Rci app

So / is there really no replacement for Royal IQ for onboard chat/text besides full priced VOOM?

Hope they get that fixed before our April Symphony cruise...really counting on this to keep up with the kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So / is there really no replacement for Royal IQ for onboard chat/text besides full priced VOOM?

If texting only occasionally, you can text at 50 cents for each sent and 5 cents received.

Biker, who thinks RCI is in no hurry to add the promised texting feature to the app.

If texting only occasionally, you can text at 50 cents for each sent and 5 cents received.

Biker, who thinks RCI is in no hurry to add the promised texting feature to the app.

Haha - no such thing as the ‘occasional’ text when it comes to keeping up with tweens...they would prefer to communicate with us via text even if we are standing 5 feet apart!

Now - if I was RCI - I probably would not be rushing to offer the onboard texting for $8/week...but closer to $20/25week..or $50/stateroom..I don’t want my kids to have actual voom though!

Now - if I was RCI - I probably would not be rushing to offer the onboard texting for $8/week...but closer to $20/25week..or $50/stateroom..

I am sure that RCI is pleased to read that.

Tried out the App on the Symphony last week. Let´s say it like this... other cruise lines have better apps. You don´t get the full cruise daily but selected stuff. You don´t get the folio (or at least we didn´t find it). You do get your personal reservations... but you have to find them. During the cruise was an update. Those who did it had to log in new - and not only once but several times. I didn´t update the app (because I heard the problems). Some got stuck in the app because it forced them to update (which you can´t when you don´t have Voom).

The content was more or less useless in my opinion.

steamboats

Tried out the App on the Symphony last week. Let´s say it like this... other cruise lines have better apps. You don´t get the full cruise daily but selected stuff. You don´t get the folio (or at least we didn´t find it). You do get your personal reservations... but you have to find them. During the cruise was an update. Those who did it had to log in new - and not only once but several times. I didn´t update the app (because I heard the problems). Some got stuck in the app because it forced them to update (which you can´t when you don´t have Voom).

The content was more or less useless in my opinion.

steamboats

You can update without VOOM if you really need to. I had to do it when I was on Allure. However, it took about a half hour. And it wasn't really worth it as I agree the content was pretty useless.

I just opened it, signed in, ask for my reservation(Oasis 10/27) said too far out try again at a closer date. before it was updated it would only show the current & next 2 sailing for select ships which I think were Enchantment, Serenade, Allure & Oasis.

Same here, mine shows our Dec allure, Feb Enchantment, april Allure, and Sept and Dec 2019 Symphony cruises, but cannot do anything in them at this time. Shows all the cruises that are not yet available - all my Mariner cruises, Harmony, Navigator and Freedom.

Will be interesting to see how this works once I can actually get into my Allure cruise

You can update without VOOM if you really need to. I had to do it when I was on Allure. However, it took about a half hour. And it wasn't really worth it as I agree the content was pretty useless.

I did have VOOM but as others told me that they had problems after the update I didn´t. But I had one person in my group who said he couldn´t update without having VOOM.

steamboats

• 5 weeks later...

I downloaded the RCI app from the google play store but I am not able to logon. Why I try to sign in I keep getting the following message " Sorry, we hit a snag. we're unable to complete your request, so please try again later". Does this happen to anyone else?.

• 1 month later...

From today's RCCL earnings call, from the RCI blog:

Of particular interest to Royal Caribbean cruisers is an update was given on the progress being made with the cruise line's new smart phone app and technology innovation, known as Project Excalibur.

Fain offered an update on where the project stands, and seemed bullish on the prospects of rolling the app out to most ships in the fleet by the end of 2019, as well as the progress being made. There were no specific updates in terms of when certain functionality will be completed, but it did sound like they wanted to get it right the first time, instead of just pushing out an app that may or may not work well.

"The program is on track and the progress is impressive. We have taken a methodical, hands-on approach to this implementation, rolling out new upgrades on a monthly basis or even more frequently. We're finding that this 'softly softly' approach allows us to move more quickly, but also to correct the errors early before they impact a lot of vacations.

We continually add features to the app, and we remain on our trajectory of having half the fleet connected by the end of this year and most of the rest by the end of next year.

The most complete version of the app today is on Symphony of the Seas, and in December, that distinction will be taken over by Celebrity Edge.

One interesting milestone is the introduction of frictionless arrival. We have been rolling this out on a limited basis and expect that it will be operational on a large scale basis on Symphony of the Seas and on Celebrity Edge later this fall.

By the way, we recently trademarked the term 'frictionless', so don't expect to see that being used by any other cruise line."

V 1.9 out yesterday.

Besides the online check in, the changes mentioned are on board dining reservation and cancellation (not sure if that means MDR) and for the first time I've seen, ability to check the on board account.

No new ships, nor the much anticipated texting feature noted.

• 2 weeks later...
That is normally on sale in the planner for at least 20% off ($16/day) but many times the discount is even more.

It did finally go down to $16...and drink package plus zoom is $64...hopefully they go down a little more..

Indy added to the app. This seems to be the pattern now, the version goes up and a couple of days later a ship is added without mention of it in the version change. Two ships added in August -maybe a sign that development is picking up pace after a pause since Symphony in March.

Give it time, the data for each day will be refined as you get closer to departure. I am on the Symphony TA, but day 11 still show us arriving in Rome instead of Port Canaveral. Others portions tho are starting to show correct information, like shows/entertainment. We are 50+ days out and anxious to see the full/correct itinerary.