Can I bring a bottle back onboard from port?

Peppyr94

Pretty much not going to happen.

There are a few places you MIGHT get lucky on your initial boarding. If there are vending machines AFTER you go through the scanner but before you board, grab what you can.

At every port you can expect them to scan just as you step on the ship, so that will not work in those cases.

I have heard that if a bottle of alcohol is brought onboard after a port visit it is held till you arrive at homeport or the last night before disembark you can get it to take off in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

True for liquor. Not true for Cokes. Those are confiscated. Water is too.

I'm talking embarkation.

It is even more likely to be picked up on Embarkation Day. If you try to put it in your luggage then the luggage will be held till everyone is on board and you will be called to pick it up much later.

At an intermediate port you would have more chance even if a very small one!!!

Diehard Coke drinker... no Pepsi for me. Can I bring a bottle of coke back onboard from port? Will they confiscate it? Just one from the vending machine or souvenir shop?

You'll have to drink it up and get your fix before you reboard.

I'm afraid this is the BEST reply of all.

Drink up your fix before you re-board ..... ;p

I'm talking embarkation.

It is even more likely to be picked up on Embarkation Day. If you try to put it in your luggage then the luggage will be held till everyone is on board and you will be called to pick it up much later.

At an intermediate port you would have more chance even if a very small one!!!

Let me be more specific. I'm talking embarkation IF there is a vending machine after security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are often two lots of security, shoreside run by the "Port Authority" and the other shipside run by the Cruise Line. Even if there is anything after the shoreside security and before the shipside security the latter will pick it up.

If it is after both sets of security it will be on the boat.

Let me be more specific. I'm talking embarkation IF there is a vending machine after security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was getting on the breakaway after security in the terminal there were food vendors and a few vending machines with water and soda before heading on to the ship.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

I'm talking embarkation.

Yes, I know you were.

I just pointed out the difference, as the OP talked about taking bottles BACK onboard from port, which suggests they will have been onboard already, so I've been assuming that they are talking about ports of call.

We had no issues bringing a bottle of water or soda back on board the Getaway last week. The bottles were in our day bags and some were opened and some not. Everything went through the NCL scanners after our day in port and nothing was thrown out or confiscated. Of course we would have tossed them if asked to do so.

We brought back beverages in Warnemunde, Tallinn, St. Petersburg and Helsinki. It was close to all aboard time so maybe that made a difference, but it could also depend on the mood of the security staff that day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I would try it. If they want to destroy it or confiscate it, ask if they sell Coke on the ship. If they don't, I would argue that since you can't get it on the ship you should be able to return from port with it. I need that the security people wouldn't want to make a scene in front of other passengers over a bottle of pop that can't be purchased on the boat.

Worst case scenario look up the ingredients from both and perhaps you have an allergic reaction to something that is in Pepsi and not in Coke. I would then think you could make an argument for medical necessity.

Think outside of the box. The ridiculous rules and prices on some things make it worth your time to raise the issue.

I would try it. If they want to destroy it or confiscate it, ask if they sell Coke on the ship. If they don't, I would argue that since you can't get it on the ship you should be able to return from port with it. I need that the security people wouldn't want to make a scene in front of other passengers over a bottle of pop that can't be purchased on the boat.

Worst case scenario look up the ingredients from both and perhaps you have an allergic reaction to something that is in Pepsi and not in Coke. I would then think you could make an argument for medical necessity.

Think outside of the box. The ridiculous rules and prices on some things make it worth your time to raise the issue.

That sounds like a fantastic way to spend a holiday. :)

Can't you take a break from drinking Coke and indulge on the cocktails/highballs/froufrous/martinis/mojitos whilst on cruise??!!

Take a vacation! Don't take home to vacation! ;p:rolleyes: