Do I Have to Call to Get Price for Olife w/o Airfare?

mnocket

Never cruised O before. The website only shows prices for "Olife Fare w/airfare" and "Cruise Only". Since we would want unlimited internet and beverage package, I figure the Olife package makes sense. However, I would want to book my own flight. I don't see how I can get the pricing from the website - do I have to call to get that pricing? Maybe this is because of the 2 for 1 Promotion?

First, be aware the 2 for 1 promotion is not a promotion. It's fake marketing and no one is ever charged the "brochure price."

Second, you can start a booking online and indicate that you don't want air. You should find the fare you are looking for.

Third, and perhaps most important, get a travel agent and let him or her do the work for you. It won't cost you anything.

Just to add

the Beverage Package offered under O Life is Beer, Wine by the glass & Champagne by the glass at Lunch & dinner only

You can upgrade once onboard to the Prestige package for $20 PP pd

Just be sure you understand what you are getting

Just to add

the Beverage Package offered under O Life is Beer, Wine by the glass & Champagne by the glass at Lunch & dinner only

Thanks! You saved me from making a mistake. That drink package sure isn't worth the Olife price.

Thanks! You saved me from making a mistake. That drink package sure isn't worth the Olife price.

IMO, it is worth the price (the upgrade to the Premium Package). If you only drink wine, champagne or beer at lunch or dinner, the package included with "Olife" is fine but if you want a decent drink, it is going to cost you $10+ for cocktails (light pour) and an 18% gratuity. One call drink (top shelf brand) could cost you the $20 per day that you would pay (without tip since tips are included with the packages),

IMO, it is worth the price (the upgrade to the Premium Package). If you only drink wine, champagne or beer at lunch or dinner, the package included with "Olife" is fine but if you want a decent drink, it is going to cost you $10+ for cocktails (light pour) and an 18% gratuity. One call drink (top shelf brand) could cost you the $20 per day that you would pay (without tip since tips are included with the packages),

You make the assumption that everyone drinks alcohol. This is not always the case. We don't drink any wines, and share 1 alcoholic drink for our entire cruise. YMMV to the TS.

Sure it is, it has a value of $40 a person per day. Once onboard you upgrade it for $20 a person a day and get any drink on the bar menu, or any wine by the glass. It's a bargain at a value of $60 a day. I drink single malt scotch and get the Macallan 18 for $18.50 a shot, I always get a double, that's $37 + 18% = $43.66. Two of those and I'm ahead of the game. Throw in a Mimosa at breakfast, a rum drink around noon, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and I'm way ahead in price. Of course when I need a new liver I'll have to pay the cost.

BTW, on your cruise how much extra is the Olife? The Unlimited internet has a value of $28 a day.

If you drink the Beverage package can work for you

We might have 1 drink each per day sometime we splash out & have 2

I would rather take the OBC option

People have to choose what works best for them

We chose shore excursions for olife on our Med. Cruise on the Marina in May. When we booked it they offered 8 excursions, 4 each. They turned out to be excellent excursions and the alternative of $800 OBC would not have covered them. I don't drink alcohol and husband had maybe 1 drink per day since this was port intensive with no days at sea. With non-alcoholic included free, beverage package did not make sense for us.

Just to add

Thinking about an Oceania cruise...is it simple to add on the Prestige package as an upgrade, or does it depend on the ship? Another cruise line I follow has an upgraded bev package, but some cruisers have found it difficult to purchase the upgrade once aboard (bartenders and/or servers say "no" ).

Thinking about an Oceania cruise...is it simple to add on the Prestige package as an upgrade, or does it depend on the ship? Another cruise line I follow has an upgraded bev package, but some cruisers have found it difficult to purchase the upgrade once aboard (bartenders and/or servers say "no" ).

AFAIK you just go to reception on any Oceania ship & tell them you want to upgrade they give you a new card with the new package upgrade on it & bill your account

Many newbies seem to think that procedures differ from one ship to another but with Oceania that isn't the case. (Well, it is if you are comparing the "O" ships to the "R" ships in that the latter don't have as many restaurants, for example, or a concierge or executive lounge. That's because the ships are smaller.) But other things are pretty much the same across the fleet.

People who take the basic drink package and want to upgrade should do so once on board, not before. Two reasons. You can use OBC for the additional cost once on board, you can't beforehand. But also: you might not want to be paying $20pp/day immediately. You can add the extra benefits later on in the cruise. For a 7-14 day cruise, that might not matter. For a longer cruise, it might.

Another consideration (as many others have mentioned) is that on a port intensive cruise it might not be worth the additional cost. If you have a number of sea days ... that's different. People tend to drink more on sea days than they will if they are on shore for much of the day.

Mura