Door signs

beachgal58

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

In the interest of guest and crew safety, the following stateroom decoration policies will be instituted and strictly enforced:

• Decorations may consist only of fire retardant materials. Please note that items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable
  • Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings
  • You may use magnets or Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue.
  • Over-the-door hanging organizers must hang inside the stateroom, must also be of fire retardant material and cannot damage the door
  • No decorations of any kind are allowed on balconies
  • No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite
  • No string lights of any kind are allowed

For the safety of all guests and crew, any decorations not made of fire retardant material or deemed flammable, will be removed and no compensation will be provided.

• 3 weeks later...
any suggestions on what Flame Retardant materials we can use?

Would like to know also. We only put ONE sign up with our names and cruise history on 8x11 paper on door. I can't see HOW this could POSSIBLY cause a fire hazard, but them's the rules! Also, does anyone know if Sunshine and Pride's doors are magnetic? I always use scotch tape. Have never left a "residue" and if I ever did I'd certainly clean it off, but them's the rules (again!) :confused::o;p

Personally, I like to decorate the door. The main reason is I get turned around so easy on the ship and sometimes get the numbers for the room mixed up. Seeing the door decoration assures me even a few doors down that I am in the right place. I am less likely to put my key card in someone else's door.

Also, does anyone know if Sunshine and Pride's doors are magnetic? :confused::o;p

I can guarantee you that the doors are not magnetic.

Can you imagine all the metal objects that would fly around and stick to the door. Kind of be funny seeing people with all sorts of piercings hanging from the door.

Can you imagine all the metal objects that would fly around and stick to the door. Kind of be funny seeing people with all sorts of piercings hanging from the door.

I think she meant metal. I'm not sure on that one though. :')

I think she meant metal. I'm not sure on that one though. :')

LOL......okay, I am not a scientific person and I figured a door had to be magnetic for magnets to stick to it! :confused: So to rephrase, does anyone know if the doors are able to sustain the weight and suction of a magnet so that I can hang ONE SINGLE 8X11 piece of paper on it, so that I do not damage the beautiful doors with sticky Walmart brand scotch tape and said piece of paper is hopefully fireproof so as not to start any flames. :eek: (sarcasm intended but NOT intended to FLAME Carnival whose rules I respect! :cool:)

I do not understand door decorating?

I have never seen it at a hotel on land so wonder why it seems important to do it on a ship???

Fires are really serious on a ship so I hope folks abide by the fire safety rules!

I think it has to do with vanity (look at me!), Any other reasons given (I get lost easily, my kids can find the cabin, we're celebrating something, etc, etc) are rationalizations.