So where can I get a premium burger on M-Class ships now?

TeeRick

Sushi on Five already has Kobe sliders. They were good.

From what I understand, the Sushi on Five menu for the M class ships is not the exact full menu served on S class, there are some items not offered(and it says this on the sample menu on the X website for So5). I've seen recent pics of the M class So5 menu(Summit), and the "Kobe" sliders were not on it in the starters/appetizers section.

S-Class Sushi on 5 has an expanded menu of non sushi/sashimi items as compared to M-Class. Just an FYI; the sliders served in S-Class Sushi on 5 are absolutely NOT Kobe beef - Celebrity is engaging in blatant false advertising if they are labeling them as such.

I'm sure they're not but that's what they call them. I believe they're $8.

I'm sure they're not but that's what they call them. I believe they're $8.

Oh, I believe you - it is Celebrity that is acting shady on this topic. It is no different than their jewelry shop calling something a Rolex that is a cheap knock-off.

As I mentioned in another thread Kobe beef is extraordinarily rare outside of Japan (only approximately a dozen restaurants in the US serve Kobe beef), is prohibitively expensive (approximately $30/ounce at restaurants in the US - so a 3-ounce slider would cost nearly $100), and the composition is too fatty to use for a proper burger or slider.

The Celebrity "official" poster on Cruise Critic admitted on another thread that at the Top Deck Burger Bar it indeed was not Kobe beef (despite being labeled as such), but was an "American Kobe Style Beef Blend": (i.e. is basically mystery beef being labelled as though it is a very rare, expensive, luxurious item).

In the US restaurants that were falsely calling meat Kobe beef were successfully sued during the past couple years (under the guise of false advertising) and you almost never see this label any more (sometimes you see "Kobe Style" or "American Kobe" - which are generally just marketing terms rather than meaningful terms - but in the US you rarely see something called just "Kobe beef" because of the successful lawsuits). From what those in the UK chimed in on the other thread, what Celebrity is doing would also be illegal there.

Hopefully Celebrity stops this practice of false advertising with regards to Kobe beef; makes me very suspicious to purchase anything on a Celebrity ship - if they are engaging in false advertising over Kobe beef, who knows what else they are falsely advertising.

S-Class Sushi on 5 has an expanded menu of non sushi/sashimi items as compared to M-Class. Just an FYI; the sliders served in S-Class Sushi on 5 are absolutely NOT Kobe beef - Celebrity is engaging in blatant false advertising if they are labeling them as such.

I wish they all had the s class sushi on 5 menu. Loved the options on Silhouette and Reflection last year. We were on the Summit in June and none of the stuff I ordered on S class was even on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't consider the Kobe-like beef sliders in Sushi On 5 on some S-Class ships the same as ordering a premium burger at Lawn Club Grill for example. On M-Class there are no premium burger options and it appears not even the fake Kobe-like beef sliders in Sushi on Five either.

We have two Millennium cruises next month, and I'll be sure to put a request for the sliders in Sushi on Five in my comments, on the ship and in the survey afterwards. I'd eat there more often if they had just a little more variety.

I really don't consider the Kobe-like beef sliders in Sushi On 5 on some S-Class ships the same as ordering a premium burger at Lawn Club Grill for example. On M-Class there are no premium burger options and it appears not even the fake Kobe-like beef sliders in Sushi on Five either.

That's why it makes sense for Celebrity to revamp the Sushi on Five menu on M Class ships and introduce the Kobe STYLE Burger in that venue. OR introduce a NEW eatery on the Rooftop Terrace area. They can install the Top Deck Burger Bar RIGHT THERE. Yes, that means spending money and building out a new restaurant space, but that would be the PERFECT comprise of having an Premium Burger Eatery outdoors without impinging on the Poolside Grill.

Calling something Kobe beef doesn't make them Kobe-like. They are not remotely like Kobe beef.

I know they have burgers in the MDR lunch several days. Never had one, but are they an option for you?

Might be true, but unlike EVERY other cruise ship I've been on, you CAN'T order them in the MDR for dinner. The waiter will just stare at you if you try, like to say "who would ever do that?"

Might be true, but unlike EVERY other cruise ship I've been on, you CAN'T order them in the MDR for dinner. The waiter will just stare at you if you try, like to say "who would ever do that?"

Sure you can; they even have burgers listed on the children's menu for dinner in the MDR on Celebrity. While I have never ordered off the children's menu, several adults on Cruise Critic have stated they sometimes ordered items from the children's menu for dinner without any issues. Maybe your waiter was surprised, but burgers are available if one really wants to order one for dinner.

That's why it makes sense for Celebrity to revamp the Sushi on Five menu on M Class ships and introduce the Kobe STYLE Burger in that venue. OR introduce a NEW eatery on the Rooftop Terrace area. They can install the Top Deck Burger Bar RIGHT THERE. Yes, that means spending money and building out a new restaurant space, but that would be the PERFECT comprise of having an Premium Burger Eatery outdoors without impinging on the Poolside Grill.

The best place would be the Sunset Bar area. There are tables, entertainment, and it's just a great part of the ship.

Very little they would have to do besides putting in a grill. Another area they can do this!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

The burgers were very good. Celebrity's execution of the concept was poor. It's not really a pool burger. It's more of a lunch or even a light dinner substitute with a couple of drinks. Sunset Bar are with a couple of cold beers and some shade would have been perfect.

So they now reverted back to the Pool Grill on M-Class (Constellation) with free burgers and hot dogs by the pool. No changes to Mast Grill for S-Class - a failed experiment on Equinox. . This now appears to be the case so everybody is happy. However for M-Class, I like the option of having premium burgers at a fee somewhere else on the ship in addition to the free burgers at the Pool Grill or OVC. Unless I am in a suite and get the Luminae burger, the option of a premium fresh-cooked burger does not seem to exist on M-Class for those who want to pay for one. On S-Class the option exists with Lawn Club Grill or Gastro Bar for example.

Have them stop at Mc Donalds.:p

I had a burger in MDR on Solstice last week...it was a glorious gray color and bun was slightly dry. Once I added deli mustard, it tasted like a large version of a White Castle burger, which I like. A lady at my table ordered same and are one bite. I did not eat at Mast Grill as my previous experiences were not that good (dry over cooked patty and lifeless fries). They had the "Crab Shack" offering there, which appeared to be a joke at $25 a plate.

Sushi on 5 was open on embarkation day and was very good. For most of meal, we were only ones there. A party of six came in as we finished up. There were no sliders on the menu. Rice paste ice cream was da bomb. We were turned away from SO5 on last sea day. They had tables, but were understaffed. I think they really denied because it was close to closing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sure you can; they even have burgers listed on the children's menu for dinner in the MDR on Celebrity. While I have never ordered off the children's menu, several adults on Cruise Critic have stated they sometimes ordered items from the children's menu for dinner without any issues. Maybe your waiter was surprised, but burgers are available if one really wants to order one for dinner.

I probably could have force the fact, but they weren't willing to give us burgers in the NDR at dinner. I'm not sure about the children's menu because we don't have children and it wasn't on our table.

So they now reverted back to the Pool Grill on M-Class (Constellation) with free burgers and hot dogs by the pool. No changes to Mast Grill for S-Class - a failed experiment on Equinox. . This now appears to be the case so everybody is happy. However for M-Class, I like the option of having premium burgers at a fee somewhere else on the ship in addition to the free burgers at the Pool Grill or OVC. Unless I am in a suite and get the Luminae burger, the option of a premium fresh-cooked burger does not seem to exist on M-Class for those who want to pay for one. On S-Class the option exists with Lawn Club Grill or Gastro Bar for example.

Whats is a Premium Burger as you desire? What kind of meat or accoutrements?

The premium burgers they were selling were made from fresh dry aged prime beef. Any other burger you will find will probably be previously frozen and Choice or below.

The perfect venue would have been in the Sunset Bar area and not by the pool. They got the burger right, just now how and where to serve it.

The premium burgers they were selling were made from fresh dry aged prime beef. Any other burger you will find will probably be previously frozen and Choice or below.

The perfect venue would have been in the Sunset Bar area and not by the pool. They got the burger right, just now how and where to serve it.

Perfect spot would be just inside the buffet near the sunset bar..some ships had sushi there, now gone. And deli offerings in that area now are dreadful.....and theres lots of seating inside and outside...and its near a bar....free burgers there would be a hit..as alt to the outdoor pool grill..or extra pay

I asked the OP....

Highly, highly, highly doubt the premium burgers were fresh; also skeptical they were dry aged (most likely wet aged - a much cheaper and easier, but far less rewarding practice). Properly frozen, stored and defrosted prime however is still a HUGE upgrade from the cutter and canner patties they usually serve. Only the specialty restaurant steaks are choice - no included beef on Celebrity is choice or higher.

I am the OP. Let's put cost aside. You are asking for my definition and personal opinion so here goes. Not everybody will agree. I would classify a Premium Burger as a very good grade of beef - could be previously frozen or not and not asking it be Kobe. The burger is cooked after you order it and cooked to your specifications. Quality fresh toppings, melted cheese. Fresh tasty roll. Served with crispy fries which are also freshly cooked. The type you might get in a pub or restaurant on land. In contrast the pre-made frozen free burgers served in the trays in the OCV are overcooked and held under warming lights. The free burgers served at the Mast Grill or Pool Grill are low quality beef and generally overcooked. If you want cheese you add some orange slice of cheese food that is not melted, or wilted lettuce and cardboard tomato. That is what you get for free. At sea, you can find a freshly cooked good burger at Johnny Rockets on RCCL, and certain on-ship pubs like Michael's Pub on Anthem of the Seas. Also at Lawn Club Grill and Gastropub on Celebrity. Luminae on Celebrity. I did try the burger from the now defunct Top Deck Burger Bar on Connie and it did meet my definition.

Highly, highly, highly doubt the premium burgers were fresh; also skeptical they were dry aged (most likely wet aged - a much cheaper and easier, but far less rewarding practice). Properly frozen, stored and defrosted prime however is still a HUGE upgrade from the cutter and canner patties they usually serve. Only the specialty restaurant steaks are choice - no included beef on Celebrity is choice or higher.

They were dry aged according to the menu. They tasted fresh and were very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums