Did the rules for NEXT CRUISE bookings onboard change after July1st?

We were on Allure last week and booked another cruise for April through NEXTCRUISE with a refundable deposit (of $50/person, so $100 for my husband and I). After we got back I switched the cruise dates and changed it to a non-refundable rate (since it was about $130 cheaper overall) and I did NOT have to pay any additional deposit.

Nice! Should be interesting to see how long it takes them to plug that hole.

Maybe the fee for changing cabin type is a UK thing, but there's no fee for changing cabin type for US/Canadian bookings, as long as the ship and sailing date don't change.

Hi,

Heard back from my TA - he says "It's 100% of the deposit until after final payment, then 100% of the cruise fare. "

Asked him to confirm whether you got deposit back as FCC after paying $100 PP but he has not responded to that yet. Noticed our cruise confirmation does not say that tho.

And now I'm concerned - do you think I should have him change our cruise confirmation to reflect the rules of RCCL policy?

NJ

We were on Allure last week and booked another cruise for April through NEXTCRUISE with a refundable deposit (of $50/person, so $100 for my husband and I). After we got back I switched the cruise dates and changed it to a non-refundable rate (since it was about $130 cheaper overall) and I did NOT have to pay any additional deposit.

Interesting- That's the first report I have seen from someone that did NOT have to pay the full deposit

Hi,

Heard back from my TA - he says "It's 100% of the deposit until after final payment, then 100% of the cruise fare. " ...

There is a point where you lose 100% of the cruise fare if you cancel, but that point is 14 days before the cruise, not right after final payment date.

We booked, while onboard, last summer. When summer 2018 sailings became available, we changed the date. Since then, we've decided to change ship and date. We plan to do a nrd. We should get the $100 OBC for booking 6+ months out, correct? From doing mock bookings, it appears this OBC is combinable with c&a discount. Has anyone been able to get the OBC? TA thinks it's not combinable, but I think she is confusing it with OBC given with WOW sale. Also, my TA is stating that we won't have to add any money to the deposit. Seems strange and I'm thinking she is misinformed. How would they enforce nrd if they don't have the full deposit?

We booked, while onboard, last summer. When summer 2018 sailings became available, we changed the date. Since then, we've decided to change ship and date. We plan to do a nrd. We should get the $100 OBC for booking 6+ months out, correct? From doing mock bookings, it appears this OBC is combinable with c&a discount. Has anyone been able to get the OBC? TA thinks it's not combinable, but I think she is confusing it with OBC given with WOW sale. Also, my TA is stating that we won't have to add any money to the deposit. Seems strange and I'm thinking she is misinformed. How would they enforce nrd if they don't have the full deposit?

Yes you should get the $100 (and the cruise is 6 days or more in a balcony I believe) in you change to a NRD more than 6 months out. I have heard that they are asking for full deposit but yesterday someone on here posted that they were NOT asked for full deposit. Please come back and let us know how you make out

Edited by molly361

Yes you should get the $100 in you change to a NRD more than 6 months out. I have heard that they are asking for full deposit but yesterday someone on here posted that they were NOT asked for full deposit. Please come back and let us know how you make out

Hi,

We booked a cruise onboard during a WOW sale in May. Switched it yesterday to NRD. Did not get extra $100 from TA. Should we be asking for that?

Thanks,

NJ

The Nonrefundable Deposit OBC (6+ months) and the On Board booking OBC are both combinable with C&A Balcony discounts.

According to the rules, If booking nonrefundable, you must make full deposit. If you then change the ship or sail date you would pay a $100 each change fee. This fee would be charged every time you change the ship or sail date. If you cancel a NRD then it would cost $100 each for change fees and the remainder of the deposit would be issued as a FCC to be booked within a year.

Rules for booking a refundable have not changed and remain the same.

There is no change fee to change cabins or categories or for price cuts on NRD.

Carla

Rules for booking a refundable have not changed and remain the same.

Carla

However, according to my TA -- who called RCI directly to confirm this -- all confirmations, both refundable and nonrefundable, have the "nonrefundable" information on them.

In other words, you may pay the (higher) refundable rate, and get the (lower) refundable perks... But your confirmation will not state in writing that it is a fully refundable booking.

I have written multiple emails to crown and anchor about this already, as well as letting them know I hate this new system and refuse to book nonrefundable at all... Nor will I book refundable until they are able to issue a confirmation that states in writing that the booking is indeed fully refundable.

Meaning here I am, D+ with three RCI cruises booked currently, looking at two more right now... And unable to book them until they correct this situation. If they move to all non refundable they will lose me as a customer altogether. I sincerely hope they dump this new program fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

However, according to my TA -- who called RCI directly to confirm this -- all confirmations, both refundable and nonrefundable, have the "nonrefundable" information on them.

In other words, you may pay the (higher) refundable rate, and get the (lower) refundable perks... But your confirmation will not state in writing that it is a fully refundable booking.

I have written multiple emails to crown and anchor about this already, as well as letting them know I hate this new system and refuse to book nonrefundable at all... Nor will I book refundable until they are able to issue a confirmation that states in writing that the booking is indeed fully refundable.

Meaning here I am, D+ with three RCI cruises booked currently, looking at two more right now... And unable to book them until they correct this situation. If they move to all non refundable they will lose me as a customer altogether. I sincerely hope they dump this new program fast.

I just created a new "refundable deposit" booking yesterday, and as you say, there is no clear notation that specifies the type of deposit.

However, there still is the cancellation schedule section at the bottom that says I lose the deposit if I cancel 89 to 57 days prior to sailing.

I wonder if this section is different for non-refundable deposits?

If they move to all non refundable they will lose me as a customer altogether.

You might want to start shopping other lines now - the rest of the world outside of NA, has had nothing but NRD for a very long time and RCI is probably heading that way.

I actually am loving the NRD choice. I have saved a lot on all the cruises I have booked over the next year. We never cancel (and we have insurance for medical) so to get the lower rate and OBC is a win/win for me.

I have some RD cruises, but only b/c the price was higher to change to a NRD.

From what C&A told me, if we book on the ship, we get both the OBC for booking onboard plus the OBC for NRD bookings.

I could care less if I have to pay the full deposit. I have to pay it at some point, so really does not matter to me when. Right now I have 11 cruises booked with Royal and all but 3 are booked with the NRD so that I got a lower price plus the OBC.

The NRD is great for short cruises b/c they stopped giving OBC for booking on the ship. Now I have OBC on all my short cruises due to the NRD choice.

I just created a new "refundable deposit" booking yesterday, and as you say, there is no clear notation that specifies the type of deposit.

However, there still is the cancellation schedule section at the bottom that says I lose the deposit if I cancel 89 to 57 days prior to sailing.

I wonder if this section is different for non-refundable deposits?

Bob, I have a NRD booking and there are 2 things that are different.

1. Under Booking Charges it lists the fare as,

BOGO NO REF DEP

TDS NO REF DEP

2. In the notes that appear under the booking charges it states,

The minimum deposit for this fare is Non-Refundable. A change fee of $100 USD per guest will apply for ship or sail date changes.

Bob, I have a NRD booking and there are 2 things that are different.

1. Under Booking Charges it lists the fare as,

BOGO NO REF DEP

TDS NO REF DEP

2. In the notes that appear under the booking charges it states,

The minimum deposit for this fare is Non-Refundable. A change fee of $100 USD per guest will apply for ship or sail date changes.

Thanks much Ken, so it appears there is a clear indication on the booking confirmation of a non-refundable fare.:)

Yes you should get the $100 (and the cruise is 6 days or more in a balcony I believe) in you change to a NRD more than 6 months out. I have heard that they are asking for full deposit but yesterday someone on here posted that they were NOT asked for full deposit. Please come back and let us know how you make out

Booked our trip today. We booked under the NRD, so we get the $100 OBC. TA put us in a group so needed to deposit $500 per cabin. So, we haven't put down a full(RCI) deposit, as we have 3 people in one of the cabins. NRD was a little over $1000 cheaper than refundable so the switch was a no-brainer. Our original trip was 7 nights in July. This trip gives us 9 nights in June and is $300 cheaper. Yay!