Crown balconies

passy

Hi all!

I'm about to book a cruise on Crown Princess for the first time, standard balcony cabins. I'm not sure how much choice of cabin we will have but any advice welcome please re which deck or location is best! It looks as though we will be forward on deck 10, 11 or 12.

There are cabins on decks 14/15 but I'm guessing they may be quite noisy as they are slightly cheaper than decks 10/11/12?

Many thanks!

Zoe

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with the others... if you are booking a balcony cabin. The Caribe deck balconies are larger than any other balconies on the ship. I'm booked in a Caribe deck balcony on my next cruise but the one after that I'm in a Lido deck balcony. I don't mind that it's forward and it seems to me it will be in a very nice location as far as accessing the Lido services such as the pools, the grill, the pizza, the buffet, the ice cream, a couple of bars... :cool:

People seem to worry about being forward due to sea sickness issues. Trust me. I get sea sick in a rowboat. I get carsick on winding roads if I'm not the driver and try to do anything at all other than staring at the road and scenery. I use the TransdermScop patch. It's a little round Band-aid looking thing that goes behind my ear. I've weathered storms that sent the "iron stomach" folks to their cabins to lie down while I was having steak and lobster. Without the patch I couldn't last 5 minutes on a ship and a tender would destroy me. If you worry about motion in the forward cabins ask your doctor for assistance. You may not like the patch - some don't - but there are multiple things that can mitigate motion sickness.

We always book deck 10 aft, but forward is also nice. Be aware that Caribe deck balconies are 9'x9' with 5' covered and 4' uncovered. The balcony has two chairs, two foot stools and a high table. Balconies on other decks with few exceptions are 9'x5' and fully covered.

Thanks easyboy but only forward cabins left on deck 10...

Grab a Caribe deck balcony if there is one available.

We have no issues forward on Caribe deck.

If not grab a Riviera deck balcony in the 700's. Close to the aft doors out to the Terrace Pool and 1 deck up to the HC buffet. We have not had noise issues from the carpeted area of the HC above.

just spent 2 weeks in deck 11 balcony, almost the last one at the aft of the ship. slight movement when in English channel sailing towards bay of biscay.....I do mean slight as I get seasick, but I was fine. lots of room for us and only 2 decks down from rear pool/lido buffet entrance, plus short walk to rear lifts to go to Botticelli dining room. I would book it again anyway.

Thanks all - we booked a cruise on Royal in the end!! [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well... I guess that ends the discussion of the larger balconies! There's no need to worry as you will definitely have a small balcony. Enjoy your cruise and have a wonderful time. Cruising certainly beats working. (Of course I no longer work so...;p)