Journey Transatlantic in autumn 2018 currently not bookable?!

muenchner

Hi tromvest, as I posted on the other thread you started:

"I apologize for mis-information. Our Fall 2018 voyages on the Journey are NOT sold-out. The webgurus are working on a few things. The voyages will be back online by next Friday I expect."

Do you have any information about the Quest Rome to Barcelona Oct 28 (this year) which is also showing as sold out? Many thanks

Do you have any information about the Quest Rome to Barcelona Oct 28 (this year) which is also showing as sold out? Many thanks

Hmmm, I don't know why the QS 28OCT17 is showing sold-out. I'll ask but probably won't hear until Monday since it is after 7pm in Miami now.

Bonnie,

Can you confirm the transatlantic itinerary is as originally published or are the web gurus working on changing all the itineraries?

Your wording implies an IT rather than itinerary issue, I hope that is the case and there's going to be no surprises later on.

On another thread Bonnie said the web gurus are working on the Journey's Autumn cruise and they should be back on the website soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw that, I have also seen that phrase used in the past and back up was very different. Nowhere is there a statement that the cruise will not change. Why would web gurus be allowed to take six weeks of cruises offsale for several days otherwise? And why that six weeks......there could be a perfectly innocent explanation but as I've already made a compromise I did not really want on 24th Nov cruise I'm getting a little concerned about my Autumn 2018 plans and to be honest want to start identifying alternatives with other cruise lines just in case. Personally after the middle of this week I'm tied up for a month so timing is what I'm working with. That's why I'm trying to drill down through the "code" of the post wording.

Edited by uktog

Now that I think about this thing, it comes back to me. I wanted to book the cruise with the largest German OnlineTA. There was exactly this transatlantic, but already weeks ago not bookable. I went through another travel agency. Is this a coincidence? I do not think so. The other now taken from the program trips were there still bookable.

"I apologize for mis-information. Our Fall 2018 voyages on the Journey are NOT sold-out. The webgurus are working on a few things. The voyages will be back online by next Friday I expect."

Hopefully this is just a technical glitch as my Oct 15, 2018 Med trip on the Journey has disappeared as well.

Starting with an apology for ms-information when there has been absolutely no information is suspect and taking down only the few October/November cruises shows that it is likely not a web issues but, something specific to the missing cruises meaning probably schedule changes. Very careful to say absolutely nothing about what caused the cruises to be taken down may not be mis-information but, it is certainly no information as what are "things"?

Can't believe the explanation is such legal gobbledegook and shame on Azamara for beating around the bush and avoiding telling what is actually being done. Had lots of respect for Azamara before this non-answer but, when are businesses going to learn, better to tell the whole story up front as eventually the truth will come out and people will know what really happened than to provide a non-answer like this. Beyond what we all already knew, all this message really said is that it will likely be another week before these cruises will be back online.

Really too bad Azamara Miami is not as forthcoming and customer centric as the onboard experience.

Hopefully this is just a technical glitch as my Oct 15, 2018 Med trip on the Journey has disappeared as well.

Dollover: this is the sailing I'm on too! I was going to start a roll call and was getting excited. Let's keep our fingers crossed the sailing comes back as is next week.

Edited by tromvest
spelling error

Now that I think about this thing, it comes back to me. I wanted to book the cruise with the largest German OnlineTA. There was exactly this transatlantic, but already weeks ago not bookable. I went through another travel agency. Is this a coincidence? I do not think so. The other now taken from the program trips were there still bookable.

It previously disappeared when they were altering the 24 Nov sailing a change to our second leg we reluctantly accepted

It previously disappeared when they were altering the 24 Nov sailing a change to our second leg we reluctantly accepted

Uktog,

My first Azamara cruise is on the Journey Sept 21. Looks like its the last one before the current black out as it still shows. Being this is my first cruise with Azamara what happens when they do change your itinerary. Do they contact you or your TA in advance of publishing it or do you just find out when it reappears on the site? Also I see you "reluctantly" accepted the change. I take this to mean you can cancel if you can't live with the changes. Do they waive the minimal cancellation fee if you do so? Doesn't look like I'm affected but have this cruise and another booked for 2019 so trying to learn how things work.

Thanks

Brian

Brian

They will contact you via your travel agent though the reality is you will probably hear what your options are first via these boards.

They set a deadline for responses. When they changed our 24 Nov cruise the choices were either move to the new all Cuba option or free cancellation. No additional OBC was offered

Sometimes they sweeten the move with a small amount of OBC.

Brian

They will contact you via your travel agent though the reality is you will probably hear what your options are first via these boards.

They set a deadline for responses. When they changed our 24 Nov cruise the choices were either move to the new all Cuba option or free cancellation. No additional OBC was offered

Sometimes they sweeten the move with a small amount of OBC.

Thanks for the response. We are only into or 5th year of empty nesting and traveling a couple of times of year. So every place we choose to go is new to us. So it would have to be a pretty major change for me to cancel a trip since I plan them 18 months to 2 years in advance. But I can certainly understand the stress this is causing people right now while in limbo.

Does anyone know how long the deadline is for a response? Looks like my TA is out of the office until the end of the month. If it turns out to be changes that aren't acceptable to me I may switch the cruise to the Sept Iberian passage one.That was my second choice anyway. But with this really good sale that Azamara has right now who knows what cabins will still be available.

I'm finding this all very odd. I have booked my 1st Azamara cruise for Oct 2018; one of the missing cruises. And I have booked smaller cruise lines before so well aware of possible charters and changing itineraries. When this has happened to me (twice), the cruise line in question was in touch with me right away. But I have never seen itineraries disappear off a website for so long a period (until next Friday?) without any explanation what-so-ever.

Like a previous poster, if my cruise no longer exists as booked, I'd really like to know so I can consider my options.

Very similar to the Quest itineraries in the fall of last year. A number of European sailings and the original TA got deep-sixed to accommodate the Australian charter. As I recall, about 5 weeks or so was carved out of the schedule for the charter.

We are booked on the November 2018 Journey TA and considered the Cuba sailing afterwards but will wait to see how this all shakes out.

Very similar to the Quest itineraries in the fall of last year. A number of European sailings and the original TA got deep-sixed to accommodate the Australian charter. As I recall, about 5 weeks or so was carved out of the schedule for the charter.

We are booked on the November 2018 Journey TA and considered the Cuba sailing afterwards but will wait to see how this all shakes out.

I've been trying to stay positive in the hopes my October 15th sailing pops back up the web site but after reading this I'm starting to lose hope and we're starting to make other plans on another cruise line. I'm so disappointed.

I've been trying to stay positive in the hopes my October 15th sailing pops back up the web site but after reading this I'm starting to lose hope and we're starting to make other plans on another cruise line. I'm so disappointed.

I would wait until something definitive is announced. Maybe only minor changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I would wait until something definitive is announced. Maybe only minor changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I just called LCV and asked them for any information on what's going on. I was put on hold and then told that the sailing is "under maintenance" and that all of the October sailings should be back online by the end of the week. I pressed him to direct me to someone who knows what's going on as certainly someone does. He stated there is nobody else for me to speak to. So basically I found out nothing more than we all heard on Friday,

I just called LCV and asked them for any information on what's going on. I was put on hold and then told that the sailing is "under maintenance" and that all of the October sailings should be back online by the end of the week. I pressed him to direct me to someone who knows what's going on as certainly someone does. He stated there is nobody else for me to speak to. So basically I found out nothing more than we all heard on Friday,

Thanks for trying - its one heck of a maintenance then

Yes. Unfortunately the "under maintenance" cover is what I've heard from RCCL lines for years and years. Sometimes it means a lot (like a total reconfiguration) and sometimes it means very little (like a port change). Just wish they would be upfront and give the real scoop, OR wait until the scoop is finalized before putting a whole block of sailings "under maintenance."

I just called LCV and basically got the same story. I told the Rep that my sailings had gone missing under My Reservations. He said they still showed "open" in his system. Then he tried manually to add them back to My Azamara account. Nothing worked, so he called the IT Department and told me that the cruises were "under maintenance" and should be added back by the end of the week. He hesitated when I asked if there was an itinerary change or a possible charter, but did not deny it was a possibility. It is just very much a concern and a cause for worry that reservations just disappear as if they never happened!