Worst RCCL Ship

How did they think Navigator was "far too small" compared to Indy?

Now that Nav has a Flowrider, they are virtually identical inside, Indy is just a bit longer.

Don't ask me, it might have been that they paid for Nav themselves whereas Indy was on our dime ;)

I haven't sailed every ship in the fleet, but I would not choose to sail on Majesty again. The ship was filthy and in poor overall shape IMO.

Just to give an alternative opinion on Majesty --- we have sailed on her 12 times. Some were right before a planned refurb and many were not....was she always as 'spit shined' as other cruises on her or maybe some repairs needed to be attended to and would be when they had the parts and time to allocate.

However, we NEVER had a bad cruise on her. Staff was always attentive, food was good, entertainment good. Any specific problem was handled by guest services.

I don't know what sailing you were on, but others have had different experiences.

If I had to pick one ship, just based on the ship and the ship amenities, I would say that for me the least desirable ship would be the Majesty of the Seas.

My comment is based on very small cabins, no balcony cabins ( just suites) lack of specialty restaurants, and fewer dining options.

Sometimes a ship with fewer amenities may make up for it with terrific staff and crew.

Enjoy

M

We have sailed on Empress as well as Her Majesty (12 times) and Empress has very small cabins and to get a balcony you have to be in a JS or higher category. But the sailing we took on her was still a great sailing, mostly because of the staff and crew who make up for what the ship herself lacks.

In the end, it will all depend on what you are looking for on a ship and whether your expectations can be met by the ship.

I will also say we have sailed on Harmony, Allure, Freedom, Indy, Liberty, Navigator and Engagement. Each ship has their own style and vibe and it changes week by week depending upon the cruisers on board.

Good morning everyone. I wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to answer my question. We almost always travel for the ship first and itinerary second.

For example: there is an NCL ship that people are constantly complaining about, to the point that they would never step foot on her again...even if it was free.

The ship I am looking at has had quite a few negative things said about her and although the itinerary is one I was interested in, I really don't want to spend $$$ on a bad experience on the ship.

I have been on 5 RCCL ships and loved every one of them. (not loyal to any cruise line). We have loved them all for different reasons.

I find it funny that not one person mentioned the ship I am considering. I have decided to go for it!!!! Thank you again everyone and have a wonderful Sunday. :cool:

I find it funny that not one person mentioned the ship I am considering. I have decided to go for it!!!! Thank you again everyone and have a wonderful Sunday. :cool:

I don't get why this is such a big secret.:confused:

Put it this way, when I stepped on Explorer after 3 Indy cruises, I didn't really notice the size difference. The same would be true if I sail on Nav some time in the future.

I haven't been on Mariner since she was in PC. We sail her again next spring

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I don't get why this is such a big secret.:confused:

Not a secret at all. I just did not want to name her because I didn't want dozens of responses telling me how much they loved the ship. I was looking for a Transatlantic or Greek cruise for our retirement and the Brilliance has some very nice prices!!!! Thank you again for everyone's input.:cool:

We have sailed on Empress as well as Her Majesty (12 times) and Empress has very small cabins and to get a balcony you have to be in a JS or higher category. But the sailing we took on her was still a great sailing, mostly because of the staff and crew who make up for what the ship herself lacks.

In the end, it will all depend on what you are looking for on a ship and whether your expectations can be met by the ship.

I will also say we have sailed on Harmony, Allure, Freedom, Indy, Liberty, Navigator and Engagement. Each ship has their own style and vibe and it changes week by week depending upon the cruisers on board.

The ship I am looking at has had quite a few negative things said about her and although the itinerary is one I was interested in, I really don't want to spend $$$ on a bad experience on the ship.

I realized that when I listed the ships we have sailed on previously I left out Jewel.....and I should not have -- it was a wonderful and magical cruise for its own very special reasons (not from a personal romantic POV) - it just worked out that way, from things that pleasantly happened onboard.

But the real question that still needs to be answered by the OP is "What ship is involved that prompted you query?"

Not a secret at all. I just did not want to name her because I didn't want dozens of responses telling me how much they loved the ship. I was looking for a Transatlantic or Greek cruise for our retirement and the Brilliance has some very nice prices!!!! Thank you again for everyone's input.:cool:

We booked a Greek cruise several years ago and we heard a few negative things regarding the ship. There was even a thread going rejoicing in her departure from the fleet. It was the Splendour out of Venice. She was very small in comparison to the ship we had sailed on before, but we loved the itinerary. We found her to be a lovely ship with some of the best service we have ever had. We had a very memorable trip and plan on going again next year on Jewel.

I've sailed on Brilliance a couple of times, once in the Mediterranean, and it's definitely one of my favorite ships. Every ship has its own identity with different pluses. I would never be able to pick my least favorite, especially based on service, since this can change from cruise to cruise.

I was looking for a Transatlantic or Greek cruise for our retirement and the Brilliance has some very nice prices!!!! Thank you again for everyone's input.:cool:

That possibility is a good example of a well matched ship. We did a Greek cruise on the Rhapsody- and loved it a lot. Given that you are doing so many ports, the ship is very welcoming, and the fact that it does not have the big bells and whistles is not really important. And for cruises like that, the fact that she is smaller than the big ships is an advantage, as you can get to some smaller ports like Mikonos and Santorini.

I'm not sure I'd do a transatlantic on her, unless I had some other things to do. But that's where we match the ship with the kind of trip we want to take. If it were that cheap, I would take the chance. I remember seeing a trans Atlantic from San Juan that was as cheap as a 7 night cruise. That would be very tempting had we had the time to take it.

You might just want to mention which ship it is and cruisers can give you feedback if they've been on it. There's pros and cons for every ship. I think it's all about what's more important to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please disregard my post, I only read page one of four!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums