Tour Company Recommendations Barbados, Martinique St Maarten

Nursebarbara

Hi everyone,

First time to these ports and I am looking for advice on shore excursions independent of cruise line or recommendations of good ways to see these ports of call on our own. Thanks for reading this post and taking time to respond.

Have you already looked at the Ports of Call forums? That, and TripAdvisor are where I've always found my independent tour companies.

IMO, many (most?) Caibean isllands can be seen easily witthout need for orefanizedd tour. Many times inth various islands, we vventured offf on ourf own. If there was somehting particular we learned (by reading in advance of our travel), we wanted to vview. We hired a taxi, told driverr what we wanted, got an legtimate for price and off we went. We viewed and visited at our own speed and loved the indedpendence of not following a herd around

You need a tour iff you want a 'booze cruise' o r a scuba or snorkle experience. most islands are not so huge you need to feear distances. Always keep track otthe time to be sure to return to ship on time. It is so easy and relaingg to go off on your own Do at least minimal research so you do not arrive totally ignorrantt of the island and don't know what is worth seeing. and is of special interest to you. I don't usually get upset if I don't see swomething because we ran out of time or strength but i do get annoyed if I simply did not know it was there because we did no research.

Not:e: For St. Maarten, If you go to French side be careful of time as the road backs up with heavyt traffic if there are a number of ships in port.

Not answering....so I will just tell you our two best itineraries in St. Maarten. Orient Beach and Maho beach ...:cool:

Hi Champagne! Thank you for the suggestions. Did you use a particular tour operator who was reasonable and included both Orient and Maho beach in the tour? As far as interests mostly looking for tours that cover highlights and mild to moderate not strenuous activity level.

Barbados....Calabaza catamaran cruise...great crew, food and drink...12 people max Fantastic day out!

My sincere appreciate for the recommendation. Just went to the website and it looks awesome. A little pricey but does seem like you get a great experience. I have sent them an email inquiry.

Have you already looked at the Ports of Call forums? That, and TripAdvisor are where I've always found my independent tour companies.

Viator and TripAdvisor have a few companies to look at. We are headed to these ports in November and have been checking things out.