Upgrades

Jenna2407

Are upgrades ever offered to UK guests? We are travelling on the glory in jan... i would love a balcony room. Are cheaper upgrades offered nearer the time?

And I'm not cheap but this will be my 4th holiday in 6 months so budget concious 😂

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Free upgrades are not offered to anyone unless Carnival has a need for your cabin.

Free upgrades are not offered to anyone unless Carnival has a need for your cabin.

I didn't say free 🤔🤔🤔 i Clearly said cheap? As in are lower price upgrades offered.

I don't know whether to just bite the bullet and pay for one... or hope they reduce the price nearer sailing time?

It's not an upGRADE if you have to pay for it.

In england whether you pay for not its an upgrade.

For example we have upgraded to premium economy in nov (paid upgrade) if we were to receive a free one we would just simply say a free upgrade.

an act of upgrading something < oxford dictionary meaning.

In england whether you pay for not its an upgrade.

For example we have upgraded to premium economy in nov (paid upgrade) if we were to receive a free one we would just simply say a free upgrade.

an act of upgrading something < oxford dictionary meaning.

Sorry forgot this

raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

Says nothing about payable or not in the dictionary.

Why people have to get so upity I'll never know 😂😂

Are upgrades ever offered to UK guests? We are travelling on the glory in jan... i would love a balcony room. Are cheaper upgrades offered nearer the time?

And I'm not cheap but this will be my 4th holiday in 6 months so budget concious 😂

If you want a balcony so bad why don't you've just pay the difference now and upgrade? ANd then you can check for price drops afterwards.

If you really want a balcony, you should just get one. Chances are very slim they would upgrade you.

We always get a balcony as I spend hours out there, for us it's totally worth the extra cost from an inside or ocean view.

man, this can be a tough crowd...bottom line is that it is not the usual thing to get a call regarding an upsell or an upgrade.

I know right 😂

Thankyou, thats all i wanted to know. Wasnt after a freebie.

I think i will go ahead and upgrade before we go.

Carnival changed it's sales strategy. Prices tend to be higher now the closer it gets to sail date because Carnival is trying to encourage customers to book early. There are very few last minute sales. If you see a price you're comfortable with for a balcony cabin, I'd jump on it since it's unlikely the price will drop. Hope it works out for you.

I know right [emoji23]

Thankyou, thats all i wanted to know. Wasnt after a freebie.

I think i will go ahead and upgrade before we go.

I think that is the best plan, as you get closer to your sailing, see what is available, do a mock booking, if they have the rooms still available, I would call and see what they would do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have cruised Carnival 19 times, called once to pay for upgrade to grand suite for $200 each person in cabin ( 4 of us). It was a reduced price for grand suite but upsell none the less. We took it, figured we would never have another chance for the grand suite again at that price.

Sent from my iPad using Forums