Cruise Elegant

Shorebrook1

Directly from the Celebrity site, here is the description.

Per Celebrity:What is the onboard dress code?Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• • A cocktail dress
  • • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• • Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

• • Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

• • Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Are you sure that you are referencing Celebrity? "cruise elegant" is not mentioned in the dress code.

For information on the Celebrity dress code, the website does spell it all out for you.

Onboard Dress Code

Q.What is the onboard dress code?

A.Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

• Pants or jeans with a sport shirt that has sleeves

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening."

I still have no idea what evening chic is, other than a marketing term. To me, it sounds the same as casual, and in practice, is often the same.

A female friend of mine has cruised Celebrity countless times. She likes to dress comfortably and prefers not to dress formally on Evening Chic nights. She wears dress slacks and pairs them with a sweater twin set that has sparkles in it. She adds nice jewelry, and she's good to go.

I can relate to what you say. Because I dress corporate casual almost all the time (think Chico's suitable for an office), every top I wear could be considered "elegant," but I still don't feel it is dressy enough for Evening Chic (even though it would be).

Like my friend, I'm no longer into doing big-time formal, but I do like to dress up a little more on Evening Chic nights.

Tasteful yet fancy jewelry (including costume that doesn't look like costume) works well for me. I'll pair it with basic black, fluff up my hair a little more than usual, wear elegant shoes and carry an evening bag, and I'm done.

Then I will have the outfit cleaned, and, for the second Evening Chic, I'll change the jewelry or wear a fancy shawl that is appropriate for evening wear.

For me, it is like the difference between what I would wear to an upscale restaurant as opposed to what I would wear to a wedding. The latter, for me, is always dressier, but not super formal unless it is designated black tie.

On the September 10 Summit. The dress code for some of the nights is cruise elegant in lieu of formal nights. What is acceptable as cruise elegant for both the women and men? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever you want to wear that is nice.

The words "should feel comfortable" leaves a lot of leeway for interpretation.

If I am not comfortable than apparently it means I should be able to wear what I am comfortable wearing.

It seems as more of a suggestion and not a policy or request.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞