Upgrading Drink Package

ISLANDFAN

You just pay the difference now. Less reason to upgrade. I think you got incorrect information. You can upgrade online and only one if you want to do so. But as many have said, better to wait and see if you really want/need to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone said that your on board account is charged 18% of the price of the drink package (even if it is added as a free perk) for the service charge. Is this true??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just had the Classic Package as one our perks, and we were not charged an extra 18% gratuity. It was included in the perk. If you upgrade, you'll have to pay the 18% tip on top of the $10/day price increase, making the Premium upgrade effectively $11.80/day.

We received the Classic Beverage package as one of our perks as well as free gratuities and $300 onboard credit. Can we use our OBC to upgrade to the Premium Beverage package? Someone above mentioned that if we upgrade to the Premium Package we will have to add on the 18% gratuity. Does this apply even if our gratuities are being paid as a perk? Thanks!

I would wait till you get on board. Last year for Mother's Day Cruise out of Bayonne to Bermuda they offered an upgraded package onboard for an extremely low amount. It paid for us to wait to upgrade till we were onboard. Never know if they might offer something special.

Premium Drink Package was $35 a person ($70 for two) on our 7 Night Aqua 1 Summit Bermuda May 2016, that was nice. Don't ever upgrade at home.

Sadly, we had to do our 17 Night Aqua 1 Infinity Panama Canal Cruise Sept 2015 with the Classic Package.

32288398924_c543313e76_b.jpg

32330066244_67a5b73725_b.jpg

32347225484_a3c0790b64_b.jpg

22572225420_3f4c1edfa3_b.jpg

CaptDave

We received the Classic Beverage package as one of our perks as well as free gratuities and $300 onboard credit. Can we use our OBC to upgrade to the Premium Beverage package? Someone above mentioned that if we upgrade to the Premium Package we will have to add on the 18% gratuity. Does this apply even if our gratuities are being paid as a perk? Thanks!

Yes, you can use your OBC to upgrade. Yes, you will still pay the 18% gratuities for the upgrade. The free gratuities you received as a perk go for grats to employees...

Yes, you can use your OBC to upgrade. Yes, you will still pay the 18% gratuities for the upgrade. The free gratuities you received as a perk go for grats to employees...

. To clarify (maybe because I read this differently than intended) the "Free Gratuities" perk pays for the tips to your stateroom attendant, assistant stateroom attendant, waiter and assistant waiter. Also butler if you have one.

It does not apply to bar staff. If you have the standard drink package, that includes gratuities. If you upgrade, you pay the 18% on just the amount of the upgrade, not the cost of the whole package. The $11.80 per day charge to upgrade is the $10.00 per day plus 18% on the $10.00.

Of note, we still give extra to any staff that go above and beyond and/or make our trip really enjoyable. This includes servers in the Elite Lounge, Sommeliers, and Assistant Maître d's, among others.

Andrew

I know it is suggested to wait until you board to upgrade your drink package. But currently Celebrity is offering 10% off the Premium Package. I was looking into upgrading on the cruise planner, but there is no option to upgrade. If I add the Premium Package to my cart it is charging the full value of $58.50 per person (plus 18% gratuity). Am I missing the upgrade option?

I know it is suggested to wait until you board to upgrade your drink package. But currently Celebrity is offering 10% off the Premium Package. I was looking into upgrading on the cruise planner, but there is no option to upgrade. If I add the Premium Package to my cart it is charging the full value of $58.50 per person (plus 18% gratuity). Am I missing the upgrade option?
r

There have been many posts about this. The discount doesn't apply to upgrading. It is only for the full package.

If you are Elite Plus you also get 10% discount on any drink package but have also heard that it doesn't apply to upgrades.

Drink up 🍺🍹🍸🍷

Was looking at a cruise that comes with Classic Drink package as a perk. Looking at the terms though it says if the 2nd person in the cabin is under 18, they only get the NonAlcoholic Classic package. Now I understand in Classic you can get Zero proof (virgin) cocktails, but you can't in the bin alcoholic package. Is this correct? If so, can you upgrade to premium nonAlcoholic in order to get hose? And does anyone know how much this would cost?

Seems unfair to not get all the benefits of the Classic package for the 2nd person?