How do you secure your belongings on the beach?

MaryLS

You don't. If your items are not with you, then they are not secure. I don't leave anything unattended that I'm not prepared to lose. ID, ship card, some cash, and a credit card stays tethered to me in a waterproof holder. Waterproof camera stays tethered to me. Beach towel, book, whatever, stays on the beach. Kindles, iPhones, iPads, all that crap -- stays on the ship.

I have something called a Tan Safe which looks like a bottle of sun cream, but opens up with a storage space inside. I'm happy leaving a little cash in there, but I don't leave camera or phone etc. Don't tend to bring my phone to the beach, and camera is waterproof so comes with me.

The best way is to leave most of it on the ship. You don't need to take a lot, an ID, a ship card, a CC and some cash. Put it in a small water proof pouch that you can keep with you. The only other thing you need to worry about would be your phone or camera. Get a water proof holder and keep it with you. Problem solved.

No one wants your shirts towels, etc.

I cruise solo, so I am always in a situation of figuring out what to do with my "stuff"... My go to plan, that is tried and true, has always just been bringing my items (towel, sunscreen, cash, ID, ect) in a simple plastic shopping bag (Target, Publix, ect) and plopping it down right on the beach... Sometimes I will seek out an older looking couple, their with their grand kids and ask if they would watch it. This method has worked for me for years, without ever losing a thing...

We use a Kyss bag for our beach bag. We've got the very large one - it fits towels and water for 5, sunscreen, etc. It's got a chain and a combination lock so you can lock the bag to something large (in Mexico, we locked it around the base of the Palapa) and the bag cannot be opened while it is locked. The material is very slash resistant, and and it makes your bag unattractive to thieves. We might put our phones and camera in there and whatever cash or a credit card we need for the day. We don't bring super expensive stuff to the beach, but we'd like to keep it if we do.

http://www.kyssbags.com/

59c815545a903e288171dbcebe0f9358.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X9XVHPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We just used the above Waterproof Pouch with Waist Strap. They worked well.

Thanks for this topic! it reminded me to get the waterproof bags. they really come in handy. you can't trust your valuables on the beach!:)

We use this pouch from Amazon. It held three full size passports and a passport card plus three cash envelopes. My husband's swimming trunks all have this hole in the bottom of the pocket. We thread the string thru and slide the loop into the carabiner hooked to the bag. This firmly secures the bag in his pocket. 4dda422e815263a061119e565cbf66d7.jpg9a3e2ab4c089f410f5c41a7eb5ae4abe.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just wondering how you secure your items on the beach if you go into the water, restroom, etc.? Any suggestions?

We never leave our belongings unattended. We=3 of us. One of us always stays with our belongings while the other two are in the water or at the restroom. If you are traveling solo, I'd suggest that you can leave your beach towel, beach bag, etc., but take your purse,cash, ID, and credit cards, phone, and anything of value with you to the rest room or wherever. If you go into the water, one of those waterproof pouches others have suggested, but I'd never leave my important stuff unattended.

I ordered a large lime green kyss bag for my cruise in November. I got the green because it's bright and can be seen from the pool, beach, etc. I think it's very well made with reinforced straps and looks like it will last a long time. The large size is big enough for beach towels and all the misc items you bring to the beach. The lock and chain look sturdy. I'm hoping I will love it! It was $44.99 plus $9.99 shipping. Kind of pricey but I like the fact that when it's locked, no one can walk off with it or open it. I think it will be great to use on airline or train also. Hopefully I'll get alot of use out of it.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app

I live near the beach here in NJ. When we go I usually put my phone and money wallet inside of a plastic baggy and bury it in the sand under my chair. I don't make it obvious when doing so. Usually very discreet about it. Always always works.

On a cruise shore trip to beach we try to keep the valuables to a minimum and put them in a waterproof pouch that I put round my kneck, only has a phone, cruise keycard, some money and a photocopy of my passport... always works perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your other option would be to use a locking beach bag/ tote bag. You can google them- "Kyss bags" seem be one of the more popular ones with good reviews and recommended by other members of the CC community

We love our Kyss bag.

Had it for last 5 cruises and does its job.

We use it on the ship by the pool to keep our belongings safe and our two loungers and towels from being stolen.

Now before some one attacks us for being chair hogs, we usually get loungers near the pool but far enough away that there are always more empty chairs around us.

Never did go for the ones close to the pool.

Sea Ya