Looking for some advice

Neliska

Hi, we are looking into going on a Baltic cruise next year on the Azamara Journey.

In more recent times we have previously been on Celebrity Equinox (Med) & a few months ago the Infinity (Alaska) and last year did the Panama Canal on Pacific Princess. We prefer a smaller ship hence looking at Azamara and the itinerary looks good starting in Copenhagen and finishing in Stockholm giving time to look around these places before and after the cruise.

Can anyone suggest a good deck / cabin to try for. Just a window would be fine.

Are the bathrooms / cabins the same size as the Pacific Princess and these ships were originally from the same company years ago I believe?

We had a balcony on the Alaska cruise and hardly used it, whereas the Mediterranean cruise we used it a lot with the warmer weather.

Are the seas generally calmer on the Baltic cruises being more sheltered? I realise sea conditions can change, but perhaps those who have done this area could comment.

With the drinks complimentary does that include pre dinner wine / beer or is it just with meals?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, we are looking into going on a Baltic cruise next year on the Azamara Journey.

In more recent times we have previously been on Celebrity Equinox (Med) & a few months ago the Infinity (Alaska) and last year did the Panama Canal on Pacific Princess. We prefer a smaller ship hence looking at Azamara and the itinerary looks good starting in Copenhagen and finishing in Stockholm giving time to look around these places before and after the cruise.

I am on the cruise after this. I know these ports and you will have a great time. Book with a private company for Russia .they take care of everything including a show at night if you want one.. the names are on the ports of call board.

Are the bathrooms / cabins the same size as the Pacific Princess and these ships were originally from the same company years ago I believe?

mid ship so you are between the stairs.. yes the same ship.

We had a balcony on the Alaska cruise and hardly used it, whereas the Mediterranean cruise we used it a lot with the warmer weather.

Are the seas generally calmer on the Baltic cruises being more sheltered? I realise sea conditions can change, but perhaps those who have done this area could comment.

not sure of the seas-

With the drinks complimentary does that include pre dinner wine / beer or is it just with meals?

you can drink both all day long. first bar opens at 9 or 10 by the pool.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

do you want help with hotels? price range helps! I slept in both cities as many guests have. I also like using Frommers book for hotels and dinners.

I really like the Cat 05 window cabins on deck 4 toward Guest Relations. Yes, the cabins are the same size as Pacific Princess.

Phil

I really like the Cat 05 window cabins on deck 4 toward Guest Relations. Yes, the cabins are the same size as Pacific Princess.

Phil

some guests complain about noise from the caberet. I guess you can hear the band playing.

some guests complain about noise from the caberet. I guess you can hear the band playing.

They must have sensitive hearing to hear it in a Category 5. I agree with Excited, we enjoyed a cruise in one, nice and steady position

Thanks everyone for the advice. Recommended hotels in Copenhagen & Stockholm would be appreciated. Middle of the road ones I guess. At this stage I haven't even looked at any. I will be in touch with out travel agent to sort our trip out!

Cheers

Thanks everyone for the advice. Recommended hotels in Copenhagen & Stockholm would be appreciated. Middle of the road ones I guess. At this stage I haven't even looked at any. I will be in touch with out travel agent to sort our trip out!

Cheers

Adina Apartment Hotel in Copenhagen worked for us. It's not fancy, but has everything including a supermarket next door. It's not far from the cruise pier and a nice walk along the water to town (25 minutes) passing Little Mermaid Statue close by. It's been three years, but I remember public transportation to town was also easy. It gets strong ratings on Trip Advisor and is a good value.

do you want help with hotels? price range helps! I slept in both cities as many guests have. I also like using Frommers book for hotels and dinners.

Hi Robin

Yes would appreciate any hotel recommendations for Copenhagen & Stockholm. Middle of the road prices I guess.

We have booked our trip & allocated Cabin 4044.

Thanks.