over lifeboats...which balcony(s) would allow for looking down side of ship to the water? Thanks in advance!

Hump balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Deck 7 forward (forward elevators). 8-10 should all be OK.

Aft balconies on Radiance Class are great as well. They're highly coveted so you need to secure one early.

Perfect as we have booked 2 aft cabins on deck 9 of the radiance [emoji4]

Don't pick 7588 [emoji50]89469403e1d6c4234fe0ec5eb57029c1.jpg

It was worse than I was thought it would be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We switched to a B2B last winter and ended up in a cabin like that the second week. It bugged us for a couple hours and was OK after that. We were still cruising for another week:p

• 3 months later...
Lol....Thanks Bob....what I was asking is my cabin balcony going to be obstructed or will it have a nice view down to the water?

You may not have a view straight down to the water if you lean way out over the edge of the balcony and try to see the water hitting the hull of the ship.

What is that you like about a hump cabin? Also is there any way to tell which side of the ship will generally pull into port on?

The side of the ship that faces the "best" view is unpredictable.

The lifeboats are below ALL of the side balcony cabins...doesn't matter which deck, you will see them. The "Hump" cabins jut out a bit so they are less in evidence...but they are visible.

The "extended" balconies on deck 7 lack privacy...the balcony divider doesn't go all the way to the outside railing. You will have about 2 ft. of just railing separating you from your neighbor.

The lifeboats do NOT "obstruct" your outward view at all. You simply won't be able to count the barnacles on the hull of the ship.

The lifeboats are below ALL of the side balcony cabins...doesn't matter which deck, you will see them. The "Hump" cabins jut out a bit so they are less in evidence...but they are visible.

The "extended" balconies on deck 7 lack privacy...the balcony divider doesn't go all the way to the outside railing. You will have about 2 ft. of just railing separating you from your neighbor.

The lifeboats do NOT "obstruct" your outward view at all. You simply won't be able to count the barnacles on the hull of the ship.

I switch my answer then. I usually love a hump, but I love my privacy more:-)

• 1 month later...