10:30 AM Flight Out Of Ft. Lauderdale?

neptune18

How easy is it to get a taxi. We have a 3:00pm flight soon rush. Is the rate fixed. What is the expected total fare for two

with 15%tip.

Very easy to get a taxi at the port or the airport. Taxi fare is not fixed, but usually around $20.

How easy is it to get a taxi. We have a 3:00pm flight soon rush. Is the rate fixed. What is the expected total fare for two

with 15%tip.

from PE to FLL it is about 15 mins

last time we did it was $15 + tip

If you are going to MIA from PE then plan on 1 hr & maybe look at a shuttle usually $15 pp

With a 3:00 PM flight you can sleep in, enjoy breakfast in the MDR, and then stroll off the ship among the last guests and still have time to kill at FLL.

You might look at storing your bags at FLL (if the airline will not check them in early) and then heading out somewhere fun for lunch - be aback at FLL about 1:00 :cool:

Self carry people are lined up early. Real early.

Port Everglades is a 15 min. ride to FLL. You want to be at the airport two hours early. If you are headed to your bags at 8:00 you will be fine. Of course if you WANT to self carry, thaf's fine too. No need to be worried.

Hi! here is my ? and dilemma....Flight leaves FLL @ 11:25 on Southwest we are planning on carrying our luggage off Harmony of the seas. Last year we were on Allure and did the Express Departure- Self Assist because our flight left at 9:30. We didn't have any problems. The time for that Express Departure was 6:30-8. I am not clear on this: if we take our bags with us can we get off any time we want or only between 6:30 and 8? If you all say anytime (I hope!) when do you suggest we get in line for customs? Thanks!

For an 11:25 flight you need to be at FLL NLT 10 - and 9:30 would be better. With the quick cab ride from PE to FLL I would not bother to carry my bags off - as long as you get a reasonably low departure number you should have no problems getting off the ship, collecting your bags, and clearing customs/immigration in time to grab a taxi.

For an 11:25 flight you need to be at FLL NLT 10 - and 9:30 would be better. With the quick cab ride from PE to FLL I would not bother to carry my bags off - as long as you get a reasonably low departure number you should have no problems getting off the ship, collecting your bags, and clearing customs/immigration in time to grab a taxi.

Sooooo if we have to be in a cab at 9:15 what time should we go to customs- assuming we have our luggage with us? I would like to get coffee and breakfast first :)

Sooooo if we have to be in a cab at 9:15 what time should we go to customs- assuming we have our luggage with us? I would like to get coffee and breakfast first :)

To be safe I would depart the ship about 8:15-8:30 -- it will sort of depend upon what number you are and when they call that for departure, but you should have plenty of time for breakfast.

• 4 months later...

I would recommend carrying your bags off and downloading the passport app to speed through customs. This way, you have some extra time built in for the possibility of a delay. We’ve done this several times on Oasis class ships out of FLL. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would recommend carrying your bags off and downloading the passport app to speed through customs. This way, you have some extra time built in for the possibility of a delay. We’ve done this several times on Oasis class ships out of FLL. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is the passport app? How does it get you through customs faster? I don’t know about this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the passport app? How does it get you through customs faster? I don’t know about this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't need the passport app, don't concern yourself with it. They just glance at Passports for cruise passengers, it's not like when you get off a plane from overseas. If you are doing self carry, there is nobody in line really, you'll breeze right through and the app will make no difference at all. Just walk up, show your passport, and you'll have your passport handed back to you and waived through faster than you can pick your bag up again off the floor in front of you.