Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

^ The homeporting idea sounds like it may take some traffic from Sydney.

The notion is fine but will passengers prefer the Newcastle area to the iconic views of Sydney Harbour.

I fear homeporting will only be attractive to Newcastle/Central Coast residents :(

I have been away on Freedom so missed 20-odd pages!

I will try to catch up but are there any thoughts of which ships will be based in Southampton? Will Dubai ever be back on the schedule? (I am showing my age here but this sounds like the 1970/80 comedy "Soap" "Find out on the next episode of Soap!")

From the other perspective, we were booked on the Ovation repo Sydney to Singapore, we are now on Explorer for one day longer, slightly better itinerary, but without the ship's bells and whistles.

All we were offered in the UK was transfer to Explorer at protected price for similar cabin grade plus 200USD as OBC, or free cancellation. We reluctantly took the Explorer as the cruise is part of our slow trip home, but good deal it isn't as Ovation was already at premium prices for a better ship.

So basically the two ships swap itineraries from late March 19, except that RCL have taken the opportunity to split the original long TP into two cruises at Honolulu, thus making serious bucks from the changes!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't call Ovation a better ship.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I am with you on this! Royal is trying to make me book 2 cruises when I had booked one. And only offering 20% of the price I had ( which we know is cheaper) only once.:loudcry:

Might have to call their bluff and get off in Honolulu and treat myself to a Hawaii land vacation.;p

Denise

I’d rather see Hawaii on land than doing a day on this island and a day on that island. To me, Hawaii is a go and stay place. It’s part of why we haven’t booked a full TP

I’d rather see Hawaii on land than doing a day on this island and a day on that island. To me, Hawaii is a go and stay place. It’s part of why we haven’t booked a full TP
Hi Internetwhiz [emoji16]

Yes, plus I have already done the 5 island Hawaii cruise on Carnival several years ago. Plus RCCL will probably only do Honolulu and Maui.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I agree, Karen! If we decide to do a TP, it will probably just be as far as Hawaii. We would stay on one of the islands for 5-7 days pre or post cruise.:cool:

One of our best land/sea vacations was a week on Oahu (5 nights pre-cruise on the North Shore at Turtle Bay and 2 nights post cruise in Waikiki) with the NCL 7 night cruise on POA. With the overnights in Maui and Kauai we felt we got to see and do a lot more than if we had just touched the surface of a few ports.

Did the Hawaii land vacation, bored to tears after a couple days. Just my opinion

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Did the Hawaii land vacation, bored to tears after a couple days. Just my opinion

Oh my, NEVER. I’ll take Maui with Kaanapali Beach, sunrise at Haleakala crater, and snorkeling with schools of Moorish Idols near Molokini Islands, waterfalls, fresh fruit on the roadside, and Mama’s Fish House over a cruise ship with one day stops, everyday and Sunday, anytime.

Oh my, NEVER. I’ll take Maui with Kaanapali Beach, sunrise at Haleakala crater, and snorkeling with schools of Moorish Idols near Molokini Islands, waterfalls, fresh fruit on the roadside, and Mama’s Fish House over a cruise ship with one day stops, everyday and Sunday, anytime.

You could do all of those things on an overnight cruise stop in Maui, then go helicopter riding the next day over an active volcano on the big island, and follow that up with a visit to the Na Pali coast in Kauai the following day. Man, cruising is the way to go!

Interesting- yet spending several weeks on the same ship with the same menus and daily activities doesn't bore you?:cool:

It's just to expensive and I end up cutting back as the week goes on.

$100 for dinner, $30 a day to valet park a rental, $50 for two chairs and an umbrella. $10 for a beer. No thanks.

I live on a beach. I get all the sunrises and sunsets I need.

5b706b5305d5eb170281066fc57319d8.jpg

f5940bf49087604a6493684c51083152.jpg

22216058d348a7c8abc3415ab23d4e92.jpg

0d87858643d534d786184aedde73c617.jpg

I live on a beach. I get all the sunrises and sunsets I need.

5b706b5305d5eb170281066fc57319d8.jpg

f5940bf49087604a6493684c51083152.jpg

22216058d348a7c8abc3415ab23d4e92.jpg

0d87858643d534d786184aedde73c617.jpg

Most of us don’t. When we go, we get a hotel package with a car, and we go around the island on our own. Really not expensive at all. I just like some vacations where you aren’t hustling back to the ship every night. Especially in Maui where you have the joy of tendering. Most places I’m ok with cruising. Some places a cruise won’t do for me. My last post on this. Sorry for hijacking the Deployment thread.

It's just to expensive and I end up cutting back as the week goes on.

$100 for dinner, $30 a day to valet park a rental, $50 for two chairs and an umbrella. $10 for a beer. No thanks.

No all-inclusives on Hawaii?

Agree whole heartedly. Ideal for land to sea or sea to land adventure :D

Even so, have you never ported somewhere and thought "one day is just not long enough".

Splitting the TP gives each criuser the option of BTB, or as few or many land days as they wish. :D

There's a big hole in the Oasis 2019 schedule. Is it safe to assume that there will be a TA to Miami about 2 weeks before the Miami cruises shown begin?

Roy

During the summer period May - October 2019, she will be sailing out of Barcelona on 7 night Med sailings, and she will be drydocked in Europe as well.

BTW: The cruise call list of Geirangerfjord (Norway) has been updated today, and now shows Explorer of the Seas the 17th of Sep 2019.

Seems RCI has changed the plans again, not to deploy Voyager out of Southampton, but Explorer.

Edited by shipfriend_max

Even so, have you never ported somewhere and thought "one day is just not long enough".

Splitting the TP gives each criuser the option of BTB, or as few or many land days as they wish. :D

So far Naples was way to short. I'll probably feel the same with St Petersburg this summer.

What schedule/dates are you looking at? We're interested in dates of both Oasis transatlantics.

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

Looks like Oasis last sailing out of Port Canaveral ends May 5, and the first one out of Miami begins November 10. If she spends that entire gap in Europe and does the typical 12-day transatlantic then the eastbound would be May 5-17 and the westbound would be about October 29-November 10. I usually prefer westbound cruise ship transatlantics because I prefer to sail the other direction on QM2 which usually is still on her World Cruise for the normal eastbound transatlantic season.

I think this year either of those dates could work for me, OM2 has a westbound June 3 which would leave me about 2 weeks to play around in Europe, and an eastbound October 18 which would fit an October 29 TA as well.

Roy

unless that Explorer booking is a placeholder for something else.

I doubt it, because before the updates Navigator was listed, after another update it was Voyager, which is now replaced by Explorer again.

Let's see how the other cruise lists will look like in the next days/weeks, if Voyager will also be replaced by Explorer (such as Gibraltar or Le Havre).