ChoiceAir Issues

thephillykid

I am booked on a Celebrity cruise Oct 31 on Connie and booked through a large TA. A few weeks after I booked the cruise, I signed up for choiceair from Newark to Athens going and the Rome to Philadelphia on the return. I paid in full on my credit card for the flights and never received any confirmation via email.

We all know how celebrity's web site is the best and every time I would go into the reservation to view the flights the page would come up blank, just showing me the money that I paid on the top corner of the screen. I decided to call choice air last weekend and they tole me that once the reservation is maid, you can not view the flights on their site, but rather directly on the airlines site. I told them that I never got a confirmation email, and I was told that the TA got the confirmation. They sent me the confirmation email as a courtesy, but told me that the TA should handle it. I didn't want to make any changes or cancel the flights, just wanted to be sure that they were booked and that they were right.

There needs to be something on choiceair's site telling you to go directly to the airlines site after you make a reservation instead of screwing around with the celebrity site.

Anyone else have similar issues???

Thanks,

Howard

I am booked on a Celebrity cruise Oct 31 on Connie and booked through a large TA. A few weeks after I booked the cruise, I signed up for choiceair from Newark to Athens going and the Rome to Philadelphia on the return. I paid in full on my credit card for the flights and never received any confirmation via email.

We all know how celebrity's web site is the best and every time I would go into the reservation to view the flights the page would come up blank, just showing me the money that I paid on the top corner of the screen. I decided to call choice air last weekend and they tole me that once the reservation is maid, you can not view the flights on their site, but rather directly on the airlines site. I told them that I never got a confirmation email, and I was told that the TA got the confirmation. They sent me the confirmation email as a courtesy, but told me that the TA should handle it. I didn't want to make any changes or cancel the flights, just wanted to be sure that they were booked and that they were right.

There needs to be something on choiceair's site telling you to go directly to the airlines site after you make a reservation instead of screwing around with the celebrity site.

Thanks,

Howard

It is only that way if you use a TA. If you book directly with X, you can work directly with Choice Air. It is the situation if you want to change anything about your reservation, such as cabin location, your TA has to contact X.

I did receive our flight info with record locator both from our TA and X. It sounds like your TA messed up.

Thanks,

Howard

Whenever we booked our flights through Choice Air we received a confirmation email that contained the record locator. We then went to the airline website to check that everything was correct and to select seats. Before flying, we also went to the airline website to check in and to print our boarding passes. The only time our TA ever got involved was when we called them to make sure that our travel insurance would be sufficient to also cover our air and to increase the insurance if necessary. All of the times we used Choice Air were before the rollout of the new site, so despite the many problems on the new site, it's not a new website problem. We were never able to find the record locator online on either the Celebrity or the Choice Air Website prior to receiving our E-docs. The record locator and the air flight times and flight numbers were always visible on our E-docs once we received them.

We have used Choice Air a number of times and book Our cruise with a TA. We don't book on-line but call Choice Air they do the booking & give us a airline booking # at which point we go to the airlines site and select our seats.

If there is a cancellation or change to our flight Choice Air notifies the TA but the airline notifies us.

I'm probably old fashioned but I do my research on-line but when it comes time to book (cruise, air) I prefer to talk to a person who can answer my questions.

It is only that way if you use a TA. If you book directly with X, you can work directly with Choice Air. It is the situation if you want to change anything about your reservation, such as cabin location, your TA has to contact X.

I did receive our flight info with record locator both from our TA and X. It sounds like your TA messed up.

We always book our cruises with a TA, but when we use Choice Air, we call them directly and book our flights without the TA needing to be involved. We give them our reservation number, ship and sail date and book the flights/airlines we want.

We always book our cruises with a TA, but when we use Choice Air, we call them directly and book our flights without the TA needing to be involved. We give them our reservation number, ship and sail date and book the flights/airlines we want.

That is good news. The one time I used Choice Air, they wouldn't let me. I will be needing to use them soon and will see if I can do it. I will know which flights I want, so it should be easy for them.

I also call directly. Most times they've found me something better than what was shown on the website. My best was from a very nice lady at Choiceair who said "let me see what else I can find for you" and then proceeded to book me first/business to Rome on United for under $975. Didn't show up on the website because the layover at Dulles was 3 hrs. They always provide the record locator and send me a confirmation email, even though I use a TA.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

.. They always provide the record locator and send me a confirmation email, even though I use a TA ...

Same here. In fact, they provide both the airline record locator and the Amadeus record locator.

I just booked ChoiceAir last Saturday for a cruise that was booked through a TA, and got no email, and saw nothing on the Celebrity site related to it. When I went onto ChoiceAir, it showed what I paid, but did not list the flights. So I just called. The agent quickly confirmed that I had valid reservations, gave me the confirmation number, and sent me the info via email as well. I was able to log onto Delta and find and verify my flights. He said they were having some system glitches. I'd suggest just calling and verifying. Took less than 5 minutes.

I just booked ChoiceAir last Saturday for a cruise that was booked through a TA, and got no email, and saw nothing on the Celebrity site related to it. When I went onto ChoiceAir, it showed what I paid, but did not list the flights. So I just called. The agent quickly confirmed that I had valid reservations, gave me the confirmation number, and sent me the info via email as well. I was able to log onto Delta and find and verify my flights. He said they were having some system glitches. I'd suggest just calling and verifying. Took less than 5 minutes.

Exactly what I experienced.

Thanks for all the answers.

I began using my TA for a Choice Air flight on my Aug 1 cruise but I didn't like the flights/fare they found so I went to CA myself and booked online. That reservation went directly to my TA and my TA sent me an updated cruise invoice showing my booked flights. I always go to the airline's website immediately to select the seats. Even my E-doc has the Choice Air flights listed.

It sounds to me like your TA dropped the ball.

ChoiceAir has always been the lowest prices for our one way intl. flights. Only beef I have is that they do not assist in choosing seats. Must call Airline online or direct. They have been helpful in the past with issues like cancelled flights etc. Just re-booked yesterday to Rome after cancel by British Air. ChoiceAir was able to set up reservation and apply the refund fees to new booking. Most of their agents are quite competent.

I always book with Choice Air on line. When you do that you give your cruise reservation number and the air portion is attached to your reservation. When doing a B2B I check to see if two one way flights are less than the round trip and there is usually quite a difference! Never had a problem getting seats with major US Airlines, but have experienced some difficulty with smaller lines, especially budget lines. A friendly call directly to the airlines usually resolves any problems. Often the booking code is different from the one you receive from Choice Air. Recently experienced this with a flight on West Jet. A call to West Jet resolved this and I was able to book seats.

• 2 weeks later...

Very recently I booked a one way flight with Choice Air just a few days after the flights became available (for May, 2018). The online price (Delta) for first class was about $3500. The price with Choice Air was $898!! I was quite skeptical, but sure enough when I went online to select seats I had a first class ticket. I'm a very happy camper.

Thanks,

Howard

You need to get the airline booking number which you can do by calling the choice Air department. Then you can confirm with the airline.

If it was some special highly discounted ticket through Celebrity there is a chance this has not been ticketed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Choice Air does not seem to allow bookings when the flights just open for booking thus you pay way more than an early booking. I usually book my flights as soon as available on the air lines site, usually Delta.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I booked a flight from Dallas to Dublin through Choice Air within a week of flights opening to book and got a great price on 1st/Business Class. They gave me the record locator # and I selected my seats - had choice of any seat.

Very recently I booked a one way flight with Choice Air just a few days after the flights became available (for May, 2018). The online price (Delta) for first class was about $3500. The price with Choice Air was $898!! I was quite skeptical, but sure enough when I went online to select seats I had a first class ticket. I'm a very happy camper.

Where are you flying from and to? Must be outside the US for flights that costly. I will keep an eye on Choice Air for my September Explorer cruise Minneapolis to Seattle.

Where are you flying from and to? Must be outside the US for flights that costly. I will keep an eye on Choice Air for my September Explorer cruise Minneapolis to Seattle.

The best bargains for Choice Air are one way international flights.

The best bargains for Choice Air are one way international flights.

Agree just booked a JFK--->FCO (Rome) for $1100, Delta wanted $4K

They are good too with Refundable International Round Trip First /Business

We have one for February 2018 JFK--->EZE (Buenes Aires) in First for $3200 and it was refundable, American wanted $7200 for same flights

The flight is from Venice to Dallas/Fort Worth. And, the tickets are fully refundable with a $150 fee from Choice Air. I booked by calling Choice Air rather than on-line, and the agent told me the booking code so I could reserve seats. I have heard others say that the best bargains are on one-way international flights.

Carolyn