Rci app

On 10/6/2018 at 8:41 PM, deepcman said:

Who builds a messaging app with no notification features. There is absolutely no notification of any kind when you receive a message.

Also, as one users screen goes dark they appear as offline but messages still go through but they're not notified so you need to keep checking you phone. Offline doesn't really mean offline. If their app isn't open then the message doesn't go through.

If you try to link to someone in another cabin you need their name, b-day and reservation number. Then they need to complete the same info using your data to complete the link.

We had IT folks from corporate on this cruise but I wasn't impressed as they spent more time defending the app rather than looking for improvement suggestions. I told one that they should send her on a Carnival cruise to see what a useful app looks like. She just smiled.

I guess you get what you pay for and since this is free don't have high expectations.

Our only point of reference is the Carnival app from last year which I thought was really helpful. We will have 11 people cruising in 5 staterooms with at least 4 reservation numbers. If we put the time into linking everyone can you have "group chats" or is it just all individual messages? If someone is offline you can still send a message and then they will see it the next time they open the app correct? I don't want to pay for all that internet just to use iMessage if it's not necessary. TIA!

There are no group chats so its individual messages. If you send a message when someone is offline they'll see it the next time they open the app. The app is totally free including messaging so the only thing you'll be investing is your vacation time.

• Thanks 1

It appears the latest update only has the first 4 days of my reservations listed on the calendar and still no way to link reservations with guests from other staterooms 😞  We're cruising in 18 days...really hope they get their act together soon!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, DramaQueen22 said:

I really hope they get this going fleet wide soon.  Scheduled to cruise on Navigator OTS in May 2019.  My last 2 cruises were on Carnival, which uses their Hub app.  Great for keeping track of activities and shows.

It was available in on the last three sailing I had, yes it was functional on Majesty. Of the three, only the EN had the capability of seeing the onboard account. I sure hope this thing gets more functional, because as of now I have not seen it do anything as good as the CCL Hub app, and the last time I used that was in January of 2017.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:47 AM, Biker19 said:

App bumped to v 1.12. The update text mentions a new "Hungry now?" feature which displays real time menus and which venues are open.

I assume a new ship will be added soon.

How are you getting update texts? Is this something you sign up for somewhere?

From the RC Blog:

While onboard Royal Caribbean's Symphony of the Seas, we had the chance to get an update on what new features are coming to its smart phone app.

The app team held a demo and talk for members of the media while on Symphony of the Seas and shed light on a few new features coming to the app.

app-1.jpg?itok=OEPTNeoP

They team demoed guest messaging, which is currently being tested on Allure of the Seas. They indicated that they are looking to improve the ease at which guests connect with each other by using a code unique to each guest.  

They are looking to balance the need for privacy from other guests, combined with the need to make the app easy to use.

Speaking of chat, the team estimated the new chat feature could reach Symphony of the Seas sometime in the first quarter.

app-2.jpg?itok=Ajpp0pUF

Speaking of chat, Royal Caribbean plans to add something they call "Ship to Guest messaging" where not only can guests chat with other guests, but get messages from the ship.  

They avoided calling it a chatbot, for fear of coming off as a gimmicky feature that lacks usability.  Instead, they are developing a feature that allows guests to quickly get assistance with different requests.

Another new feature will be the ability to view and rate shore excursions via the app.  Royal Caribbean not only wants to allow guests to book shore excursions, but get meaningful feedback on tours and allow guests to share their experiences.

The team was asked about moderating the reviews, but they indicated the key is to keep the reviews authentic and not watered down.  

Royal Caribbean also wants to make dining easier on its ships by allowing guests to view menus and even place orders. 

In addition, allowing guests to indicate stateroom changes and directly work with stateroom attendants to allow guests to set preferences for their upcoming stay.

Royal Caribbean shared some of their plans for having the ability for guests to order drinks via the app. The plan now is to first roll out that feature at Perfect Day at CocoCay, then expand to certain areas of the ship and finally expand to more areas of a ship.

• Like 1

The cruise won't show up till within about 90 days of sailing - assuming the app supports your ship (the unsupported ships' bookings are grayed out).

The reservation portion I think only works on board and perhaps not all ships.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The cruise won't show up till within about 90 days of sailing - assuming the app supports your ship (the unsupported ships' bookings are grayed out).

The reservation portion I think only works on board and perhaps not all ships.

I am on board Serenade right now and I guess the reservation part does not work. Thanks I thought I needed some secret trick.

• 2 weeks later...