New job, and cruise question?

So my wife is having a second interview with the CEO next week sometime. Hopefully this is the one. Is this where she should bring up that she has a prior engagement? She shouldn't call it or say she has a cruise booked? Am I getting this correct?

So my wife is having a second interview with the CEO next week sometime. Hopefully this is the one. Is this where she should bring up that she has a prior engagement? She shouldn't call it or say she has a cruise booked? Am I getting this correct?

She should NOT mention it until she has a job offer

We are booked on Anthem this Sept. But my wife might be getting a new job very soon. I wonder if they'll let her go being so close to being hired? What do employers usually do in this situation? If she can't we only get back the port fees right? We sail September 28th 9 days to Canada/NE. I guess we'll get insurance going forward. I don't really trust cruise insurance, aren't there a lot of loop holes? Thanks for any help or info.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Most people let their know they have a non cancelable reservation in the final negotiating.

probably not for a cruise in 2 months

Someone stated that cancelling for work related issues is not covered by most insurance companies. I know at this point it may not be applicable to the OP but I was advising that there are indeed companies that do have this option on their policies. I actually booked 2 policies with them today. Both are for cruises this year and both include cancel for business reasons on the policies.

Someone stated that cancelling for work related issues is not covered by most insurance companies. I know at this point it may not be applicable to the OP but I was advising that there are indeed companies that do have this option on their policies. I actually booked 2 policies with them today. Both are for cruises this year and both include cancel for business reasons on the policies.

Thanks, not going to help us this time like you said, but good info for next time.

Those who say that bringing up a vacation or other commitment during the initial interview are correct...to a point.

If you are specifically asked by the interviewer about commitments in that first visit, be honest. I worked HR for a retail organization and one of my standard questions during the first interview was "what personal commitments do you have over the next 6-12 months that will require you to need time off?". I needed to know that information BEFORE deciding whether to make an offer, because of the timing of training classes and upcoming coverage needs for the store. A new employee isn't going to help me if they can't be around when I need them most, and if they were unable to be present when I needed them most I'm not even going to make the offer.

For my current position, I had not one but THREE trips planned over the first year of employment, the first one just a month after starting. The company was just great about allowing me to have this time, AND they paid me for it.

Those who say that bringing up a vacation or other commitment during the initial interview are correct...to a point.

If you are specifically asked by the interviewer about commitments in that first visit, be honest. I worked HR for a retail organization and one of my standard questions during the first interview was "what personal commitments do you have over the next 6-12 months that will require you to need time off?". I needed to know that information BEFORE deciding whether to make an offer, because of the timing of training classes and upcoming coverage needs for the store. A new employee isn't going to help me if they can't be around when I need them most, and if they were unable to be present when I needed them most I'm not even going to make the offer.

For my current position, I had not one but THREE trips planned over the first year of employment, the first one just a month after starting. The company was just great about allowing me to have this time, AND they paid me for it.

Well that's kinda of the point. Needs the job more than the vacation. Don't want to lose the job offer because we have a vacation planned. It's a very delicate situation we are in. Lose the 3,300 on the cruise to for a 60 plus thousand a year salary. Would rather have both obviously. 😀

I actually told them when I accepted the job and there wasn't an issue I mean you have to understand that just because you're changing jobs doesn't mean your life stops at least that's my opinion enjoy your day

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it and I agree.