Taking 750 ML Bottles of Beer On Board

UserNameRejected

Has anyone here taken 750 ML bottles of beer and just paid the corkage fee? I realize that this is not a smart move since the Beer costs less than the corkage fee but since I am willing to pay the price I'm at a loss to see why Princess would care.

I don't like wine, champagne and will drink cocktails if pushed. The Beer selection on board sucks to put it mildly. I can't think of anything I would rather drink that a nice Belgian Tripel while lounging on the balcony.

Any thoughts since it looks like a champagne bottle I wonder if they would even know it's beer.

Thanks

Has anyone here taken 750 ML bottles of beer and just paid the corkage fee? I realize that this is not a smart move since the Beer costs less than the corkage fee but since I am willing to pay the price I'm at a loss to see why Princess would care.

I don't like wine, champagne and will drink cocktails if pushed. The Beer selection on board sucks to put it mildly. I can't think of anything I would rather drink that a nice Belgian Tripel while lounging on the balcony.

Any thoughts since it looks like a champagne bottle I wonder if they would even know it's beer.

Thanks

Does champagne come in a brown bottle? That might be a giveaway. Also, doubt that beer would say "champagne" on it. As far as I know, they do look at your bottles. They need to determine how many you have, in order to charge corkage.

No beer or alcohol allowed regardless. :rolleyes:

I miss the days of it being a 6 pack of beer or a bottle of wine. The last time in Alaska I brought the most awesome mix and match box of Alaska Brewery Beer back on board in Skagway..... Ahhht the good old days!

I miss the days of it being a 6 pack of beer or a bottle of wine. The last time in Alaska I brought the most awesome mix and match box of Alaska Brewery Beer back on board in Skagway..... Ahhht the good old days!

I do wish they would get some variety onboard.

This past May on the Grand Princess, we stopped at a liquor store in Ketchikan and bought two large beers. Security let us bring them on the ship. They let my stepmom bring one on too. I also had a bottle of wine. The worst thing they will do is ask you to check it with security and give it back to you on the last day. We wanted to bring them home with us anyway.

DH always buys the drink package. IMHO, I believe that Princess figures that is one less beer of theirs that he will drink. He's saving them money, lol.

Just don't bring beer on at embarkation. Security might throw it out. Wait until you get to a port and just bring on a couple, not a twelve-pack.

official answer is no, but like others have said, if it looks like wine or champagne, it might get past.

i've brought beer onboard at ports as well and it wasn't ever a problem. i had bought it to bring home, so i didn't care if it was taken, but they didn't ever take it. i did get asked "where's the party?" a few times by security though. ;)

Does champagne come in a brown bottle? That might be a giveaway. Also, doubt that beer would say "champagne" on it. As far as I know, they do look at your bottles. They need to determine how many you have, in order to charge corkage.

The Beers I'm talking about come in different color(none brown) bottles and they are corked and caged. Only, If they read the labels closely will they realize it's beer. It's just sad that each bottles have two servings of the beer (much less than wine) and I'm will to the pay the corkage fee so in no way am I trying to take advantage of the line.

Might get away with one that has a metal cage over the top, thinking of a Chimay Ale. They'll think it's champagne

Yes the beers I want to bring aboard are Belgian Tripels and Belgian Quads. They are corked and caged look like champagne bottles.....until you read the label. Chimay, Tripel Karmeliet, Delerium Tremens, Duvel, Piraat etc.

I wish they served any one of them on board would be happy to buy them from the ship instead their selection is very limited.

Thanks

honestly, no need to pay a corkage fee. you're allowed two bottles per stateroom. corkage fee only applies for drinking it in the dining room. cabin consumption has no fee.

Yes you do get to take two bottles per stateroom BUT they must be wine of champagne. Beer is not allowed, when will this wanton discrimination against beer stop. The humanity!

I'm quite sure you don't want to drink "The Champagne of Beers". ;p

Hah! I just had one, Also had the Drakes Hopocalypse Double IPA but I love all beers just enjoy the Belgian Trips the best. I see no reason why they cannot adjust their policy just hoping I can get them to do so somewhere down the line. If they end up confiscating my bottles I will not complain as the policy was clearly set forth. I just don't see the logic behind it as the bottles I bring on are no different than the wine and champagne they do allow.

Thanks for binging up the "Champagne of Beers" as that is the reason I had one tonight been thinking about this issue.

Hah! I just had one, Also had the Drakes Hopocalypse Double IPA but I love all beers just enjoy the Belgian Trips the best. I see no reason why they cannot adjust their policy just hoping I can get them to do so somewhere down the line. If they end up confiscating my bottles I will not complain as the policy was clearly set forth. I just don't see the logic behind it as the bottles I bring on are no different than the wine and champagne they do allow.

Thanks for binging up the "Champagne of Beers" as that is the reason I had one tonight been thinking about this issue.

Actually, I don't see the logic of it as the bottles you want to bring on are completely different than the wine and beer that they sell on board. If they won't sell it, why should they forbid you from enjoying it?