A first comment after our first MSC cruise (Meraviglia Yacht Club).

sverigecruiser

We came home around 3 this morning so today I will only give a first comment about our first MSC cruise! Much more will come later, a long review and hopefully lots of photos.

We have been on seven NCLcruises before and I will compare my experiences with my former NCL experiences.

The food was better in the Yacht Club than in the Haven but one reason I think that is that I like Italian food a lot. A new menu every day is also good, on NCL it's the same everyday if I remember correct. (As you can see in my signature I haven't been on a NCL cruise for a while and I think that the Haven menu is changed).

We felt an extreme lack of information on the Meraviglia and if it had been our first cruise we had probably missed lots of things but now we knew what to ask for. For example we wasn't given a map of the ship and that was needed because she is HUGE. Since we always have been given a map on NCL we thought about it and asked our butler and he gave us one. Another thing is that it took 5 days before they told us the name of the captain! It wasn't mentioned in the Daily program, at least not the one we got in the Yacht Club, and there was no picture of him anywhere.

The service in the Yacht Club was super, as good as in the Haven.

As long as NCLs suiteprices are as high as they are now we will probably continue with MSC.

sverigecruiser

Thanks for the post. We will be cruising in a couple weeks on the same floor in the Meraviglia Yacht Club. Good to read that the food and service was as good or better than the NCL Haven. We cruised on NCL last year.

Looking forward to any additional tips you can share.

Cheers,

We have been on seven NCLcruises before and I will compare my experiences with my former NCL experiences.

... on NCL it's the same everyday if I remember correct. (As you can see in my signature I haven't been on a NCL cruise for a while and I think that the Haven menu is changed).

I'm looking forward to your perspective. The Haven/Suite menus are still the same every day. The only thing I can remember that has changed about the Haven dinner menu since 2015 is no lobster available. Also the crab eggs benedict became seafood eggs benedict.

sverigecruiser

Thanks for the post. We will be cruising in a couple weeks on the same floor in the Meraviglia Yacht Club. Good to read that the food and service was as good or better than the NCL Haven. We cruised on NCL last year.

Looking forward to any additional tips you can share.

Cheers,

I assume that you have read Beamafars superthread! You can probably find all information you need there!

If you have a specific question, I answer it if I can!

Thanks for the info on MSC. We are doing our first MSC (Divina) in exactly 3 weeks and are expecting good things.

And yea, the NCL prices have gotten out of hand for Haven and suites.

MSC are great but ask, ask, ask! They will give you very little information if you don't ask for it!

Welcome to the world of MSC Yacht Club 😀 Once there is hard to leave. I'm looking forward to your review and photos. We had a great inaugural cruise on the MSC MERAVIGLIA and I wish we were there, together with Bea 👍😀

Before they used to have a leather booklet in the cabin containing a lot of information as well as deckplans but I haven't seen it on the last cruises.

Welcome to the world of MSC Yacht Club 😀 Once there is hard to leave. I'm looking forward to your review and photos. We had a great inaugural cruise on the MSC MERAVIGLIA and I wish we were there, together with Bea 👍😀

Before they used to have a leather booklet in the cabin containing a lot of information as well as deckplans but I haven't seen it on the last cruises.

I absolutely feel that it will be hard to leave after being in the Yacht Club!

We will for sure never again cruise without a suite, if it's in the Haven or in the Yacht Club is to early to say but if I should book a new cruise today it should be in the Yacht Club. Right now MSC defenitely win when it comes to value for money.