Corkage fee...

Just kidding about the Beringer John. Does Laura like Caymus at all?

I know, it's all good fun. I know the responses I'll get from that confession. She liked the Caymus. It didn't have the strong tannin that many Cabs have. I think she's still ok with Pinot.

She used to be an ABC girl.

Anything But Chardonnay. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I know, it's all good fun. I know the responses I'll get from that confession. She liked the Caymus. It didn't have the strong tannin that many Cabs have. I think she's still ok with Pinot.

A good Pinot Noir from the Wagner Family, who make Caymus, is Belle Glos. Not quite as pricey as Caymus but really good. I know you said Laura doesn't like Chardonnay but the Wagner's Mer Soleil is really good too. We used to get the Mer Soleil Reserve as an amenity wine but recently it's been the Silver.

http://belleglos.com/wines/#las-alturas-pinot-noir-2

http://www.mersoleilvineyard.com/our-wines.html

Chardys are my fave.

Viva la difference!!!😂😂

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Wish they do what Hal had a few years ago they had corkage fee I think it was 18 but allowed unlimited amounts of wine to be brought on cruise, I always cruised with at least a case of our favorites

We cruised with HAL in May 2016 and were only allowed two bottles of wine--one each.

We don't drink $24 a glass wine. It costs us (well - used to) $12 a glass with the coupon. Only time we buy it.

Very nice (and smart). :)

I'm with you. My favourite wine is a A$10 bottle from the local bottle shop.😂😂😂😂

Don't judge me.😂😂😂😂

We're judging - good for you - smart and prudent.

We've had $10 bottles that honest caused us to enjoy int more than the very few times we sampled "expensive" wine. Since we've been to numerous wineries around the world, we have actually sampled very expensive wine many times. That said, we have yet to find one that is worth the exorbitant prices they charge for those...while the $6 Beringer and others do the trick with most meals. :cool:

Excuse my ignorance what exactly do they mean by corkage fee?

A fee to bring a bottle of wine you brought onboard and consume it in a public venue - to make up for loses they would have had for selling you the same bottle.

This confused me... I went back to my review photos (last 3 cruises anyways: Adventure, Harmony, Explorer) and I've always had glasses and corkscrew already there as I entered the room, alongside the D+ water, etc.

My experience was on my last several cruises, all on Anthem

Im bringing wine that doesn't have a cork so..?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to look up what a corkage fee actually is. Has absolutely nothing to do with an actual cork or who removes it.

"Friends don't let friends drink white zin."

We dined with tablemates who were celebrating the woman's birthday and shared with us her favorite wine. It was a white zin. It wouldn't be my first choice, but they were so sweet to share their wine with us. Don't recall if it was Beringer.