Ruby Princess after Sept 2018

girlguide

Did anyone else notice the October 2018 - May 2019 itineraries for Ruby Princess are no longer showing in the cruise planning menu?

I have a one nighter (Vancouver - Seattle) booked for May 10th, 2019 - it shows in my booked cruise list, but in my saved cruises list it has the "sailed or cancelled" message.

It was there last night when I was checking prices & now it's gone :(

Just received a call from Princess that our Feb 2019 Baja Peninsula/Sea of Cortez cruise on the Star Princess is now on the Ruby instead. Not sure what's happening with the Star Princess but this provides some info on the Ruby Princess.

Oh no ... we just booked the 6 night coastal on Ruby for Oct 2018 a couple weeks ago. I was so happy about the Sip & Sail and Canada 150 OBC!

It's still showing in my Princess account, but not listed for sale on the website.

Guess I will look out for an email - thanks for the heads up Girlguide.

Jenn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just went in to check my booking for Dec 2018 on Ruby to Hawaii....it's not showing either but no notification from Princess about it.

My understanding is the Emerald will take her place. Which sailing are you on? We are 12/4/2018

Well, my Star Princess Nov 2018 cruise is no longer showing available to book and Princess representatives don't know what's going on. I really like my booked cabin. I would be really upset if ships/cabins got rearranged. :(

Thankfully the changes to the Star's schedule only affected my saved January 2019 cruise to Mexico. Obviously there are adjustments being made & hopefully all of the missing gaps in schedules will soon be restored.

More importantly that those booked on affected cruises are only switching between the identical Ruby & Emerald. But there's nothing currently scheduled for the Star after October 2018. :confused:

Edited by Astro Flyer

From Princess today - Our 33-night B2B Emerald Princess South America February 2019 is cancelled. Star Princess will be doing some Sth America runs, with the new itineraries not yet finalised. They have promised to work with us to help find a suitable alternative once this happens.

Got the call this AM. Ruby is taking Star Mexico cruises. Golden is taking Ruby HI cruises, and Star is doing the "Andes"

We had a Star b2b to Mexico

Was totally PO'ed since we had finally managed to book a Grand Suite for a reasonable price with Sip-N-Sail

Oh no ... we just booked the 6 night coastal on Ruby for Oct 2018 a couple weeks ago. I was so happy about the Sip & Sail and Canada 150 OBC!

It's still showing in my Princess account, but not listed for sale on the website.

Interesting. I also booked this cruise and while it still shows in my Princess account, I received a "voyage goodwill" OBC on another cruise today and had no idea why.

Now I have an idea why....

Well - I got my official email overnight cancelling our trip. Boo Princess![emoji22] (Though I've also had it happen before on Carnival).

They offered $15pp OBC to transfer to a similar or any other itinerary.

Question: In past, have they ever also protected a rate to a similar sailing? We had an aft premium balcony for the 6 night on Ruby - but of course the other itins cost more since they're all 7 nights.

They suggested an Island Princess sailing, but she doesn't even have aft balconies! I'm *hoping* that if asked they would protect our rate for the same cabin category on a similar 7 night cruise.

Otherwise - I will probably either transfer the booking to a regular balcony and continue to shop around for a better cruise on HAL or Celebrity to see if I find something I like better.

Have to admit, I'm quite bummed about this! I was really excited about our cabin and this itin. [emoji22]. Advice?

Jenn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just received a call from Princess that our Feb 2019 Baja Peninsula/Sea of Cortez cruise on the Star Princess is now on the Ruby instead. Not sure what's happening with the Star Princess but this provides some info on the Ruby Princess.

Me too and it's great news:cool:

Got an email last night informing me that my booked cruise for Dec 19th to Hawaii will now be on Emerald rather than Ruby. Email says rate and offers will be protected and cabin will be in similar area of ship - though doesn't specify same cabin. Also says that a new booking confirmation with cabin number, etc will be sent soon.

Got an email last night informing me that my booked cruise for Dec 19th to Hawaii will now be on Emerald rather than Ruby. Email says rate and offers will be protected and cabin will be in similar area of ship - though doesn't specify same cabin. Also says that a new booking confirmation with cabin number, etc will be sent soon.

A quick look at the deck plans for both ships appear to be the same cabin configuration - seems it would be simply a matter of assigning the same cabins - but wait - this makes too much sense. I will be REALLY p*ssed if I lose the cabin we have marked do not upgrade!

No news (calls or emails) yet on our Ruby one nighter. It's still in my upcoming cruise list & not locked if I wanted to change anything for dining, bed configuration etc..

I did see they have a 7 night coastal on the Royal ending in Vancouver on May 11th, 2019. If Royal is going to do the 2019 Alaska season out of Seattle we might end up with our one nighter a day later on Royal. That would work for us!:D

For anyone being switched to Star for South America - we did 21 nights Valparaiso to Vancouver in 2016 on the Star & really enjoyed it. Nice size ship & it has the covered pool area!