Freedom of the Seas-Hump Balcony

Hi everyone!

It's been a long, long time since I have posted or even lurked on the site! We took a hiatus from RCCL and have been cruising on NCL the past few years. We have a ton of credit card points to cash in and picked Freedom of the Seas next year! We are pretty excited to be back on Royal!

My question...unbeknownst to my husband I booked us a hump balcony cabin (E2) on deck 7 (It will be a MIRACLE if I can keep it a secret, but I'm going to try!). We have never had a balcony in 8 cruises (always a interior and once an oceanview) so I'm pretty excited about it. What can we expect? I notice that the hump sticks out...can people see our balcony? Are they any bigger than a regular balcony? Does anyone have any pictures that they would be willing to share? :D

We always try to book hump balconies and stayed in 7638 on Freedom of the Seas. It is a regular size balcony and people can not look down from cabins above you and see you on your balcony. We find deck 7 hump balconies to be in a convenient location near the elevators. It's also only a few decks down to the Royal Promenade and a few decks up to the pool and Windjammer. Enjoy!

Your walk to the elevators will be shorter. That can be a big plus. The balcony is no larger than any other balcony. In June we had 8640 on Liberty (Freedom's sister) and enjoyed the location.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On this class ship, the "hump" cabins are no different than any other side cabin....it's just that it's so convenient to the stair/elevator foyer! You will love the location! Standard cabin tho...nothing different.....just the great location!

No more than other side-facing non-hump balconies.

I don't know that I totally agree with that statement. People in front of or back of the ship can see a little deeper into your balcony if you are on one of the side of the hump balconies. But its barely perceptible. We have twice enjoyed 9342 center of the hump.

Our first hump balcony was 6644 on fos we discovered we loved the location and now try to book as close to elevators as possible,. Have a great cruise. :)

We do too...however, we snagged an aft balcony for an October cruise. We're gonna try that, and back to a hump balcony in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hump cabins are larger and the balconies are also bigger. The view is awesome. We love it. close to the elevators and easy acess to everything. Do it !!!

The cabin will be the exact same size as other cabins in that category and whether or not the balcony is bigger will depend on the ship.