Short cruise booked - question about carry ons

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is ok :) DD and I are booked on Sensation for a 5 day cruise and I am hoping to use just carry on luggage. But then I thought about the liquids like shampoo, conditioner and sunscreens. Does the ship provide basic toiletries in the bathroom? I'm sure the gift shop sells sunscreen, but how expensive is it? If I wanted to bring my own, does anyone have any tips on packing in smaller containers? Thanks for your patience. First time cruiser and we don't fly much either !

You will have shampoo and body wash provided. My opinion, they aren't the best. If you are worried about flying with the liquids, and have enough time after your flight, go to a local Walmart etc and get what you need before boarding. It will be WAY cheaper than buying things you need on the ship.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I hope this is ok :) DD and I are booked on Sensation for a 5 day cruise and I am hoping to use just carry on luggage. But then I thought about the liquids like shampoo, conditioner and sunscreens. Does the ship provide basic toiletries in the bathroom? I'm sure the gift shop sells sunscreen, but how expensive is it? If I wanted to bring my own, does anyone have any tips on packing in smaller containers? Thanks for your patience. First time cruiser and we don't fly much either !

As for toiletries, I reuse the travel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash I purchased from the drugstore a few cruises ago. I bought a tiny travel blow dryer, but I am not happy with it, so I still bring my big boy I use every day. The blow dryer on the ship is never concentrated enough to help my hair.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Shampoo is horrible. Either buy travel sizes or decant into smaller bottles. Buy sunscreen after your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure the gift shop sells sunscreen, but how expensive is it?

Very Expensive, as well as very expensive in any quick stop places in Florida. You can get travel size bottle of most anything you need at your department stores. Most have a small section of just travel size bottles. Each of you pack your quart size liquid bag for the flight and you should be able to bring everything you need. You shouldn't need much for 5 days.

Like has been said a Shampoo / Conditioner combination is provided and Body wash. Nothing else.

It is not clear if you are flying in for this cruise??

IF you are driving to the port then there is no problem with taking and packing whatever size liquids you wish . Cruise ships do not have the same security/liquid requirements as planes!!

IF you are flying in they you are correct that you need small sizes of things.

We only do carryon and have flown to several cruises without a problem.

I don't bring shampoo or conditioner as I have no trouble using the products supplied in our cabins. There are small size sun lotion and there are also stick roll on lotion like deodorant that you can bring and pack normally since it is not a liquid.

Also, if you decide to use the shampoo and conditioner and soap, provided by Carnival in your bathroom, you can ask your cabin steward for more if you run out. You don't have to have special soap and shampoos... it's a cruise... relax... the soaps and shampoos will get you clean...have a great time!:cool:

On a stop at Nassau on our last cruise we walked around the shops by the port....a tube of sunscreen was $28....I couldn't believe it, actually picked up the tube behind it on the shelf, thinking it was a misprint....it wasn't

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't buy anything on the ship. Prices are ridiculous. The shampoo and body soap are fine. The bar soap, if you can get it out of the wrapper, is ok. If you have short hair ship hair dryers are ok. If long hair take your own dryer. Only need flip flops and shoes for MDR.

Have a great time!

The bathrooms do have the basics,soap,shampoo,conditioner.But thats it.You could buy some travel size sunscreen and then buy something larger when you get to a port.

Bathrooms do NOT have conditioner. You need to bring your own.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For sunscreen, try a stick! Neutrogena makes a great stick sunscreen that we love. It won't count against your liquids when flying. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info everyone: ) We are flying in, and we both have thick curly hair and need our own conditioner so I will pack a few small bottles in each carryon. I like the idea of the stick sunscreen too. We will just use the shampoo and soap provided. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for the info everyone: ) We are flying in, and we both have thick curly hair and need our own conditioner so I will pack a few small bottles in each carryon. I like the idea of the stick sunscreen too. We will just use the shampoo and soap provided. Thanks again for the help!

Remember the 3-1-1 rule when flying. 3 ounces of liquid per container in a 1 quart zip top bag per 1 person.

You can stuff the zip top bag with as many 3 oz. or less bottles, as long at the bag zips. Remember no aerosols larger than 3 ounces go in the bag too.

Regarding soap, we always had a round solid soap as well as liquid soap in the shower. (I prefer the solid soap.)

My daughter and I have difficult hair as well and she sunburns easily. When we fly, we both have several of the little travel bottles filled with shampoo, conditioner, and sunscreen. The ones we use are from Target and are usually located right by the pharmacy. You can hold a lot of them in your 1 qt bag. We pack them in there pretty tightly.