Adapters/converter

lrockwitt

Can anyone give me advice on what kind of adapter/converter to buy traveling to Europe? I need to charge my phone and also to use hair dryer/flat iron. I once used an adapter I bought and it blew the circuit breaker in the hotel and fried my flat iron. I need to make sure I get the right one. Traveling to Copenhagen for a few days before our cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Google it. I believe that in Denmark you will need not only an adapter but also a voltage converter. Once you determine exactly what you need you should be able to find it on Amazon.

Check the label on your device. Look for 100-240v and 50-60 Hz. If you don't see this then you will need something to step the 240v down so you don't fry things.

I just checked my hair dryer and it is dual voltage as are some of the everyday curling/flats irons etc. You might want to check to make sure you need more than just an adapter for yours. My iphone, ipad, macbook, and my husband's pc are all automatic dual voltage so we haven't needed a converter at all (and have been in Europe for months at a time during the last 3 years).

Can anyone give me advice on what kind of adapter/converter to buy traveling to Europe? I need to charge my phone and also to use hair dryer/flat iron. I once used an adapter I bought and it blew the circuit breaker in the hotel and fried my flat iron. I need to make sure I get the right one. Traveling to Copenhagen for a few days before our cruise.

First a flat iron is No No on the ship. The voltage in many countries is Europe is 220VAC unlike 120VAC in the US and Canada. That maybe why you blew the breaker and burned out your flat oron.

First a flat iron is No No on the ship. The voltage in many countries is Europe is 220VAC unlike 120VAC in the US and Canada. That maybe why you blew the breaker and burned out your flat oron.
A flat iron is not a clothing iron. Like a curling iron, it straightens rather than curls hair. Shouldn't be a problem on the ship. I've used my curling iron many, many times.

This looks like an excellent travel converter. https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Adapter-World-Charging-Station/dp/B00RYVAF4Y/ref=pd_sim_23_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JHP3V4EBCETAXXVMR133

For 110v-240v appliances a simple plug adapter will work. For 110v only things, you'll need a converter with the proper wattage.

DD lived in Rome for a few years. Many of her US all of her computers and most of her hair appliances were dual voltage. There was one odd curling iron that needed a converter.

We use this

https://www.rei.com/product/775157/rei-co-op-adapter-plug-e106-europe-and-asia

and have bought some in Europe.