Cookies free at gelato place Summit ?

bryanjaync

My 90 year old Dad will spend half of the cruise hunting for cookies, usually at the Oceanview buffet type place. Saw pix of the gelato area on the Summit with large jars of cookies? Free or for-charge ?

Would be nice if I could point him to free cookies on Day One.

I have cruised 35 times on Celebrity (6 in the last year) and have never been asked to buy a coffee first or otherwise have to pay for the cookies. Not saying it didn't happen, but has never been our experience and is not supposed to be that way. Cookies have always been free. Besides Café Al Bacio and perhaps the gelato station (never go there so can't comment) they are also sometimes available in the buffet, and sometimes by the ice cream near the buffet.

Buffet and Café , No need to make a purchase. I asked at the gelato place and was told that they were so they could make their ice cream desserts and was not given a cookie. Can't see how they could refuse a 90 year old man....

Recently did a 10-day on Summit. Usually no staff at the gelato venue. Cafe al Baccio is just thirty feet away. All sorts of cake, cookies, muffins, breakfast baked goods. All were complementary. Step up and ask for what you want!

There is also a smaller selection of complementary cookies at the ice cream counter in the buffet.

Cookies and cakes are usually free at cafe Al bacio. Sometimes however I have heard they make you buy a coffee first[emoji2]

Never had that experience on any X ship.....every day I would go to Cafe al bacio and get anywhere from 2-6 cookies, which my husband and I would eat on our balcony after dinner....I was never asked to buy anything....don't remember seeing them at gelato stand and I visited there several times...very good (but not free) gelato.

Buffet and Café , No need to make a purchase. I asked at the gelato place and was told that they were so they could make their ice cream desserts and was not given a cookie. Can't see how they could refuse a 90 year old man....

You must have encountered a newbie. We've picked up cookies from the gelato stand on several cruises.

We were twice told by the person behind the Gelato stand on two different S Class ship's that the cookies there were only for paid for gelato and cookie sandwiches and that the free cookies were at Cafe Al Bacio. Have ALWAYS seen cookies on the Buffet, S Class or M Class. Usually, the cookies chase me:), I don't have to chase them.