How strict are they with age on kids programs?

kaangel

We will be going on the Escape 5/2018. My DD will be 9 1/2 and DS 10 1/2. I see the age cut off is 6-9 yo and 10-12. I know my daughter will not want to do programs without her big brother. What are the odds she can do the 10-12 program?

No flexibility at all. On our last cruise, 2 of my 3 girls were within a month of the next age group, and they were unable to switch.

She should be fine though, as anyone 3-12 seems to do most things together.

ZERO.

And you want to know why? (no actual facts to back this up of course).

One day, some 9.5 year old was in the 10+ group. And a 11 year old smacked the 9.5 year old. The resulting lawsuit by parents that always want to blame somebody else meant NCL lost the case because they allowed the age difference.

You can change the ages, old/younger, etc., but the same result happens.

They are covering their you know what.

Just life these days.

We will be going on the Escape 5/2018. My DD will be 9 1/2 and DS 10 1/2. I see the age cut off is 6-9 yo and 10-12. I know my daughter will not want to do programs without her big brother. What are the odds she can do the 10-12 program?

They will not put them in the same group.

Last year on the inspiration they let my 6yo move down to the 5yo group where others in our group were. They did say that if it got to be a problem they may move him back but it never came up. Isn't 10yo when they are allowed to sign themselves in and out? I can see moving kids down but not up.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Very strict; why? because where would they draw the line?

They MAY allow your DS to move down. Not likely to let the younger one move up. The club's activities are really spot on for the age groups. Good time to let everyone "fly" on their own....it's only for a few hours! In school, they are separate....they'll be fine.

The other option is to see if they are combining the two groups at free play time. Just check with staff to ensure the free play is happening as scheduled, as I've dropped my boys off so they could play together and gotten some angry comments when the schedule was changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk