smoking on celebrity summit

skeeeter1954

Hi Skeeeter1954,

According to the person we spoke to by email at Celebrity the designated smoking areas on Solstice Class are:

Mast Bar & Grill

Pool deck & Sundeck on port side but not in the Solarium

Deck 5, Open deck on port side

Sunset Bar on port side

She also mentioned that smoking is strictly prohibited aboard the ship which includes staterooms & guest verandas. Policy applies to the use of cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and smoking-like products such as electronic cigarettes.

We just got off Summit 2 weeks ago. There is no smoking any longer on Deck 10 AFT at the Sunset bar. Besides Deck 10 near the pool area and deck 11 near the Mast Bar there is also smoking area outside on Deck 5, I believe it's port side, but don't quote me.

It seems that the S-Class Sunset Bars allow smoking on one side (port). The M-Class Sunset Bars do not allow smoking at all. This has been my experience over the last two years having sailed Infinity, Constellation, Silhouette and Reflection. The M-Class Sunset Bars are directly behind the OVC and there are tables for outdoor dining- and there are cabins just below as well. So that might be the difference for the smoking policy.

• 1 month later...
We just got off Summit 2 weeks ago. There is no smoking any longer on Deck 10 AFT at the Sunset bar. Besides Deck 10 near the pool area and deck 11 near the Mast Bar there is also smoking area outside on Deck 5, I believe it's port side, but don't quote me.

There is smoking allowed outside on the promenade (below the lifeboats), I believe still port side. I remember walking out of theater, going outside and there were people definitely smoking. This was on the Infinity last Fall.

That's what i recall they had on Infinity...the areas on the pool deck were awful.,.like one big ash tray,..DH actually gave up his cigar b/c it was smelly, ashtrays not emptied......cigar areas very limited!

There are cabins that overlook the aft bar on Summit and other M-Class ships. Perhaps that's why smoking has been prohibited there.

Yes, the AQ cabins. And since smoke tends to drift up (rather than down to the cabins below) I'm so grateful they decided that smoking would no longer be permitted at the Sunset Bar.