Do you take on a cruise a carry-on luggage/bag? If so what do you pack in it?

Ziggy7

For probably 80% of all of my vacations, regardless of length or locale, I just pack in a carry-on bag. Never saw the need to do more than that. I've never taken more on a cruise. I had a bigger bag for winter vacations because, well, once you pack your ski boots and helmet, there isn't much room left in a carryon for anything else ;)

We take 4 large suitcases and each of us take a carry-on suitcase -- wheels!!

Two medical bags, camera equipment, snacks, a case with all the hotel arrangements, flights and cruise materials go into the carry-ons.

That's for the eight of you, correct? ;)

We generally have six large suitcases and two carry - on bags. If we are just doing a Caribbean cruise we can get away with five. Two large bags each and one for all our swimming and snorkel gear. And now that we live here in FL and generally catch the ships here I don't even worry about how much we pack. On our HAL cruises we would do laundry at least once a week, but now that we have free laundry so we send clothing out every day. I am impressed by anyone who just packs a carry - on bag, but I finally realized that will never be me. I can't stand the thought of putting on something that has already been worn, so consequently it has to be laundered.

We take 4 large suitcases and each of us take a carry-on suitcase -- wheels!!

Two medical bags, camera equipment, snacks, a case with all the hotel arrangements, flights and cruise materials go into the carry-ons.

Good to see you again!!!

We travel in the fall from the north, so we need some winter gear, we check a bag each, then use a roll carry on and a shoulder carry on for the extras. When we leave from the hotel to the ship, I pack as much as I can into my roll carry on and shoulder bag, and leave the winter gear, formal wear and shoes in the larger checked bag. So when we get to our cabin I can literally unpack and be done with it, and when the larger bags come, I can just hang up that stuff and shove the suitcase under the bed. Done.

WoW! I am impressed with those who cruise with just a carry on! I was trying to just use luggage and not a carry on also (by just taking a large bag with all important stuff in it), but I don't see this happening now! Thanks for the help everyone!

Everyone does their own thing and has their own requirements.

Since retiring we travel frequently and only take a 20" carry on each whether we are away for a week or for 2-3 months. Cruises included in the extended timeframes.

There is no right way to travel. Just do what suits your personal requirements and preferences.

The only item that does not go in the carry on is our ipad.

Edited by iancal