Rci app

On 1/10/2019 at 11:49 AM, FloridaMac said:

I tried that again just now.  Swiping doesn't work.  I'm on the Android app are you using an Apple?

I'm using Android on the Allure right now and swiping does work after you are on board. It didn't work for me before boarding. I'm guessing it's because the schedule is tentative before boarding.

Also, the messaging has notifications on Android at least. My wife and I have used it a few times. I have the internet package on my device, she doesn't but messaging has worked well and we receive a notification on our phones when messages come in.

On 12/24/2017 at 10:31 AM, nursemom2 said:

Thanks Bob, I found it.... We are on the Oasis 1/14.... I wonder if we will be able to use it, and if the 4 of us can text each other.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Were you able to use it on your sailing?

On 1/14/2019 at 10:10 PM, ProvoAggie said:

I'm using Android on the Allure right now and swiping does work after you are on board. It didn't work for me before boarding. I'm guessing it's because the schedule is tentative before boarding.

Also, the messaging has notifications on Android at least. My wife and I have used it a few times. I have the internet package on my device, she doesn't but messaging has worked well and we receive a notification on our phones when messages come in.

How does the messaging work? Do you use phone numbers to reach each other just like normal texting? Thanks!

How does the messaging work? Do you use phone numbers to reach each other just like normal texting? Thanks!
The messaging happens completely within the Royal Caribbean app. It requires you to be connected to either the ships free WiFi or Voom. Even if you do the free WiFi, you need to open your browser to login. Once in the app, messaging is launched from the Beta Messaging icon in the top corner. When I loaded it, my wife was already listed and you could add other people with some of their information. If someone shows as offline it means that they aren't connected to the ship WiFi so they can't be reached. Other than that it works like pretty normal messaging. Here are some screenshots.18de0b6e4638758a3ae37a87382a7830.jpgade439519955d24dd46d19f4d864032c.jpg042a505773f0279b6239740d57a38a8d.jpg0cd9b753a66c71f4c3d5c3b935780e9a.jpg1ee6345f186230b3cfb1538176e9f57d.jpg308cc2c087ef2465e64de5d8600096eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ProvoAggie said:

The messaging happens completely within the Royal Caribbean app. It requires you to be connected to either the ships free WiFi or Voom. Even if you do the free WiFi, you need to open your browser to login. Once in the app, messaging is launched from the Beta Messaging icon in the top corner. When I loaded it, my wife was already listed and you could add other people with some of their information. If someone shows as offline it means that they aren't connected to the ship WiFi so they can't be reached. Other than that it works like pretty normal messaging. Here are some screenshots.18de0b6e4638758a3ae37a87382a7830.jpgade439519955d24dd46d19f4d864032c.jpg042a505773f0279b6239740d57a38a8d.jpg0cd9b753a66c71f4c3d5c3b935780e9a.jpg1ee6345f186230b3cfb1538176e9f57d.jpg308cc2c087ef2465e64de5d8600096eb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the detailed answer!  I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but this app stuff is new to me.  When I loaded the app on my husband's phone it comes up with my name because I am the one that has an account with RCL.  I am wondering if that will cause a problem when we try to text each other.  If so, I will remove the app from his phone and try to figure out how to load it under his name.  Thanks for your help!  It is hard to figure this stuff out when the app acts differently when you aren't on the ship!

7 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

Thank you for the detailed answer!  I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but this app stuff is new to me.  When I loaded the app on my husband's phone it comes up with my name because I am the one that has an account with RCL.  I am wondering if that will cause a problem when we try to text each other.  If so, I will remove the app from his phone and try to figure out how to load it under his name.  Thanks for your help!  It is hard to figure this stuff out when the app acts differently when you aren't on the ship!

You definitely want to create an account for him as well. I actually logged in with my account on my wifes phone at first and messaging didn't work. You don't need to completely remove the app though. To logout, from the home page click on the person icon at the top (the one on the right). From there, tap the gear next to your name and then scroll down and tap Sign out. This should let you sign in with another account. I actually think you can create an account right from the app.  

Also, I don't know why my screenshots are all different sizes in the previous post. I just uploaded them all from Tapatalk.

I love Royal. I am very loyal but do travel with friends and family on cruises they book with other lines. ALL the ones I am in charge of are on Royal. But this is an area they are behind. Last year we sailed on Carnival and they had a shipboard app, called the HUB, that allowed communication between each other and viewing of the daily activities, a ship location map, view menus, do your check-in, even has a count down clock, all with NO internet connection.  There might be more. That is all I can remember. If they can do it, Royal should be able to do it too. I am waiting for a fleet-wide rollout and am anxiously looking forward to using it!

10 minutes ago, sandy toes said:

I love Royal. I am very loyal but do travel with friends and family on cruises they book with other lines. ALL the ones I am in charge of are on Royal. But this is an area they are behind. Last year we sailed on Carnival and they had a shipboard app, called the HUB, that allowed communication between each other and viewing of the daily activities, a ship location map, view menus, do your check-in, even has a count down clock, all with NO internet connection.  There might be more. That is all I can remember. If they can do it, Royal should be able to do it too. I am waiting for a fleet-wide rollout and am anxiously looking forward to using it!

This app does pretty much all of that. It also works pretty well. We've been using it all week for deck maps, planning activities, making reservations, messaging each other and looking at menus. We also used it for check in and it had our set sail pass in it.

So am I reading this thread right?  There is NO free messaging on the Symphony, or most of the Royal fleet???  How is that possible?  Disney has had free messaging on their app for years.  Messaging that works on the ships AND their private island.  Holland America had free messaging on their app when we sailed to Alaska this summer.  How can Royal be SO far behind the times?  That's really disappointing!

8 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

So am I reading this thread right?  There is NO free messaging on the Symphony, or most of the Royal fleet???  How is that possible?  Disney has had free messaging on their app for years.  Messaging that works on the ships AND their private island.  Holland America had free messaging on their app when we sailed to Alaska this summer.  How can Royal be SO far behind the times?  That's really disappointing!

Yes you are reading the thread right.

Currently only the Allure has free texting although by end of the year all or the vast majority of ships are supposed to have it.

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Currently only the Allure has free texting although by end of the year all or the vast majority of ships are supposed to have it.

Texting was 7.95 USD for the Royal IQ app. And I doubt that it will stay free. As soon as the beta version is gone and it´s implemented for all ships there will be a fee. Carnival charges 5 USD, NCL is charging. Only with Disney it´s for free.

steamboats

2 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Texting was 7.95 USD for the Royal IQ app. And I doubt that it will stay free. As soon as the beta version is gone and it´s implemented for all ships there will be a fee. Carnival charges 5 USD, NCL is charging. Only with Disney it´s for free.

steamboats

I’ll disagree with you on that.  I think that the texting will remain free.  Time will tell.

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That’s what they said last year.  I guess they didn’t specify the end of what year they would all have it.

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

Holland America offers free texting.  

Using the Royal app onboard Harmony of the Seas last week I found the design of the app to be dreadful.

There was no texting within the app as of yet.

We had a group of about 20. Most did not buy an internet package. Those who had iPhones were able to connect to the WiFi for free and text each other and anyone else in the world who had an iOS device with iMessage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...