Culinary Arts Kitchen

beaujolais

I am sorry if this question has been asked before

We are on the TA in Nov. on the Explorer and from today are able to book dinner in the restaurants and have done with no problems but can you please tell me how do we find out the full details of the classes offered and book to attend the lessons at The Culinary Arts Kitchen

Thanks in advance

While I don't have a Explorer cruise to check at the moment, bookings were made in "My Account" on the Regent website (in the same area where you made dining and excursion reservations).

It has been our experience that these classes book up quickly and are usually full by the time that you board. I would do one of the following:

1. Ask your TA - they should be very familiar with these details

2. Ask Mike Moore via this board.

3. Call Regent again. If one person doesn't know, ask for a supervisor who will either answer the question or transfer to you to someone that can.

IMO, you need to book these popular classes ASAP.

I did call again this morning, 8/26/17. Was told they have no idea when they will post them--just keep looking at your account everyday. This doesn't make any sense to me, just poor planning on Regents part. Just 89 days until cruise will start. I'm starting to think Regent may need to sit down with their Marketing Department.

Rick

Thanks for quick reply TC

I have asked Regent UK office in Southampton but the same as ronrick found out they didn't know. The same advice as ronick "keep looking", not very satisfactory

If would be a great help if Mike Moore would reply to this thread

All of the classes have been filled for months, so you may have to wait until embakation to make arrangements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

What is the source of your information? I booked the cruise last December and there has never been a website link available to book culinary classes. Were you able to book one or more culinary classes?

What is the source of your information? I booked the cruise last December and there has never been a website link available to book culinary classes. Were you able to book one or more culinary classes?

Although I did not book a culinary class, I was able to view them and could have booked them online for our last three Explorer cruises. Perhaps the link isn't there? Really think that Mike Moore is the perfect person to ask since he knows the website. Either a new thread could be started or the question could be tagged on to the one about the new website since he has been responding on that thread.

All of the classes have been filled for months, so you may have to wait until embakation to make arrangements.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

This can't be true, they would have to have posted it to sell the class. We booked the cruise sometime ago and asked when we booked. But if it is true, look out Regent.

Rick

I'm on this cruise with you all as well. When I contacted my TA (same agency you use, TC2) about this issue, she told me to contact Regent. The Regent agent told me that they were still trying to contract a chef for the kitchen. When everything is finalized, the information will come up online.

I'm on this cruise with you all as well. When I contacted my TA (same agency you use, TC2) about this issue, she told me to contact Regent. The Regent agent told me that they were still trying to contract a chef for the kitchen. When everything is finalized, the information will come up online.

This is definitely surprising information. I had no idea that they were short of chefs for the kitchen. I saw three of them during our four Explorer cruises but realize that they are shared with Oceania's Marina and Riviera kitchens. So, assuming that what the Regent agent told you is true (not questioning you but am not 100% sure about what Regent agents say), no one will be able to book classes until they contract a chef. I wonder how many cruises this will be affecting!

Thanks for sharing.

This is definitely surprising information. I had no idea that they were short of chefs for the kitchen. I saw three of them during our four Explorer cruises but realize that they are shared with Oceania's Marina and Riviera kitchens. So, assuming that what the Regent agent told you is true (not questioning you but am not 100% sure about what Regent agents say), no one will be able to book classes until they contract a chef. I wonder how many cruises this will be affecting!

Thanks for sharing.

But TC, if it is true that doesn't say much for Regent, after all they have add the school of the ship and over a year to contract a chef. It's not like the ship doesn't sail from week to week. I can't believe that is the reason--but? Rick

But TC, if it is true that doesn't say much for Regent, after all they have add the school of the ship and over a year to contract a chef. It's not like the ship doesn't sail from week to week. I can't believe that is the reason--but? Rick

Like I said, I believe the poster but not necessarily the person that gave the information. Your cruise is far enough out that, if they had an issue, it would be resolved by then. I know that last minute things can happen (like when Chef Kelly on the Riviera broke her foot/ankle and had to be replaced ...... but they found a replacement for her quickly). So, even if every Culinary Center chef quit (highly unlikely), new ones could be trained by November and Regent would continue scheduling classes.

Still think that Mike Moore is the best person to answer the question since he knows what is and what is not on Regent's website.

Like I said, I believe the poster but not necessarily the person that gave the information. Your cruise is far enough out that, if they had an issue, it would be resolved by then. I know that last minute things can happen (like when Chef Kelly on the Riviera broke her foot/ankle and had to be replaced ...... but they found a replacement for her quickly). So, even if every Culinary Center chef quit (highly unlikely), new ones could be trained by November and Regent would continue scheduling classes. Still think that Mike Moore is the best person to answer the question since he knows what is and what is not on Regent's website.

I agree, but even you have to say this lacks any good business practice. Their is no reason why they don't have the classes posted. Even if they don't have a Chef right now, that should be the easy part. After all "O" works with a well known Chef---someone just talking to Chef "JP" should be able to get someone for the cruise. It really appears that someone at Regent isn't doing their job or doesn't care--let's be honest about this. If you advertise a product you really should be able to supply that product. And if Regent checks this board (Mr. Moore) they should writing by now. Also it seems like they have gotten a few phone calls about this problem-and it is a problem. Rick

This is just another example of Regent's failed communications division. Whatever the issue is behind the scenes, Regent can post basic information online for guests and make sure that phone agents know the info. If Regent doesn't know what the schedule is, then Regent can simply say so online and provide regular updates (even if the update is simply that Regent still hasn't worked out the schedule).

It doesn't take a communications genius to recognize that guests will want to know when and how to book something with the culinary center. Why make multiple guests jump through hoops trying to find basic info about a booked cruise?

And frequently Regent lets these sort of CC threads revolving around incomplete information go on and on. Witness the threads about the cruise schedule changes due to "tides" that go on endlessly because the explanation from Regent makes no sense to passengers. Yet it seems that Regent can be bothered to post a credible explanation.

Will be interesting to see if anyone from Regent can be bothered to address the culinary center issue on CC and also to see if anyone provides info online.

This is just another example of Regent's failed communications division.

IMO, Regent has no responsibility to report on this board or any other board. However, have you considered that this thread blossomed over the weekend and Regent is closed? This is hardly an emergency!

IMO, Regent has no responsibility to report on this board or any other board. However, have you considered that this thread blossomed over the weekend and Regent is closed? This is hardly an emergency!

Well really it was Friday morning and Regent was open. True it's not an emergency, but that is hardly an excuse for poor customer service. Or a company not doing their job. Like I said if they are going to sell a product they need to have that product. Cruising is all about service. Rick

So, looking at a cruise we have booked on Explorer:

In the 'Customise Your Voyage' section of 'My Account' for that voyage it shows:

• Air arrangements
  • Shore Excursions (including the date when excursions may be booked)
  • Beverages, Dining etc (including the date when dining reservations may be booked)

However, there is no mention of the Culinary Kitchen. Surely this could be treated in the same way as excursion booking and dining - detailing a firm date when classes can be booked and supplying links to detailed descriptions of each class.

Difficulties with recruitment of teaching chefs should not affect this information, unless Regent are considering scrapping the classes (unlikely).

Giving no information to guests or agents is not a very customer friendly way of operating and will just create frustration for everyone.

I am also on the November TA. As the others have said, the booking option for the kitchen is not there.

They may be having trouble booking someone if their talent pool is mainly the U.S., since the cruise operates over Thanksgiving.

Does anyone know if there's a way to recommend an instructor to Regent? I just completed a "Fundamentals of Cooking for the Home Chef" course with an instructor who is fabulous. The setting that I understand the Culinary Arts Kitchen to be would be right up his alley. In addition to being a great teacher in a hands-on setting, he is a "personality" and so is entertaining to learn from. I don't know if he'd do one over Thanksgiving, as he usually prepares the family meal for that holiday, but seriously he is someone they should ask.

Well, much to much time for me one this one. But Flossie009 I couldn't agree with you more-you said everything and I do hope Regent is reading as they need help on customer service.

Paratrooper69, if your on the TA this Nov 2017-this would be a mistake on Regents part if sold out and not stating that information. I booked in late May and deposit was paid on May 30th. I asked about cooking classes at that time, my TA called Regent and was told no classes could be booked at that time. I also called Regent once a month to check as I wanted to take a few classes for fun, each time I was told Regent wasn't ready. Now that I've paid for the full cruise I've called 2 times on Friday and on 2 time on Saturday just to be sure-Regent said not ready yet and they have gotten many calls on this.

TC2, The more that I think of your answer "THIS IS HARDLY AN EMERGENCY" how sad is that answer. You know when this cruise sails full that's over $6,000,000 in revenue fare before anyone spends any money-I really think Regent can and should do a better this! Rick