Star Alaska leaves Juneau at 4pm...what time do I need to get back on board??

buzymom3

We are trying to maximize our time in Juneau and have never cruised Princess before. I am one of those who believes that you need to be on board at least ONE HOUR before the stated departure time from a port.

Hubby thinks that if we get on board by 3:45pm we are fine. We will be walking so not real worried about being late, but unsure about how close we should cut it.

And what happens if something delays you 15 minutes? You will be the star of the next youtube pier runner video for sure. And everyone on the ship will know your name as it is announced every 10 minutes or so. Follow the ships advice before leaving and add 10-15 minutes to what they post.

And what happens if something delays you 15 minutes? You will be the star of the next youtube pier runner video for sure. And everyone on the ship will know your name as it is announced every 10 minutes or so. Follow the ships advice before leaving and add 10-15 minutes to what they post.

My favorite was on RCI when a dude was in the hot tub with me and my travel comp and he had his name called at least 4 times and then finally the ship pulled out from Juneau.... then they called him again and he was OMG that's me and I was like ummmm they've called you so many times.... for him worked out... but they will leave with out you lol ;p

All aboard 3:30 if sailing time is 4:00. Last time we were there, we decided to get back to the ship approximately 1.5 hours before sailing, and the lines were huge, and for kicks we decided to see what the lines looked like about 45 mins before (peering over the balcony) and the lines were REALLY bad by then and everyone was getting rained on with sleet. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thoughts....

• 30 minutes on my trip.
  • pay attention to which dock..... the AJ dock is mile away and you may need to wait for transportation.
  • the tram and the crab shack are popular last minute choices as it's closest to the dock.

We are trying to maximize our time in Juneau and have never cruised Princess before. I am one of those who believes that you need to be on board at least ONE HOUR before the stated departure time from a port.

Hubby thinks that if we get on board by 3:45pm we are fine. We will be walking so not real worried about being late, but unsure about how close we should cut it.

I suggest you and the kids be back on board by 3:30 at the latest and let your husband be right with the 3:45. You will look back on this story forever and laugh. Well, at least one of you will :)

It's usually 30 minutes prior to the scheduled sail time, sometimes 1 hour. As soon as they untie those ropes and start pushing away, they will not tie the ship back up for a delayed passenger. Also, check your itinerary to see if you dock or have to tender in Juneau. The last tender back to the ship is usually about 45 minutes prior to sail time.

To clarify.... cruise ships that use the AJ dock is 1 MILE from where the tram and other docks are located. You need to plan for a long walk on the highway or some transportation means.

https://s30.postimg.org/ogr0prp6p/juneau-cruisepiers.jpg

Doing some digging.... the Star Princess uses the Franklin Dock. So there is no AJ delay concern.