why Cant Carnival do this one small thing

SMSACE6

I dont think it is a huge request, but why cant they just add some protein to their breakfast room service menu.

Used to be able to get at least some smoked salmon, but not any more now.

Would it be that hard to add a boiled egg to the the room service breakfast menu.

How about a serving of cottage cheese. None of these things need to be kept warm, or served warm, so why not add it to the the room service menu, especially now since we can no longer get smoked salmon. Loved the salmon, but I can live without it on room service, but I do like to linger in my cabin in the mornings, and like to enjoy room service in my cabin for breakfast, but do absolutely need some protein im my breakfast dont need bacon and eggs, but a boiled egg, and or some cottage cheese would be nice.

Just get a hard boil egg and cottage cheese back from the lido deck and eat them on the balcony. I am thinking it has to be a meal they can prepare hours ahead of time. Would you want to eat protein of any kind that was prepared at 2 am? Salmon would be a night mare.

Limited menu so it does not take forever to prepare and deliver. You must remember you may want your breakfast at 6 am but others may want it later or earlier.

I dont think it is a huge request, but why cant they just add some protein to their breakfast room service menu.

Used to be able to get at least some smoked salmon, but not any more now.

Would it be that hard to add a boiled egg to the the room service breakfast menu.

How about a serving of cottage cheese. None of these things need to be kept warm, or served warm, so why not add it to the the room service menu, especially now since we can no longer get smoked salmon. Loved the salmon, but I can live without it on room service, but I do like to linger in my cabin in the mornings, and like to enjoy room service in my cabin for breakfast, but do absolutely need some protein im my breakfast dont need bacon and eggs, but a boiled egg, and or some cottage cheese would be nice.

I agree with you. I've always thought Carnival's room service leaves a lot to be desired, especially after cruising on many other lines. Your requests do not seem like asking much and should be taken seriously. I'd be willing to bet there are many others that share your thoughts in this age of healthier lifestyles.

Also sorry to see the smoked salmon go - can't have yogurt due to lactose intolerance - so left with only carbs/sugary stuff on the breakfast room service menu and yes no protein..... at sea days not a problem (usually go to the brunch or MDR)- but on port days with early excursion was always nice to be able to order something to have in the cabin while getting ready for an early departure without having to fight the crowds on Lido!

I know you'd prefer to get it from room service and I don't blame you. But since they won't, how about taking a few Ziploc bags or other food storage bags with you. Bring some cottage cheese, eggs or any other perishable you choose from the buffet and put them in your fridge. Then any time you choose you can have it.

I take bags with me. Sometimes dessert is more than I can eat (namely the chocolate cake from the coffee bar) and I don't think the domes keep food from getting stale so I put it in a plastic bag in the fridge.

Bring some cottage cheese, eggs or any other perishable you choose from the buffet and put them in your fridge.
You are assuming every cabin has a refrigerator. Many don't, and most to them do not even provide a moderate chill.

I understand that not everyone wants to do this, but I've found it's easier to throw on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt, grab our large travel mugs, and head to the Lido. I fill the mugs and put them in a small carrier I have, then grab a plate (with an empty plate under it) and fill it up with enough for two people. Divide it up once back in the cabin and we're set. No worrying about lack of <insert desired breakfast item that's not on the room service menu here>, room service running late, kids or drunks removing your request card at 2:00 AM, etc.

You are assuming every cabin has a refrigerator. Many don't, and most to them do not even provide a moderate chill.

That is correct - a) not all ship cabins have a fridge and b) to call them a 'fridge' is a misnomer - does NOT keep food at the right temperature so I would not chance it (having worked at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and being well versed in safe food handling LOL).

The more items they list the more foot service it takes to deliver those items , plus the the extra expense for said items.

I agree with the first part, but not the second. The items are in the kitchen and have already been paid for, it doesn't matter where the passenger obtains them and consumes them.

I believe the previous poster's point is that having more items available on the menu motivates more people to order more things therefore resulting in more consumption and or more waste. What you suggested instead would presume that the lack of these items on the menu inextricably leads to people going up to the buffet and obtaining those items but many people are far lazier than that. Smoked salmon is a good example. The way its availability has been described to me, even a serious smoked salmon fanatic like me will find its availability too inconvenient. I'll probably end up doing without having as many fixes of my smoked fish of choice as I would have had were it more readily and conveniently available.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I agree with the first part, but not the second. The items are in the kitchen and have already been paid for, it doesn't matter where the passenger obtains them and consumes them.

Consider this then , if the items were to be included there would be more consumption thus more expense to the cruise line.

I also was disappointed by the now limited room service menu. Unfortunately the entire industry is moving to limit or charge for items that were once included.

I remember not many years ago on RCCL you could basically have the main course in the dining room delivered if you want. I remember having steak, salad and baked potato in the cabin one night when the wife was ill. Now they have a selection of finger foods for a $7.95 fee. NCL has followed the same route with the same $7.95 fee. At least Carnival has a decent selection of sandwich baskets and salads that are still included at no up charge.

Consider this then , if the items were to be included there would be more consumption thus more expense to the cruise line.

Since food is one of the smallest over all expenses for the cruise line I would think that more consumption (whether it takes place on Lido or in the cabin) would be negligible (and of course if someone is eating it in the cabin they likely wouldn't be on Lido eating it).

Not really. If the person eats a smoked salmon bagel for example the cost is the same if they eat it in the cabin or in the dining room. The only way it costs the cruise line more is if you assume the person who orders room service food will also partake in an additional breakfast in the dining room at the same quantity if they didn't order room service. I don't think that is the case.

As I mentioned above, as they have it now I will very likely consume fewer portions of smoked salmon than if it was more readily and conveniently available to me. It's expensive stuff even though it's a marginal expense. And what you learn in big business is that even marginal expenses multiplied by tens or hundreds of thousands add up to Big Money.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Since food is one of the smallest over all expenses for the cruise line I would think that more consumption (whether it takes place on Lido or in the cabin) would be negligible (and of course if someone is eating it in the cabin they likely wouldn't be on Lido eating it).

Your forgetting a few things most people wont get dressed and go to Lido or the MDR if it's delivered to their cabins. Think lazy vacations days ;) over rules getting dressed for some. Every now and then you will see a person with a covered dish heading back to the cabin ,not all that often though.

But the person in the cabin got extra winks by sending out their loved one for room service. So if they started to deliver said items there definitely would be more consumption more expense. Everyone in the cabin gets extra winks and a wake up call for breakfast . Don't forget to order two if your hungry .

sparks1093 Since food is one of the smallest over all expenses for the cruise line.

That is the understatement of the century .

Edited by BoDidly