How long does dinner last in the main Dining room?

We usually have early seating and there have been times we are done by 7:15 and other times we finish after 7:45. Some things are out of your control but there a few things that can help. Arrive to the dining room on time, be prepared to order quickly, and you can always skip dessert if your in a hurry to see a show.

We always do YTD and get to the MDR when it opens. We don't like sitting with other people so it's only us at our table/booth. We're almost always out in under an hour. There's no reason a meal should take us longer than an hour to eat.

Too long. I despise going for that reason.......:')

you despise the MDR, seriously? So you eat at the buffet the entire week. we go to be served and the MDR is far superior to the buffet.

This is the reason DW and I choose YTD, it gives us the flexibility we want and can adjust it to match scheduled events. Just remember that even if the waiter gets you out in time for the show, there will likely be a line, and the best seats may be taken already.

Dinner would be a lot more tolerable if Carnival did away with the silly singing and dancing by the waitstaff.

Since so many seem to enjoy it I doubt that is going to happen any time soon. Hour to an hour and a half have been typical and we've always been able to catch the show.

Most shows are later than 7:30 except the Welcome Aboard the first night. We've seen that vary too.

Here's what works; preview the menu during the afternoon and walk in, tell them you'd like to make the show and order everything right then.

We've been done in 45 min that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We see dinner in the MDR as a part of our evening activities - not as something to endure. We find dinner there to normally not be over 1.5 hours unless our table is having a great time chatting and laughing.

One way to speed things up if you have something special you want to do after dinner is to ask for the desert menu at the same time as your entree menu. Order desert when you order your entree and you will avoid wait time normally necessary after you finish your entree to order desert and have it fetched and delivered to the table.:)

Most shows are later than 7:30 except the Welcome Aboard the first night. We've seen that vary too.

Here's what works; preview the menu during the afternoon and walk in, tell them you'd like to make the show and order everything right then.

We've been done in 45 min that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup, we've found that if we already know what we want to order, dinner takes much less time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If there is a show on a certain night you want to see and it may conflict with your MDR seating time, just go to the buffet that night

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Again, as I have said, you can just tell your waiter that you have a show to make. They can usually get things out faster for you. A small tip on the spot wouldn't hurt too. While not necessary, I personally like to tip to show my grattitude.

Also, you can just get up and leave by 1925 and tell your waiter that you have to go. They will not get offended as they are there to serve you. Then you can finish with dinner in the buffet after the show if you really are hungry.