Aqua Class and Beverage Questions

Canadianhey!

When booked in the Aqua Class do you get free access to both the relaxation room and the persian gardens on the Equinox?

Also I hear that there is also craft beer on the ship, does the Classic Beverage Package cover craft beer?

AQ gets free access to the relaxation room and Persian gardens. Can't help you with the beer.

Yes, you will have access to both the relaxation lounge and the persian gardens.

There will be craft beer available but many are over the classic package limit, which is now $9 per beer. But, never fear, if you do order a $10 beer, the policy has also changed so now you will only be charged the overage (not the full price of the beer) + 18% for that beer for a total of $1.18. I think some of the craft beers are upwards of that but you will still only have to pay the upcharge if you have the classic package.

Yes, you will have access to both the relaxation lounge and the persian gardens.

There will be craft beer available but many are over the classic package limit, which is now $9 per beer. But, never fear, if you do order a $10 beer, the policy has also changed so now you will only be charged the overage (not the full price of the beer) + 18% for that beer for a total of $1.18. I think some of the craft beers are upwards of that but you will still only have to pay the upcharge if you have the classic package.

I read that there was no surcharge on upcharges on another thread. Someone clarify please.

I think when you are using the word "surcharge" you are asking about the gratuity. There is a gratuity charged, at the rate of 18%. This would be charged whether you buy the beverage without benefit of a package, or whther you are just paying the difference in price betweeen the cost od the drink and what the package allows.

So, if your chosen drink is $11 and the package allows $10, you would pay $1.18 out of pocket (well, on your SeaPass account but you get the idea)

Just off Summit with Aqua class and classic beverage package. Only ONE bourbon...Jim Beam. For martinis, Beefeater gin OK, Bombay on occasion (depending on the server), Tanqueray NO. Wine selection very limited, but there is always Proseco. List I had seen about liquors available on the classic package were not what Summit was offering.

I think when you are using the word "surcharge" you are asking about the gratuity. There is a gratuity charged, at the rate of 18%. This would be charged whether you buy the beverage without benefit of a package, or whther you are just paying the difference in price betweeen the cost od the drink and what the package allows.

So, if your chosen drink is $11 and the package allows $10, you would pay $1.18 out of pocket (well, on your SeaPass account but you get the idea)

Yes and no. Unless the cruise is ex-UK and then the extra does not have gratuities added.